Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at MCO

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2011, 10:25 pm

Arrived today for my premium rental and they had on terminal a, just one car. A grand marquis ! Left to go to b then changed my mind. When I came back, their was a 300 just washed. An older model, I didn't want that either. A cream dts was in luxury besides premium but I didn't wanna risk it and have to do the reverse of shame. I asked the agent and she let me grab from es. I grabbed a 2012 impala with 2500 miles and working xm. Using Onstar to get around. Engine is sorta weird, a lot of hesitation at certain times.

Es:
Altimas
Chargers
Impalas
Dodge avengers

Last edited by PKCorey; Nov 4, 2011 at 10:36 pm
Old Nov 6, 2011, 1:18 am

Programs: na
hey you should of talked to a manager there they really customer oriented.next time if you dont see what you like in both sides talk to an agent or manager and they would of told you to get a premium car from alamo.or they may have something in the back that either they are washing and inspecting or new off the truck that they adding plates and registration.so next time dont hesitate ask an angent trust me they are really nice in that location.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 5:06 am

Originally Posted by agero2k5
hey you should of talked to a manager there they really customer oriented.next time if you dont see what you like in both sides talk to an agent or manager and they would of told you to get a premium car from alamo.or they may have something in the back that either they are washing and inspecting or new off the truck that they adding plates and registration.so next time dont hesitate ask an angent trust me they are really nice in that location.
I guess, I should have. It was busy fri afternoon and everyone disappeared after I came back.

No biggie, I was still able to get a new car even if it was a fcar and not premium. The xm and onstar made up for it. The 300 front overhang is uncomfy to me.

Ill check the lot when I go this morning and see what I missed.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by PKCorey
I guess, I should have. It was busy fri afternoon and everyone disappeared after I came back.

No biggie, I was still able to get a new car even if it was a fcar and not premium. The xm and onstar made up for it. The 300 front overhang is uncomfy to me.

Ill check the lot when I go this morning and see what I missed.
yeah and they just got some new cars.now they have 2012 vw passat as a fcar.and vw cc and also they got the eos hartop convertible.and there is rumors that 2012 camrys le with toyota entune are arriving.
Old Nov 13, 2011, 9:27 am

Programs: AC: E75K, Marriott :Titanium, National: EXEC ELITE
Terminal B side, 11:00AM Saturday November 5.

ES:

Bunch of Altimas
Few Impalas
Few 300's
Few Chargers
1 or 2 Sonatas
3 or 4 Suburbans
Ford Expedition
Grand Cherokee
Grand Marquis

and 1 GMC Terrain, which I took....
Old Nov 14, 2011, 4:35 pm

Programs: National Exec, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Sixt Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Wyndham Diamond, TR Diamond
Help at MCO

Hello all-

I've searched the forums and Google and can't find an answer. Something strange is happening for our upcoming trip to MCO. The cheapest available vehicle is the mid-size SUV, in fact a standard SUV as well as a Premium is cheaper than full or midsize. I'd like to pick off the aisle because we are hoping for a 7 seater.

We will be there Dec 11-16th.

My question is this: With a mid-size SUV rental will we be able to pick off the Executive Isle (yes I'm Exec.) since the reservation is for a vehicle larger than a full size? The reservation receipt says Emerald Reserve but from your experiences would there be a problem picking from aisle if there's nothing we want in mid-size SUV aisle?

Thanks!
Old Nov 14, 2011, 7:08 pm
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
No. You'll be able to select from the mid-size SUV Emerald Reserve, not the aisle/ES.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by dwbf11
No. You'll be able to select from the mid-size SUV Emerald Reserve, not the aisle/ES.
well nobody is renting and type of SUV's i,ve seen 7 passengers dodge journeys,mazda cx9 and ford explorers and caravans in the emerald reserve aisles lately cuz nobody is spending money on gas this year.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 6:17 pm
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
well nobody is renting and type of SUV's i,ve seen 7 passengers dodge journeys,mazda cx9 and ford explorers and caravans in the emerald reserve aisles lately cuz nobody is spending money on gas this year.
Come again?
Old Nov 15, 2011, 7:55 pm

Programs: Independent
He means that people are much more conscious about fuel efficiency these days, and the SUVs are a harder sell.

Which in this case means that even the Emerald Aisle will probably have a least a few SUVs in it.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 7:36 am

MCO Side A or B?

In Orlando, there are two National rental locations - the side A garage and the side B garage. Most people head to the location that is on teh side their luggage comes out of, but there is no reason you cannot cross over to the other side.

Not looking for a list of cars you see on each side, in generall what is the better side? Do you find one side has a better selection in teh Emerald Ailse than the other, or are they pretty much equal?
Old Nov 19, 2011, 3:27 pm

Programs: National Exec, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Sixt Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Wyndham Diamond, TR Diamond
Thanks, I used the Amex code and it brought the rates way down and affordable for a full-size so I can pick from the aisle. I did book a Luxury too just in case there is something that catches my eye since it is cheaper than a full size under the normal rates as an executive. We're going to need two rentals, something large and something swanky. Will let you know how it goes Dec 11th.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 6:46 pm

Really? We are talking about the MCO airport here? (I have never seen much evidence that they care about customers... they work on "churn" LOL!)

Their "premium selection" just is bad IMHO won't bother to reserve one again. (They did send me to Alamo where they "hid" the better cars because the "ES people were self upgrading")
Old Nov 22, 2011, 7:19 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
I disagree... I don't think you would have a problem picking from the EA with any category reservation.

BTW, the rates in MCO for an upcoming trip are the lowest I've seen in a long time... ANYwhere. With the $35 off/week coupon code, the rate I got through the website with my standard default EC Contract ID was $51/week for Full Size! $91.44/AI. I hope the selection is as good as the last couple trips. I was there in mid-October and they had a slew of brand new convertibles in the ES (Chrysler 200's). ^
Old Nov 23, 2011, 7:51 am

Keep in mind that MCO has so much car turnover that they cant keep up. I have had a chance to talk once with one of the attendants there - they try to keep cars to certain classes, but they sometimes get stuck where one class will just empty out and they have to put whatever kind of car they get in the row. Likewise, towards the middle evening, most fo teh cars are returned and they struggle to find empty spaces just to park them. I find that waiting ten minutes may very well completely change your vehicle selection.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.