MilesBuzz: Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 13, 2013, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry305
CANADIAN REFERENCE ON FLYERTALK
Canadian Credit Card Master List - Curated for Best Offer A complete listing of all the major credit cards in Canada along with their sign-up bonus, annual fee, CPM, and other pertinent information.

AMEX recent discussion American Express Canada application and reward strategies (2018)Which credit card should I get?Cards with good bonusesList of Credit Cards with Great Welcome bonuses (RFD version)
BLOGS
Canadian KilometersPointsNerdRewards CanadaDon't Call the Airline!PointshoggerCanadian Travel Hacking
CONFERENCE
PointsU conference (2018 & 2019 website)
Print Wikipost

MilesBuzz: Canada

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2014, 3:49 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Alaska Airlines
Originally Posted by bjywong
Someone posted in the AS Canadian MasterCard thread, that he applied for two cards and did not receive the 25k bonus on the second card. Anyone else been seeing this as of late? I thought every new application counts as a new account and therefore you are eligible for the 25k bonus again.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...ercard-35.html
The statement for my 2nd Alaska Airlines card came out earlier this week and I did get the bonus points. Still no GCR rebate though, hopefully they get that together soon.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 7:29 am

[QUOTE=JJonahJ;23911928]Added the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite to the Wiki. $50 GCR rebate, FYF, 15K +10K after $1K spending, 1 Maple Leaf Lounge Pass to use with Aeroplan redemption bookings, 2-for-1 Aeroplan shorthaul voucher on AC flights. Till Dec 19th.

Maybe I just missed it, but I was not able to see where there was a 2 for 1 flight promo with the card. I missed the last one and have been waiting for this to return. Where does it state the 2 for 1 has returned? Thanks
Old Nov 30, 2014, 12:06 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
[QUOTE=tryinginvain;23915779]The statement for my 2nd Alaska Airlines card came out earlier this week and I did get the bonus points. Still no GCR rebate though, hopefully they get that together soon.[/QUOT

The missing GCR rebate is a concern for my son too. He applied for the AS card on Sept. 15. Because of the late September problems, his card wasn't approved till Oct. 15. He got the 25K mile bonus, no problem, but no $60 GCR rebate. And now there is no recourse: Since MBNA isn't on the GCR list, online there is no option of filing a complaint.

Question: Who else is experiencing this? What can he do now with GCR to get his rebate?
Old Nov 30, 2014, 2:50 pm

Programs: *void
Originally Posted by Preacher7
The missing GCR rebate is a concern for my son too. He applied for the AS card on Sept. 15. Because of the late September problems, his card wasn't approved till Oct. 15. He got the 25K mile bonus, no problem, but no $60 GCR rebate. And now there is no recourse: Since MBNA isn't on the GCR list, online there is no option of filing a complaint.

Question: Who else is experiencing this? What can he do now with GCR to get his rebate?
Preacher, everyone who applied through GCR in mid-Sept and missed the cutoff for new applications is affected. There is nothing that can be done right now. People have already reached out to GCR, including my wife, and have been given similar information. She contacted GCR with a secured message, the response was:
"Mrs. JJJ, your application is in the reports but not the approval. We have not received an approval report since mid-September. MBNA will resume reporting once they re-start their affiliate program. They said November but they would not give us an exact date. Hopefully there are not any further delays."
So, they cannot give any of us the $50 GCR rebate until MBNA starts to report back to GCR with the list of approved cards (i.e., those that have the GCR signup code attached to the application).

What you CAN do right now is be proactive and contact MBNA and verify with them that they see your son's card application has an attached code/note that indicates that it was applied for through GCR. If all is good, then thereafter, just patiently wait for the good times to roll in. And, hopefully the WILL roll in.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 3:34 pm

Programs: *void
Originally Posted by stoddaj1
Maybe I just missed it, but I was not able to see where there was a 2 for 1 flight promo with the card. I missed the last one and have been waiting for this to return. Where does it state the 2 for 1 has returned? Thanks
No, you didn't miss it. I don't see the 2-for-1 as a listed welcome bonus either, but I saw people at RFD posting in the related thread that they got it. Maybe they're referring to the promo from earlier this year though.

But, to be honest, few people find good value with that 2-for-1 voucher. It's for a short haul redemption, and it MUST be on AC metal, and though you only redeem 15,000 for the two tickets instead of 30,000, you still have to pay the scamcharges on BOTH tickets, so about $150 each. If they had relaxed it to allow it to apply for say UA award bookings, then it'd be more palatable to swallow.

As for the MLL pass, though it's not listed at the GCR/TD promo pages as a welcome benefit, it is a standard benefit that you receive for the card when you sign up, and upon renewal.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 10:28 pm

BMO World Elite Mastercard promo with Grand Cru Wine Festival

The annual fee is waived for 3 years - $450 value

$400 travel credit after your first purchase

And you get an annual Priority Pass membership with 4 lounge passes.

Seems like a decent deal for the casual traveler. I don't see any T&Cs requiring any sort of membership with Grand Cru.

http://www.bmo.com/credit-cards/bmo-...8345-EY014GGWE
Old Dec 5, 2014, 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by bjywong
BMO World Elite Mastercard promo with Grand Cru Wine Festival

The annual fee is waived for 3 years - $450 value

$400 travel credit after your first purchase

And you get an annual Priority Pass membership with 4 lounge passes.

Seems like a decent deal for the casual traveler. I don't see any T&Cs requiring any sort of membership with Grand Cru.

http://www.bmo.com/credit-cards/bmo-...8345-EY014GGWE
When I went to apply it notified me of the $150 AF
Old Dec 5, 2014, 11:54 pm

Milesbuzz: Canada

I'm already an owner of this card...

"ALREADY A BMO® World Elite™ MasterCard® MEMBER?

Do not worry if you already have a BMO® World Elite™ MasterCard® just call the BMO Ambassador and you will be counted as a BMO/Grand Cru Supporter. You will receive your premium benefits, so will Grand Cru and research at UHN!"

Anyone know what "the BMO Ambassador" is?
Old Dec 6, 2014, 1:16 am

I'm existing owner too (and will be "former" owner in a month)
T&C at bottom

BMO is lame vs. AMEX giving recurring welcome bonuses
i.e. no current cardholder will EVER get any promo again probably

1 Applications must be received between March 19, 2014 and March 19, 2017. Full annual fee applies ($150) after the third year. Annual fees and all other applicable fees are subject to change.

2 BMO Rewards points that are awarded as a welcome bonus are only available to first time new BMO World Elite MasterCard cardholders and will not be awarded to current or former BMO World Elite MasterCard/BMO Rewards World Elite MasterCard cardholders who reinstate a closed account or subsequently open a new account.

If a cardholder cancels their BMO World Elite MasterCard within 30 days of opening the account and the annual fee is refunded to the cardholder, the welcome bonus will also be cancelled. The BMO Rewards points which are awarded as a welcome bonus will be reflected on the first statement following the cardholder's first purchase on the BMO World Elite MasterCard.
3 BMO Rewards Program redemptions are subject to fees and charges. Please see the fees, charges and pricing policy for details.
Old Dec 6, 2014, 11:07 am

I can only provide an anecdotal report that my friend in Vancouver successfully got this card with the benefits. I guess you could also donate to Grand Cru (a dollar for example) to be considered a supporter.

You can check out the RFD forums if you want to see the discussion there.
Old Dec 6, 2014, 5:12 pm

Programs: Presto
BMO World Elite Mastercard

"Sign up today and tell your friends and family"

…4th line from the bottom: http://www.tgwhf.ca/sites/grandcru/bmo/
Old Dec 6, 2014, 7:53 pm

Now the BMO offer is publicly advertised everywhere - RFD, SmartCanucks, BoardingArea, etc.... when it's a very YMMV/targeted (?) offer

It'll be fun to see how this unfolds... $400 credit + 3 years free is probably the biggest offer we have seen in recent years (if one excludes AMEX's 25K value calculation as it could value from $250 to $500+)
Old Dec 7, 2014, 4:31 am

I too tried to complete the online application and it indicated the $150 fee. Suggestions?
Old Dec 7, 2014, 6:37 am

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
I need to get both an Amex and a visa/mc no AF card. Not FYF, as I need these to be keepers. At this point, it looks like the best sign up bonus on cards like these are:
1. MBNA Best Western, 20 K points.
2. Amex Air Miles, 500 AM.
Am I missing any cards in this mix, if I'm only talking sign up bonus?
Old Dec 7, 2014, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by Preacher7
I need to get both an Amex and a visa/mc no AF card. Not FYF, as I need these to be keepers. At this point, it looks like the best sign up bonus on cards like these are:
1. MBNA Best Western, 20 K points.
2. Amex Air Miles, 500 AM.
Am I missing any cards in this mix, if I'm only talking sign up bonus?
I think AMEX Air Miles card is 1600 AM via referral (look in the Referral AMEX thread). Public offer is 1000 AM, not 500 though

As for VISA, what do you already have? and not have?
TD Aeroplan VISA is obviously better with 25K Aeroplan, FYF
or maybe SCOTIA VISA with $75 Amazon cashback?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.