Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at MCO

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2011, 9:58 am

Programs: National Exec, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Sixt Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Wyndham Diamond, TR Diamond
Just got back from MCO Sunday-Friday.

Had two reservations, full-size for executive isle and a luxury. Price was only $105 and $185.

For the full-size off the executive isle we grabbed a Suburban LT for the family. I had a hard time finding the luxury section at National and asked the lady and she said "was there nothing over there?" point at a buick lacrosse (seems more like a premium to me). She took me over to the people at Alamo which very hesitantly looked at my reservation and I just asked if I could grab one of the two Infiniti G37's they had over there and they said yes. By that time I was in a hurry and the one I got had 20,000 miles on it and a Nissan replacement keyfob which didn't seem to work all the features such as push button entry. Overall though it was a bit smaller than I'm used to be probably the most fun vehicle I've driven. The suburban we got that followed me sure couldn't keep up.

In the executive isle there were a couple of convertibles. I believ they were Chrysler 200's, several tahoes and a dodge durango. In the Alamo luxury lanes just the two Infiniti G37s and a Lincoln MKZ that I noticed.

Side note when I checked out she didn't seem to know to put the Infiniti as a full-size or luxury which makes me wonder how easy it might be to sneak one out on a full-size ressie.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 12:44 pm

Programs: AA PLAT, Marriot Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Has anyone seen Hybrids at this location?
Old Dec 26, 2011, 12:20 pm

Just got back from MCO. Arrived 12/15 @ 3 PM. Executive Aisle had nothing but Impala's and like cars. I tried to snag a mini-van but they wanted to charge a lot more (~$450) for 8 days ( I knew I could get a mini-van for about $135 more than my normal rate because I had checked). The guy told me they had moved everything off the aisle in preparation for the upcoming holiday (as if I didn't know). Finally left with an Impala but had a heck of a time getting 3 suitcases loaded. My family was coming in later that night so I knew this was a stopgap at best. After confirming that the $450 was a rip off, I returned to MCO on 12/18 with a minivan reservation in hand to get something bigger. This time there were several decent size vehicles on the Executive Aisle and I snagged an Acadia. After a little wrangling, I got it at the normal rate. The moral of the story, I guess, is to reserve what you want and if you find something better on the aisle then argue your case.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 11:12 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, SPG Platinum, AMEX Platinum, Hyatt Plat, Avis PC, National Exec
I'm coming in tomorrow evening and have Executive Selection service (first time I'm using), can anyone say if A side or B side have better cars at that hour? I reserved a mid-size and I'm hoping for a large SUV.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 10:10 pm

Programs: na
hi

Originally Posted by squashgw
I'm coming in tomorrow evening and have Executive Selection service (first time I'm using), can anyone say if A side or B side have better cars at that hour? I reserved a mid-size and I'm hoping for a large SUV.
hey i was there saturday in the EA aisle ive seen a lot of chevy suburbans,ford expedition EL edition,ford explorer,nissan pathfinders,mazda cx9,nissan muranos and toyota sequoia trucks there are more trucks than cars in the EA aisle just to let you know and the best selections are in the morning before noon.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 2:17 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Great rates...

Super cheap again this weekend... a weekly rental picking up this Friday (1/27) is as low as $59.38 (+tax/fees) using the $35off/weekly coupon (and standard 10% off EC Contract ID). Wish I was going.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 5:27 pm

June 12 Hire

Hey
Im heading over to states from Ireland in June. i booked through a 3rd party website for standard convertible with national. It said mustang or similar. i called the reservations line and i think i was connected to India. i gave the lady my reference and said any chance i can put in a request for a mustang. she said it shouldn't b a problem. do you think this sounds ok? She said call a day or 2 before i arrive. have national got mustangs at the mo?
Old Jan 26, 2012, 1:29 am

Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Originally Posted by Alan Ireland
Hey
Im heading over to states from Ireland in June. i booked through a 3rd party website for standard convertible with national. It said mustang or similar. i called the reservations line and i think i was connected to India. i gave the lady my reference and said any chance i can put in a request for a mustang. she said it shouldn't b a problem. do you think this sounds ok? She said call a day or 2 before i arrive. have national got mustangs at the mo?
If you book a convertible via Emerald Reserve at MCO, you are almost certain to get a Chrysler 200. I have seen very few Mustangs in the convertible section. I suppose it is possible that Alamo may have one and they could accommodate you. No guarantees though.

I would not rely on any "requests" made over the phone; it's simply not the way National is set up. The whole concept behind their business model is built around a "pick what you want from what they have" system. Hertz, on the other hand, sells a "reserve exactly what car you want" type of service. If you are really counting on a Mustang, I would not rent from National.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 10:50 pm

Programs: na
HEY

Originally Posted by jonathanit
if you book a convertible via emerald reserve at mco, you are almost certain to get a chrysler 200. I have seen very few mustangs in the convertible section. I suppose it is possible that alamo may have one and they could accommodate you. No guarantees though.

I would not rely on any "requests" made over the phone; it's simply not the way national is set up. The whole concept behind their business model is built around a "pick what you want from what they have" system. Hertz, on the other hand, sells a "reserve exactly what car you want" type of service. If you are really counting on a mustang, i would not rent from national.
you absolutlely right all convertibles are all those old man chrysler 200 very few mustangs but i,ve seen vw cc lately but they put it in the executive aisle national needs a very good selections of convertibles especially here in florida not just those 200 they need to bring at least more mustangs and camaros convertibles also bring some luxury convertibles such as a volvo c70 and the infiniti g37 and the new murano convertible.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 2:45 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, SPG Platinum, AMEX Platinum, Hyatt Plat, Avis PC, National Exec
Just got back last night from MCO and picked up from Exec on Sunday night. All Tahoes, Suburbans and a Nissan Armada, no true luxury cars in there.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 4:20 pm

Emerald Club booking Standard

I am an Emerald Club member that just booked a standard car at MCO because it was cheaper then midsize.

I just got off the phone with Member Services and now I am more confused then ever. I asked her does EA come with any car class midsize and above and she said if I book standard I don't go to EA but go to Emerald Select. Huh?

Should I keep the standard because it is cheaper and pick off EA or do I have to book a midsize?

So an update to this. As I was playing with Edit Car Selection: both the standard and midsize show Aisle & Executive Service. Classes below and above, that is removed.

Last edited by mjr0483; Feb 3, 2012 at 4:56 pm Reason: Update
Old Feb 3, 2012, 4:57 pm

Technically you should be renting midsize to pick from the EA. "self-downgrading" is not always met with a warm reception. Chances are you will get away with renting standard and taking from the EA, but it is "against the rules"'
Old Feb 3, 2012, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by Coastercameron
Technically you should be renting midsize to pick from the EA. "self-downgrading" is not always met with a warm reception. Chances are you will get away with renting standard and taking from the EA, but it is "against the rules"'
So then how will my choices be with "standard". Should also add I am arriving around midnight

Thanks btw.

Last edited by mjr0483; Feb 3, 2012 at 5:05 pm Reason: Thanks
Old Feb 3, 2012, 5:26 pm

I don't get this talk about "rules" and such, I have never had any problem at all going to the EA/ES no matter what category is on my reservation. Especially at MCO. And I never bother calling National and asking about these matters; their advice has nothing to do with the location your renting from and entirely to do with whatever they happen to feel like making up that day on the phone.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by mjr0483
I am an Emerald Club member that just booked a standard car at MCO because it was cheaper then midsize.

I just got off the phone with Member Services and now I am more confused then ever. I asked her does EA come with any car class midsize and above and she said if I book standard I don't go to EA but go to Emerald Select. Huh?
There's a word or two here that may be off. Check your confirmation (email or online) for the phrase level of service. If you reserve midsize at one of the ~60 U.S./Canadian airport that have Emerald Aisle service you should see Emerald Aisle as level of service. (If you reserve a different class or specialty class, expect Emerald Reserve: a row/selection of vehicles specifically of the reserved type.) If you made 12 rentals/40 days last year you may have qualified to the Executive tier and your reservation will entitle you to the Executive Selection, commonly shorthanded on this forum as ES. If you're headed to a non-Emerald Aisle station, expect Emerald Club Counter and a pre-assigned vehicle (merely a starting point for those ready to question it).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.