Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at MCO

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2011, 12:59 pm

I will be in Orlando on Thursday, July 7th. What are my chances of the Emerald Aisle having a mini-van. Prices for a 10 day minivan were outrageous, so, I went with the EA booking for a fraction of the price. Anyone ever see these in Orlando MCO EA?
Old Jun 12, 2011, 3:06 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by damianinpa
I will be in Orlando on Thursday, July 7th. What are my chances of the Emerald Aisle having a mini-van. Prices for a 10 day minivan were outrageous, so, I went with the EA booking for a fraction of the price. Anyone ever see these in Orlando MCO EA?
Post #201 above indicates that there was one on May 2 (feel free to look back further in this thread). My advice would be to check both B & A sides since inventory could be different. And if you really need a mini-van (eg a regular fullsize, smaller SUV wouldn't work), make a separate reservation for a minivan and if you can't find one in Emerald Aisle, take one off the mini-van area - BUT make sure you call on your cellphone to cancel the reservation that you don't want (Emerald Aisle or Mini-Van) before going to the checkout booth or they will be confused.
Old Jun 12, 2011, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by damianinpa
I have seen very few lately. Plus it is a holday week with a high demand. If you can't make do with a full size I would reserve the mini van
Old Jun 21, 2011, 8:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, DL DM MM. National Exec... and my CC qualified for Plat. Status!
upgrade from minivan to full size van or suburban at MCO??

Anybody had any luck getting an upgrade from a minivan to full size van or a large SUV?

I have a reservation for a Minivan next week. I am an Executive member.

The price difference is not too bad, but the problem is that I am not paying cash. I booked a reservation using Delta Skymiles so it is already paid in advance.

Anybody seen any Suburbans lurking around or do you think I stand a chance of getting a full size van instead of a minivan?

Thanks in advance!
Old Jun 22, 2011, 10:26 pm

Very rarely do you see a Minivan in the Aisle or Executive Section. There is a big demand for these in MCO (Mickey Mouse and Families). I rent about 2-3 times a month at MCO and can't remember the last time I saw a Minivan in the Executive Section. Every once and awhile you see a large SUV like a Ford Expedition in the Executive Section.

Keep playing around with your rate. Tomorrow, I'm flying into MCO on my own nickel and paying for the rental car. First got a midsize rate for the Executive Section for $20/day. Then changed it for a Premium at $21/day and then a Luxury for $25/day. Grabbed the Luxury before I could blink. Tried it again and it went back to $73/day. Safe Travels!
Old Jul 17, 2011, 12:10 pm

I just got back from my Trip. Arrived ini the afternoon on Thursday, July 7th. I was in Parking Garage B at MCO. Had trouble finding the Emerald Aisle. Had to ask and they pointed me to it. Only saw one row of cars. Most cars were Chevy Impala's. Saw an older Grand Marquis or Crown Vic. A few midsize cars too. I got the Impala and it fit all of our luggage..trunk was huge. So, for me, next best thing to a mini-van. The Executive aisle had some dodge durango's. No Satellite radio in the Impala, but, an o.k. large car that was very cheap, so, can't complain.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 2:15 pm

Just got back from a rental at MCO. Picked up at A side (IIRC) at around 9:00am on Friday, and was able to get my hands on a 2012 Ford Fusion SE with 88 miles on the odometer that was sitting at the very front of the EA. The car had working Sirius but no Sync. The Aisle was full, and had Camry's, Impalas, and another pretty bland offering as I recall, the Fusion I took was the only one of it's kind on the aisle. I was very happy with the experience and service as a first time renter with the Emerald Club. I was in and out in around 10 minutes, with most of that time being me getting acclimated to the car's controls.

Return this morning went equally as smooth. I was very impressed with the level of service at this location, and feel that I got an exceptional value!
Old Aug 8, 2011, 7:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Coastercameron
Just got back from a rental at MCO. Picked up at A side (IIRC) at around 9:00am on Friday, and was able to get my hands on a 2012 Ford Fusion SE with 88 miles on the odometer that was sitting at the very front of the EA. The car had working Sirius but no Sync. The Aisle was full, and had Camry's, Impalas, and another pretty bland offering as I recall, the Fusion I took was the only one of it's kind on the aisle. I was very happy with the experience and service as a first time renter with the Emerald Club. I was in and out in around 10 minutes, with most of that time being me getting acclimated to the car's controls.

Return this morning went equally as smooth. I was very impressed with the level of service at this location, and feel that I got an exceptional value!
Welcome to the National Forum, Coastercameron! Great 1st post!
Old Aug 9, 2011, 9:39 am

Picked up Sunday around 2:30 B side

Neither EA or Executive had SUVs or Mini vans. Generally your standards... Camry,Sonata, Impala etc...

Executive had two G37s (well only one after I left ) There was also one Ford "boat" (Crown Vic?) and a Buick LaCrosse.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter
Picked up Sunday around 2:30 B side

Neither EA or Executive had SUVs or Mini vans. Generally your standards... Camry,Sonata, Impala etc...

Executive had two G37s (well only one after I left ) There was also one Ford "boat" (Crown Vic?) and a Buick LaCrosse.
my DH said the same thing when we saw it on the ExA 7/23i didn't even know they still made them. We saw lots of Chargers & Impalas (which is turning out to be our national car of choice this summer, at least it rides well & has big trunk). We wound up with a cherry red one with leather seats (note to self skip the leather seats in orlando summer weather).

We were there for a combo WDW trip & cruise, hoped to grab a mini van or any sort of SUV for our loads of luggage. Attendent said not to bother walking over to EmA to see if any might be there, as neither aisle had any, all reserved and that way most of the summer.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 10:12 am

I've got a 9-day National rental out of MCO in 2 weeks. Just hit exec in the first half of the year and got my card. Will provide a report and picture of what's there. It seems from this thread that the "A" side tends to have a bit more promise.. if I have time or there isn't anything really good on the A side, I plan to walk over to B - anyone know how long that takes?
Old Aug 12, 2011, 11:29 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
Originally Posted by strongman71
If I have time or there isn't anything really good on the A side, I plan to walk over to B - anyone know how long that takes?
No more than 7-10 minutes, depending on your pace.
From B-side National garage:
cross through ground transportation
go up two levels
proceed through the atrium (from far south end to far north end)
go down two levels
enter A-side garage to National area

It's not a trip I'd want to take while schlepping luggage or with kids in tow.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by plagwate
No more than 7-10 minutes, depending on your pace.
From B-side National garage:
go up two levels
proceed through the atrium (from far south end to far north end)
go down two levels
enter A-side garage to National area

It's not a trip I'd want to take while schlepping luggage or with kids in tow.
Thanks! I'm a very fast walker so this looks doable. Instructions saved to my blackberry. I plan to have my wife wait with the kids to collect luggage while I hunt down a good car/suv.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 1:14 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, National Emerald Club
Wow, had one of the better selections at the Emerald Aisle from Terminal A on Sunday night. Initially it looked like rows upon rows of Impalas and Malibus, but at the very far end was the jackpot. The three vehicles at the far end in Emerald Aisle were a Ford Escape, Volvo S40 T5 and Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4x4. I went with the Ram, as I'd really wanted to try one, but the Volvo would have been a close second. This was approximately 11:00 pm on Sunday night.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 2:09 am

Programs: na
the night of august 11 when i was returning my saab 9.3 in the ES i saw the most shocking vehicle.They had the 2012 AUDI A7 in a very shiny black color with brown leather interior in the aisle and it had the sticker as an executive car i was like wow!! why that car wasnt there when i came to get this saab? and the remote keys were inside the car and it was on the B side of the terminal in the very last section of the ES aisle so if you wanna find something good at MCO ES? u gonna have to walk to the last section because thats where they put all of their very nicest vehicles.

Last edited by agero2k5; Aug 25, 2011 at 10:13 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.