Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at MCO

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2012, 6:57 pm

Programs: DL GE
Originally Posted by FunWith4Kids
Coming in Wed evening around 7. What's been on exec select recently? Is eiter A or B better for exec?
I'll be there before you, I'll try to report back Tuesday...
Old Aug 27, 2012, 8:41 pm

Wow! Hard to give an inventory on both lanes, they have a mix of everything.. On the 'B' side... Jeep SUV, minivans, 300, avalons, a passat, impalas, malibu's, s40 in VIP etc...

Luxury consisted of two spaces, both a black 300 (not c).... I asked if they had something else got a BMW 328i which in hindsight, I would had been happier with one of the 300s.. Last time I deviate!

No bluetooth audio (a separate package then BT phone apparently) and no XM, so basically, no audio as I haven't packed an AUX cable or thumb-drive in a year...

Live and learn...
Old Sep 6, 2012, 8:03 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
B Side - Thursday, September 6, 2012 10:00 am

Stocked and varied but pretty uninspiring

ES:
Impala
Edge
Quest
Expedition
Equinox
Charger
Taurus
Avalon
Traverse
Enclave

EA:
Town and Country
Altima
Impala
Patriot
Caravan
Escape
Malibu
Sedona
Santa Fe
Sorrento

Last edited by plagwate; Sep 6, 2012 at 2:43 pm
Old Sep 8, 2012, 1:27 am

Mco car hire

Im for England uk and this is first time hiring in us and hiring from orlando international airport. Iv been researching a lot and was very interested in the Chevrolet Tahoe but also the dodge Durango caught my eye. Can any body help suggest which is best to go for? Or if there are any other large suv available to hire which are better. There are 4 passengers and 4 suit cases ideally wanted navigation. Any help or suggestion would help thanks.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 12:38 am

Haven't driven the Durango, but I would assume the Tahoe, Escalade or an Expedition would feel bigger then a Durango.

The Suburban and Excursion are even bigger then those mentioned above. Usually a staple in places like Montana though, maybe not so much MCO

While it might be tight depending on the size of your luggage, an Enclave is a very nice "ride" as it drives more like a car then a large SUV. They usually have three rows of seats and putting down the third row would generate a good amount of space I would think.

I would stay away from the Edge and Explorer as they might not have enough storage space unless obscuring your view out the back window isn't a problem for you.

Navigation is usually an add-on garmin or some type of plug in and stick to the windshield device.

I am sure others may have better ideas, but please do report back what you end up with and what you thought of it.

Hope you enjoy your time in MCO!
Old Sep 11, 2012, 4:28 am

Convertible at MCO

Having a convertible reservation is there any chance to get something else than 200? Arrival time is Saturday midnight.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 10:39 am

Probably not a great chance. But I have gotten a Mustang there (personally, I would take the 200)
Old Oct 3, 2012, 2:16 pm

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Heading to MCO end of the month. Would appreciate update on the LCAR inventory. Thanks!
Old Oct 3, 2012, 2:57 pm

Programs: I fly for free.
The Suburban and Excursion are even bigger then those mentioned above. Usually a staple in places like Montana though, maybe not so much MCO
Excursion? They havent made that in years.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by PA42
Excursion? They havent made that in years.
Not since 2005, actually. Its replacement, the Expedition EL, is something I have never seen in the National fleet (not that I look for mega-SUVs). It would be tremendous overkill for four people and four cases.

A Premium Crossover (3 rows of seating; fold the last and your cases have all the room in the world) or Luxury SUV should be fine but neither may have factory nav. A quick visit to any Best Buy or Wal-Mart secures a $120 Garmin.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 7:35 pm
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
There are Expedition EL's in the fleet but they are pretty rare.

The Suburbans/Tahoes (and other GM products), if new enough, will have OnStar still activated. Not factory nav per se, but turn by turn directions all the same.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by mediator
Heading to MCO end of the month. Would appreciate update on the LCAR inventory. Thanks!
Last Thursday at around 1 pm all they has on either A orB were 300s. Which was better then the premium I reserved. Both sides had NOTHING. But amazingly Alamo had lots of premiums they would not give me. (thanks for reminding me I need to complain about the service there on Thursday)
Old Oct 3, 2012, 10:54 pm

300's are premiums, not luxury in National's system. I think Hertz may call them luxury.
Old Oct 4, 2012, 6:06 am

Programs: Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Coastercameron
300's are premiums, not luxury in National's system. I think Hertz may call them luxury.
300's are indeed luxury as far as Hertz is concerned, and Premium for National. After renting a 300 I would agree with National on this one.
Old Oct 4, 2012, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by Coastercameron
They were in the Luxury spaces and on Side A I was offered one as an upgrade from premium. So MCO seems to think they are luxury

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.