Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at MCO

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2011, 11:56 am

Emerald Reserve

I made a luxury ressie at MCO & on the top of the reservation is says Emerald Reserve. Does National have a Luxury aisle & a Emerald Reserve Aisle? Do I get to pick of both of the aisles or is it just the same thing?

What kind of cars are in Emerald Reserve?
Old Apr 1, 2011, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Emerald Reserve refers to a service type whereby one is pointed to a row of cars in the reserved class, with the renter selecting a car. It's described in the Emerald Club features at www.nationalcar.com. Emerald Reserve operates at ~60 airport locations in the U.S. offering Emerald Aisle (midsize reservation by club members) and Executive Selection (full size reservation by elite members) rows.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 7:11 am

Saturday, 4/9 at around 1:20 Side A.

EA had the ususal suspects (Malibu, Corrolla, a few Camrys) Executive Aisle had two Infiniti G's, one VW (don't know the Sytle, but the new sporty looking one) and one midsize SUV, a Buick LaCrosse, and the normal Camry, Hyundai stuff. The VW was "occupied" so I took the G. If I had realized the VW was just being pulled in I might have tried it, but very happy with the Infiniti.

I was meeting a friend on a later flight so I drove over to B and parked. Walked though that side. Nothing really nice on either aisle.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 7:23 am

MCO Luxury Cars

Just got back from MCO 4/15-4/22. Had a luxury ressie. when I arrived the national guy walked me to the aisle & showed me what they had (town cars, new buick regal & other boring cars). I asked if he had anything else & he told me to walk over to Alamo & see what they had & grab anything I wanted. They had the new buick regal, a saab, ford taurus & a caddy STS in their aisle. I took the caddy. 2011 w/1200 miles on it. power everything, leather, DVD navigation (although the only disk was for Western US & Canada only), heated & cooled seats, remote start. Great car & I had fun with it. Very busy time of year for MCO & I walked from baggage claim to the car in 2 minutes & loaded up to leave. drove to the gate & no one was in line. took 15 minutes from airplane to exit, it was amazing.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by i59b
I made a luxury ressie at MCO & on the top of the reservation is says Emerald Reserve. Does National have a Luxury aisle & a Emerald Reserve Aisle? Do I get to pick of both of the aisles or is it just the same thing?

What kind of cars are in Emerald Reserve?
Just a note... I had a Luxury or Premium (can't remember which) booked there a while back.

On both A and B sides those aisles were EMPTY so I complained to the rep standing around.

First she tried to tell me that "Elite doesn't qualify you for the car" when I FINALLY convinced her I had reserved this car class she hauled me over to Alamo where they "hide" them to keep EA members from "self upgrading" (She basically told me "we don't keep them over here people take them") SO check the Alamo aisles too.
Old May 21, 2011, 9:55 am

Programs: AAdvantage, National Emerald Club
I know it's a little late, but I was in MCO 5/2 with an EA reservation. There were approximately 11 cars for Emerald Aisle with a breakdown as follows: 1 Hyundai (Elantra, I believe), 1 Dodge Grand Caravan (Looked to be a brand new model, as it had the updated Dodge script on the back), 1 Ford Fusion and 8 Chevrolet Impalas. I took the Fusion, which was pretty well loaded with leather and working satellite radio.

The Executive Selection had quite a few Tahoes, 300s and the odd Grand Marquis.

I'll be back down there this Friday, so I'll post an update of what I find.
Old May 21, 2011, 10:02 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
I just landed atMCO

The EA had its usual selection of Impalas, Camry, Altima, Fusion. I Took the Camry. The Executive Side had its share of 300, Challenger, Mustang, there was Genesis and a Infinity G37. Very Surprised on the Infinity, as I've never seen them on MCO in the past.
Old May 22, 2011, 11:33 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by arollins
The EA had its usual selection of Impalas, Camry, Altima, Fusion. I Took the Camry. The Executive Side had its share of 300, Challenger, Mustang, there was Genesis and a Infinity G37. Very Surprised on the Infinity, as I've never seen them on MCO in the past.
There were no Infinitis, Ford Mustangs, or Dodge Challengers in the Executive side tonight, but there was a Volkswagen CC that sadly, somebody had already claimed. I removed a Hyundai Genesis and returned it at FLL three hours and five minutes later (ask me about WN flight 1600).
Old May 27, 2011, 5:27 am

Programs: UA 1K, National Car EE, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Platnium/Lifetime Silver
Landed around 945AM on the 24th. Exec Aisle had standard fare of camrys some SUVs but 2 that stuck out was a Saab and a VW CC. Took the VW CC. had only 500 miles on it when I got it. Very nice car however the turbo takes a few seconds to kick in and you can feel it when it does.
Old May 28, 2011, 9:30 am

Smile MCO July 2011

I have a standard car booked (Fusion or similar) at MCO with Alamo for mid July, I have no National/Alamo status - do I get to pick my own car, or is this just for status holders?

What am I likely to find there if I do get to pick my own?

Many thanks!!
Old May 28, 2011, 12:46 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by slickentogs
I have a standard car booked (Fusion or similar) at MCO with Alamo for mid July, I have no National/Alamo status - do I get to pick my own car, or is this just for status holders?

What am I likely to find there if I do get to pick my own?

Many thanks!!
Are you an emerald club member - if not sign up for free to bypass the line and choose your own from the emerald aisle otherwise STD is usually Malibu or Fusion.
Old May 29, 2011, 8:17 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton and Wyndham Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Delta Plat, United Silver, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by peteropny
Are you an emerald club member - if not sign up for free to bypass the line and choose your own from the emerald aisle otherwise STD is usually Malibu or Fusion.
Wouldn't they also have to make a reservation for National, instead of Alamo? I didn't think that Emerald Club was interchangeable with Alamo.
Old May 29, 2011, 11:02 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by zdcatc12
Wouldn't they also have to make a reservation for National, instead of Alamo? I didn't think that Emerald Club was interchangeable with Alamo.
Oops correct.
Old Jun 3, 2011, 9:19 am

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Originally Posted by NYC2TheWorld
Landed around 945AM on the 24th. Exec Aisle had standard fare of camrys some SUVs but 2 that stuck out was a Saab and a VW CC. Took the VW CC. had only 500 miles on it when I got it. Very nice car however the turbo takes a few seconds to kick in and you can feel it when it does.
There have been several posts with lots of good data points recently... but can I suggest including whether the information is for the A Side or B Side? They have two separate lots at MCO and it would be good to know which side is being posted about.

I picked up a car late Monday night (11:30p) 5/30 from the B side. The ES was terrible, a ton of camrys, a 300 (old one), generic Chevys and a minivan or two. What stood out was a white 2011 Toyota Venza. I've never driven one before so I decided to try it. It's pretty nice with lots of great features: Bluetooth, iPod/iPhone USB connectivity, auto up/down on all four windows, XM SatRadio... and a really clever iPod/phone holder built into the center console. It wasn't too heavily used at less than 5K mi. I'm satisfied for the week... especially with the cheap rates they were offering when I booked (less than $95 for a full week before taxes).
Old Jun 3, 2011, 6:50 pm

Programs: National Exec, HA Pualani Gold
Originally Posted by JonathanIT
What stood out was a white 2011 Toyota Venza.
What is the Venza classified as?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.