MilesBuzz: Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 13, 2013, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry305
CANADIAN REFERENCE ON FLYERTALK
Canadian Credit Card Master List - Curated for Best Offer A complete listing of all the major credit cards in Canada along with their sign-up bonus, annual fee, CPM, and other pertinent information.

AMEX recent discussion American Express Canada application and reward strategies (2018)Which credit card should I get?Cards with good bonusesList of Credit Cards with Great Welcome bonuses (RFD version)
BLOGS
Canadian KilometersPointsNerdRewards CanadaDon't Call the Airline!PointshoggerCanadian Travel Hacking
CONFERENCE
PointsU conference (2018 & 2019 website)
Print Wikipost

MilesBuzz: Canada

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2014, 9:05 pm

Programs: *void
Originally Posted by Preacher7
If you're gonna sound the alarm over any sort of miles, do it over AS ones. They are the most valuable in the business!
...says the man who just stepped off the EY-380 Shower Plane, courtesy of yet another F-redemption via AS points!
Old Nov 26, 2014, 9:07 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by JJonahJ
...says the man who just stepped off the EY-380 Shower Plane, courtesy of yet another F-redemption via AS points!
Mmmmmm.... best AS mile value indeed.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 9:13 pm

Programs: *void
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Mmmmmm.... best AS mile value indeed.
Awww, man! Not YOU too? Nim, was it you who used up all the HOT water?
Old Nov 27, 2014, 5:45 am

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
You gotta fly with us sometime, JJJ! We'll invite George Clooney along too, just like last time!
Old Nov 27, 2014, 6:57 am

You gotta fly with us sometime, JJJ! We'll invite George Clooney along too, just like last time!
Haha. Don't forget to put the amenity kits on eBay. I was shocked to find out people pay very good money for this stuff
Old Nov 27, 2014, 7:08 am

Programs: Enough
Haha. Don't forget to put the amenity kits on eBay. I was shocked to find out people pay very good money for this stuff
I just sold a couple LH F Rimowa kits for 120$ a piece! Some people have too much money...
Old Nov 27, 2014, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by durberville
I just sold a couple LH F Rimowa kits for 120$ a piece! Some people have too much money...
Wow, indeed, people always surprise people

I think EVA Rimowa kits go around for $40-$50 on eBay

We could use the proceeds to offset the YQ
Old Nov 27, 2014, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by jerryhung
Wow, indeed, people always surprise people

I think EVA Rimowa kits go around for $40-$50 on eBay

We could use the proceeds to offset the YQ
Yeah ... some people try to grab extra ones just precisely for that reason. I think it's a bit lacking in class to be honest (taking extras to resell, not reselling in general, though I think BUYING is extremely lame), but hey, everyone has their thing.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 11:17 am

Since we are getting close to the end of November, I decided to contact GCR on the status of MBNA reporting for the AS card. Here is there response:

"Unfortunately, they won’t tell us until the day before. If they give us a date and we announce it then they are late it will not look good. The thing with software is there are always delays. Originally they told us November and they have not updated a date."
Old Nov 27, 2014, 12:11 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
Yeah ... some people try to grab extra ones just precisely for that reason. I think it's a bit lacking in class to be honest (taking extras to resell, not reselling in general, though I think BUYING is extremely lame), but hey, everyone has their thing.
I do like them as souvenirs of trips but I would never pay for one otherwise... I wonder if the people who buy them actually use the little toothpastes and lip balms that come in them?
Old Nov 27, 2014, 12:23 pm

As I'm leaving a plane, I grab whatever I see left on seats. It's extremely petty and kinda gross, but I don't care, I'm cheap and need $$!
Old Nov 27, 2014, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by durberville
As I'm leaving a plane, I grab whatever I see left on seats. It's extremely petty and kinda gross, but I don't care, I'm cheap and need $$!
I think you have reached new levels of travel hacking haha. I got the perfect title for your next blog post: "How to pay for your next flight while exiting your current business class flight"
Old Nov 27, 2014, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by heraclitus
I do like them as souvenirs of trips but I would never pay for one otherwise... I wonder if the people who buy them actually use the little toothpastes and lip balms that come in them?
+1, I try to collect everything that I can, although since we usually travel 3 at a time, at some point it gets silly. I was surprised to see what LH F pyjamas are worth, same for EK F stuff. I tend to use toothpaste from them on flights, as well as various random trinkets (socks and the like), but now that I have discovered how vain people are, I might just keep some of our next ones unopened. TG F and NH F, here we go :P
Old Nov 27, 2014, 3:29 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
I like the Emirates amenity kits best of any. They are real leather and have Bulgari stuff!
Old Nov 27, 2014, 5:48 pm

I like the Emirates amenity kits best of any. They are real leather and have Bulgari stuff!
Definitely cheap plastic crap - my F EK kit died quickly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.