Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at MCO

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2010, 6:19 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Want2Fly4ever
Heading down on Saturday for a family vacation. Hope there are some SUV's or Minivans available as we'll have 4-5 suitcases.
What did you end up with?

On Sat night when I arrived there were only Chargers, Impalas, couple Sonatas & 1 Volvo S40.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 8:22 pm

1/19 Landed at MCO at 2:30pm. On the B side Executive Section had 2 Ford Mustang Convertibles, 1 Ford Flex, numerous Chargers, Impalas, 1 Ford Taurus, and a new 300 with only 642 miles. I scooped that one right away, and the guy right behind me took one of the convertibles. A Volvo was driving away and couldn't tell if it was a S40 or S60. Will be in LAS next week!
Old Jan 31, 2010, 7:31 pm

Programs: AC 100k, SPG Platinum, Avis PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
What did you end up with?

On Sat night when I arrived there were only Chargers, Impalas, couple Sonatas & 1 Volvo S40.
Arrived on the 16th at 4:30pm and there was nothing but Chargers and Calibres, maybe a Corolla too, can't remember, but nothing at all exciting (and every color was White!). Someone had just taken a Caravan.

Anyway, went up to a National employee (in a shirt and tie) by the Customer Service booth and asked him if there were any minivans or SUV's coming up to the Exec aisle soon and he said "Just take anything in the SUV aisle"!

So picked a Santa Fe with 1800 miles and XM! Very nice car. Was only the 4 cylinder so a little weak on the passing on the highway but otherwise everyone enjoyed it. Should've taken a Sienna from the minivan aisle though as it would have been bigger.

So the moral may be even though the selection stinks just ask.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 12:48 pm

Programs: DL - Plat, Marriott - Plat, Hilton - Diamond, SPG- Plat, National- ES
Originally Posted by Want2Fly4ever
Arrived on the 16th at 4:30pm and there was nothing but Chargers and Calibres, maybe a Corolla too, can't remember, but nothing at all exciting (and every color was White!). Someone had just taken a Caravan.

Anyway, went up to a National employee (in a shirt and tie) by the Customer Service booth and asked him if there were any minivans or SUV's coming up to the Exec aisle soon and he said "Just take anything in the SUV aisle"!

So picked a Santa Fe with 1800 miles and XM! Very nice car. Was only the 4 cylinder so a little weak on the passing on the highway but otherwise everyone enjoyed it. Should've taken a Sienna from the minivan aisle though as it would have been bigger.

So the moral may be even though the selection stinks just ask.
Am I the only person who thinks "If I have to hunt down an employee what's the purpose of EA?" (And who also gets more then a little mad if the Aisle if full of Mini vans! They market the thing to Business Travelers!)
Old Feb 10, 2010, 11:57 am

Programs: After years in the desert now e50k
Originally Posted by CarolDisney1
Am I the only person who thinks "If I have to hunt down an employee what's the purpose of EA?" (And who also gets more then a little mad if the Aisle if full of Mini vans! They market the thing to Business Travelers!)
A couple of days ago I flew in to MCO and the executive aisle was full of mini vans and one dodge avenger. The emerald aisle was full of HHRs. I went to the alamo booth (National was closed) and they asked "what do you want?". I said how about a convertible and they said take anything from the convertible aisle.

Ended up with a Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder (wow does this thing have bad visibility out of the back)
Old Feb 13, 2010, 11:44 pm

Programs: DL GE
Enterprise is stealing MCO's cars! LOL

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other...ience-mco.html

It was a funny thought...
Old Feb 14, 2010, 5:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP,MR PP,Hyatt Diam, SPG Plat,PC Plat, HH Gold, National EE
New A

Picked up car yesterday on the A side which is on the first floor now too (like B). Unfortunately it's a smaller exec. aisle and emerald aisle. So far anyway. We'll see how it all works out after the construction is finished. Saw a Honda Civic in the Exec. Aisle which I'd never seen b/f. Only other Honda I've ever seen is an Accord at MIA a couple years back. Anyway, took a Corolla from the Emerald Aisle to save gas. Could've taken the Civic too. Driving around the garage is a little crazy with cars coming and going from all directions.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 2:52 pm

Will be in Orlando in a few weeks. What are you seeing for Minivans and/or Large SUVs? Emerald Reserve is showing Dodge Caravans and Chevy Tahoes )or similar). Is this what you are seeing? Does National carry the base models or will they actual have some features to them with higher end models?
Old Feb 17, 2010, 3:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton and Wyndham Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Delta Plat, United Silver, Hertz PC
Yesterday on the "A" Exec had about half minivans, the rest an assortment of Malibus, Impalas, Sebrings, etc. I had "reserved" an Impala when I went to get my suitcase. Came back and a 2011 Kia Sorrento with 150 miles was next to my Malibu. I swapped it out. Funny, it is AWD, but only has one other option, floor mats. A base model, retails for 25K as the window sticker was in the car. Don't know what "IGAR" is, but that is the classification on the key.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 3:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP,MR PP,Hyatt Diam, SPG Plat,PC Plat, HH Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by FunWith4Kids
Will be in Orlando in a few weeks. What are you seeing for Minivans and/or Large SUVs? Emerald Reserve is showing Dodge Caravans and Chevy Tahoes )or similar). Is this what you are seeing? Does National carry the base models or will they actual have some features to them with higher end models?
Welcome to Flyertalk. Ime your name is an oxymoron.
Didn't check out the vans inside but I saw Sedonas and Caravans and I believe one Sienna. Was curious what was there but wasn't for me on this trip.
Old Feb 21, 2010, 3:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Bad selection last night on the B side: just Impalas, Malibus, Chargers and Sebrings.

This is the second Exec. Aisle experience in a row (the last one was in DEN) with no truly upgraded cars. Beginning to question whether its worth it.
Old Feb 21, 2010, 6:11 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA PP, Hyatt DM, Marriott SE, SPG Gold
The selection at B in MCO last night was indeed crap. I tried going over there because A side routinely takes about three hours to check out. I swear it's always something at that airport. Returning tonight they had two people directing people where to park their cars (thanks Einstein, those big arrows hadn't clued me in) but just one old dude actually checking people in and producing receipts. Other than MSY it's probably the worst-run National lot.
Old Feb 21, 2010, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by travelismylife
Welcome to Flyertalk. Ime your name is an oxymoron.
Didn't check out the vans inside but I saw Sedonas and Caravans and I believe one Sienna. Was curious what was there but wasn't for me on this trip.

Thanks for the info. No oxy...
Old Feb 24, 2010, 8:23 am

We travel a lot as a family and are very picky as to the rental car options - our own cars are treated nice and traded every two year, so I always hope that a rental car will be as nice as our own. I normally rent from Alamo however last year when travelling to Orlando I paid a higher price for a standard SUV and got a Saturn VUE - I considered it to be a 'small suv' I was upset and they would do nothing for me...even though I rent from Alamo twice a year! I decided to sign up for National (partner company I know) but I went for the Emerald Club hoping for some better service. I really liked the option of picking anything off the emerald aisle with a chance for a nice upgrade.

We are flying in around 830pm and spending the night at the airport, picking the car up in the morning - is there a better time that we should head over to the garage for a better selection? also it seems B side has a bigger selection of cars?

THANKS !
Old Feb 24, 2010, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
At ~4PM today, side A Premium was 100% Mercury Grand Marquis and Lincoln Town Car. Once again I self-downgraded to Exec Select, which offered a lot of variety - sedan, small SUV, medium crossovers, minivans - but nothing special.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.