MilesBuzz: Canada

Old May 13, 2013, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry305
Print Wikipost

MilesBuzz: Canada

Old Dec 10, 2014, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by hktramz
I was referred for my Amex business gold and have just fulfilled the $5000 spending requirement within 3 months. I am quite happy to see 30,000 points bonus posted in my account right after I spent over $5000. Anyone knows when they will post the remaining 10,000 points bonus (30k non referral vs 40k via referral) ? Maybe I am too early to worry about it..
Some thing happened to me. Just call and let them know 10k are missing and they will "file a report" - the next morning the points showed up.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by zer0k1
Some thing happened to me. Just call and let them know 10k are missing and they will "file a report" - the next morning the points showed up.
pretty much the same thing happened to me. I think they are just a little slow and if you call they will make you a priority case.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 11:53 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Alaska, Marriott
i've emailed twice and they just keep spewing the "ideal case is 8-10 weeks to award the points". even tho in the past, i've always received the points right away.

i actually got 10K but did not get the other 50K from a Platinum
Old Dec 12, 2014, 10:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Cerenity
they just keep spewing the "ideal case is 8-10 weeks to award the points". even tho in the past, i've always received the points right away.
Past performance is no guarantee of future returns.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 9:36 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Alaska, Marriott
Finally got the points after emailing then twice. Woohoo
Old Dec 13, 2014, 12:28 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Both my Business and Personal Gold cards just passed the spend threshold and nothing showed. Emailing them got the annoying 8-10 weeks speech.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 9:23 am

I sure hope Amex Canada is announcing soon - 40% Avios bonus for US Amex now on:

http://saverocity.com/miles4more/ame...er-bonus-back/
Old Dec 15, 2014, 11:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold..Flying around the world
Crossing fingers! It has been nearly a year now since the last one!
Old Dec 16, 2014, 4:06 pm

Didn't see anyone posting this, but looks like RateSupermarket.ca is offering a $50 gift card (Amazon.ca, Starbucks, Future Shop, The Ultimate Dining Card) upon approval of these Capital One Aspire Credit Cards:
  • Aspire Travel World MasterCard
  • Aspire Travel Platinum MasterCard
  • Aspire Cash Platinum MasterCard
Old Dec 17, 2014, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by Cerenity
i've emailed twice and they just keep spewing the "ideal case is 8-10 weeks to award the points". even tho in the past, i've always received the points right away.

i actually got 10K but did not get the other 50K from a Platinum
I emailed them about the same thing and got the standard 8-10 weeks as well. Tired of their game, I emailed back asking them why is it a referral bonus posted the next day. I then let them know that I am losing confidence in them providing a competitive product (I mentioned dropping Cathay Gold with the Plat card, no Avios transfer bonus, very few 1:1 airline transfer partners) and then waiting so long to get the signup bonus although they got $5000 in transactions in two months.

Their response was it is a technical glitch that is preventing faster posting of points. Give me a break. That "glitch" hasn't been fixed in the past two years?

I've already made the decision that Amex churns are just for signup bonuses. I always used my Gold for the double points travel feature but moved that spend to Capital One Aspire.

I like the variety of cards Amex offers but there are so many more options in the marketplace now.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 8:19 am

I also got the additional 10K (only 30K posted after 5K spending) the same day I sent a message through their Secure Messaging system
Old Dec 17, 2014, 9:24 am

Got the 8-10 weeks reply as well.

I don't see what the big deal is though. Would I prefer to get my points sooner? Of course. But I saw this card as "gravy" after they had previously made the Biz Gold card off unattractive (i.e. raise annual fee, no FYF).

If I have any beef with Amex, it's the SPG card. It's totally lame @ 10k points bonus and no FYF.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 10:37 am

Programs: *void
Originally Posted by grandgourmand
Got the 8-10 weeks reply as well.

I don't see what the big deal is though. Would I prefer to get my points sooner? Of course. But I saw this card as "gravy" after they had previously made the Biz Gold card off unattractive (i.e. raise annual fee, no FYF).

If I have any beef with Amex, it's the SPG card. It's totally lame @ 10k points bonus and no FYF.
+1 ^^

Exactly! What's all the fuss about NOT getting the points right away? I don't like it either, but in the past few years I've rarely read of anyone NOT getting their points, eventually, and I'm sure we would have seen more people complaining if that were the case. Even if it takes 3 months to get the points (as was the case with my wife's Aeroplan Plus Gold card), Amex eventually came through AND tossed in some 'forgiveness' points as well!

Anyway, why is there so much discussion of the Amex issues here, and not at the Churning Amex thread?? I've just posted my recent 'missing points' story there.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 3:12 pm

RE: Anyway, why is there so much discussion of the Amex issues here, and not at the Churning Amex thread?? I've just posted my recent 'missing points' story there.

Perhaps you could outline all the acceptable topics you want posted in MilesBuzz: Canada - much appreciated.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 8:10 pm

Programs: *void
Originally Posted by tommy99
RE: Anyway, why is there so much discussion of the Amex issues here, and not at the Churning Amex thread?? I've just posted my recent 'missing points' story there.

Perhaps you could outline all the acceptable topics you want posted in MilesBuzz: Canada - much appreciated.
Post whatever you want, if you feel it's relevant. It's not up to me, I'm not a moderator. If they weren't so busy already as it is, they might have already clipped some of these posts and moved them there anyway, as they've done in the past.

My suggestion was that since there is a MORE RELEVANT thread that discusses the Amex cards, you may find it more useful to share your information there. That's what the FT community is for...sharing information. Most people wouldn't even KNOW to come to this thread to find info on the Canadian Amex cards, as they would go to the Amex forum to browse for discussions.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.