MilesBuzz: Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 13, 2013, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry305
CANADIAN REFERENCE ON FLYERTALK
Canadian Credit Card Master List - Curated for Best Offer A complete listing of all the major credit cards in Canada along with their sign-up bonus, annual fee, CPM, and other pertinent information.

AMEX recent discussion American Express Canada application and reward strategies (2018)Which credit card should I get?Cards with good bonusesList of Credit Cards with Great Welcome bonuses (RFD version)
BLOGS
Canadian KilometersPointsNerdRewards CanadaDon't Call the Airline!PointshoggerCanadian Travel Hacking
CONFERENCE
PointsU conference (2018 & 2019 website)
Print Wikipost

MilesBuzz: Canada

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2015, 11:50 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Bonvoy, Alaska, Avios
I couldn't find online. What is the max $ withdraw per day?
Old Jun 5, 2015, 12:21 pm

Cash advance limit on Chase Canada is 20% of your credit limit, but I think it needs to post before you get your cash advance limit back
Old Jun 5, 2015, 2:34 pm

Programs: CX, AF, UA
Originally Posted by mikeycanuk
I couldn't find online. What is the max $ withdraw per day?
would love to know, especially with regards to uploading with cash prior to travel.
Old Jun 7, 2015, 1:28 am

Programs: Aeroplan 50K, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I just received my CIBC Aerogold Visa for Business today. Did anyone else receive theirs? Does anyone know when the bonus AP miles will post?
Old Jun 7, 2015, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by loun80
I just received my CIBC Aerogold Visa for Business today. Did anyone else receive theirs? Does anyone know when the bonus AP miles will post?
Did you ask on RFD also?

I got mine, made 1st purchase and put away
will wait for my 1st statement from CIBC to show the points on it, then transfer to Aeroplan a few days later.

Same process as TD Aeroplan, AMEX Aeroplan, or all 3rd party Aeroplan in general
Old Jun 7, 2015, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by jerryhung
Did you ask on RFD also?

I got mine, made 1st purchase and put away
will wait for my 1st statement from CIBC to show the points on it, then transfer to Aeroplan a few days later.

Same process as TD Aeroplan, AMEX Aeroplan, or all 3rd party Aeroplan in general
I didn't ask on RFD. I am not active on RFD.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by yerffej201
Isn't that the same thing a few posts above?
If this is for a non-business CIBC Aerogold card then may be a new offer.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 8:44 am

The MBNA World Elite Mastercard linked above is FYF again.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 4:59 pm

Programs: whatever gets me where i want
Originally Posted by Vasco
The MBNA World Elite Mastercard linked above is FYF again.
Any idea on how much those 10,000 welcome points are worth? They don't seem to provide information on their website that lets me evaluate their value.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by bmabnorth
Any idea on how much those 10,000 welcome points are worth? They don't seem to provide information on their website that lets me evaluate their value.
I had a chat session about this yesterday, the rep said 100 points is $1, turning this effectively in a 2% cash back equivalent card with a $100 sign up bonus equivalent.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 8:43 am

My wife got her CIBC Aerobiz approved. I only canceled mine in March, will have to wait.

When are they going to do FYF for the personal Aerogolds? Ours have been cancelled for a while, waiting and ready for a new card app!!!
Old Jun 9, 2015, 9:14 am

For those interested in the recently launched BMO CashBack World Elite Mastercard, mine had been declined (second card in the app-o-rama, first decline, others approved after that one). I called today to find out why and what the criteria are.

Apart from the income requirement (which is OK in my case) for this card they want to see 6 months without any credit inquiries or changes (new lines appearing) to the file.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by winebug
For those interested in the recently launched BMO CashBack World Elite Mastercard, mine had been declined (second card in the app-o-rama, first decline, others approved after that one). I called today to find out why and what the criteria are.

Apart from the income requirement (which is OK in my case) for this card they want to see 6 months without any credit inquiries or changes (new lines appearing) to the file.
Wow...very, very interesting. I almost wonder if that's why my TD app was declined a few months ago, despite my high credit rating (the adjudicator apparently declined it for a 'high debt ratio' - which was total BS).

I have been suspecting that some banks/cards will start to get stingy and strict with churners - and this criteria appears to be targeted at churners!
Old Jun 9, 2015, 1:46 pm

My TD biz card application was (I was told) delayed due to having too many card cancellations/applications. The biz manager told them it was due to fraud and all cards got approved. Not that my 20+ years with them means anything.... TD is such a PAIN.

My wife got her 2 Amex cards cancelled via email so she's happy as they always gave her a hard time (unlike me). Now that's service!
Old Jun 10, 2015, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
Anyone have experience attempting to or transferring RBC avion points to a different RBC avion cardholder (Person X -> Person Y, where X and Y are not in the same household?)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.