Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

[Targeted]No Fee 1st yr. American Express Gold Card 75,000 Bonus Reward Points Signup

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Targeted]No Fee 1st yr. American Express Gold Card 75,000 Bonus Reward Points Signup

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2011, 8:30 am

Programs: Alaska & Hyatt
Got the card yesterday called CS and the lady already knew what deal i wanted ^
Old Jun 26, 2011, 6:56 pm

75k for me after a few too many phone calls. woot!
Old Jun 26, 2011, 7:13 pm

I just got my card yesterday and activated it. I did send SM before the card arrived to get the 75K bonus points. I learned from the thread that the 50% bonus BA transfer expires on July 31. I plan to spend $1000 by July 1. How long does the point post after the closing date? Do I still get a chance to get the MR points before 7/31? Thanks.
Old Jun 26, 2011, 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by frugaltravel
I just got my card yesterday and activated it. I did send SM before the card arrived to get the 75K bonus points. I learned from the thread that the 50% bonus BA transfer expires on July 31. I plan to spend $1000 by July 1. How long does the point post after the closing date? Do I still get a chance to get the MR points before 7/31? Thanks.
Which link did you use to send the secure email. I don't have the card yet but have the instant approval. My emails have been turn down so far b/c they said nothing they can do until I receive and activate the card.

Thanks
Old Jun 26, 2011, 7:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
I just got this invitation in the mail yesteerday for the Business Gold Rewards Card. I previously had the Personal Gold Rewards Card. Will I still be eligible for the bonus?
Old Jun 26, 2011, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by sharka
Which link did you use to send the secure email. I don't have the card yet but have the instant approval. My emails have been turn down so far b/c they said nothing they can do until I receive and activate the card.

Thanks
I sent SM using one of my Amex CC accounts. I also sent another SM after I activated the card thru the Gold Card acct. Both promised me the additional bonus points. The only thing though, when I called to activate the card, the CS told me that she couldn't find the code (5894) and asked me to call her back in 7 days. But I wouldn't as I already got the answers thru SM.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 12:55 am

Programs: United 2P, AA Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by frugaltravel
I was told when I messaged an agent upon reaching the $500 spending goal that I would see the 60,000 MR points (I had originally applied for the 15,000 MR points after $1K spend) that she manually added in 'pending' status to my account 7-10 business days after my next statement closes. The 15,000 MR points from my original offer would post automatically 6-8 weeks after I completed the $1K spend (which I also did).

Since I couldn't wait that long for either set of points to post (since I, too, want to take advantage of the BA 50% transfer bonus), I sent a separate secure message requesting the points be expedited into my account, and they were able to issue all 75,000 MR points immediately a day later. ^
Old Jun 27, 2011, 3:07 am

Programs: All of em...
I applied late Wednesday night for the 25,000 after $1,000 spend offer and got the application pending. Called them Thursday and spoke with a representative and she was able to approve my application (even being at like...12 hard inquiries now and 8 new credit cards in last 3 months)!

I already have 3 AMEX cards (1 Delta, 2 Jetblue), so I sent a SM to Membership Rewards points noting the last 5 digits of the card and reference # in my approval email and the offer code for the 75k points. They said the same thing that most of you got - the 25k would post 6-8 weeks after $1k spend, and to message back for the 50k points.

FANTASTIC CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! Very nice agent, and I love this company!
Old Jun 27, 2011, 8:46 am

got the card
called and had the promo added after about 10-15 mins on hold on the phone while she checked with her supervisor...
another 75k!
Old Jun 27, 2011, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by rgm18
got the card
called and had the promo added after about 10-15 mins on hold on the phone while she checked with her supervisor...
another 75k!
Congrats! I'm glad to see they're still matching.

I'm still super excited about my 75K points because this is probably my biggest credit card success story yet since the offer wasn't originally targeted to me so it was a bit of a risk to take (see those who applied to the Chase Sapphire Preferred and got shot down for the extra 50K to match the targeted 100K offer)...
Old Jun 27, 2011, 2:32 pm

Smile

Another success story here! I applied for the card on 6/17 and received instant approval. Received the card in the mail on 6/25, activated it on 6/26 and then immediately sent the following via secure message:

Hi, I just activated my new Amex Gold Card this evening. I'm new to Amex and it seems there were several different offers going around when I submitted my application. I think I applied under the offer for 15,000 membership rewards points after $1,000 in purchases in the first three months. Would you be able to add offer # 5894 (75,000 membership rewards points after $500 in purchases in the first three months) to my account instead as a one-time courtesy for a new Amex cardholder? It would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

I just received a message back saying they would link offer 5894 to my account and to write back after I meet the $1,000 spend requirement and they will promptly issue the 60,000 balance points.

I'm so glad I found this website and forum! Thanks everyone!
Old Jun 27, 2011, 2:37 pm

Programs: UA Silver
told NO extra 25k via SM

By asking via secure message, I was told no. See below. Perhaps I should start calling. I did the 10k spend in 4mo for 50k points. I got the card in April and did the spend and got the bonus miles. Sent a SM on 6/23 and here is the response below:

Response (Jitendra Punjabi) 06/26/2011 06:55 AM
Dear xxxxxx,

While we appreciate your interest in the offer you mentioned, please understand that this is an offer only for solicited non-Cardmembers.

I understand that this may be disappointing to you, but because many of our offers are targeted to specific types of Cardmembers, you can expect to see various promotions throughout the year for which you may be eligible.

Sincerely, Jitendra Punjabi Manager, Email Servicing Team American Express Interactive Services
Old Jun 27, 2011, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by detony
By asking via secure message, I was told no. See below. Perhaps I should start calling. I did the 10k spend in 4mo for 50k points. I got the card in April and did the spend and got the bonus miles. Sent a SM on 6/23 and here is the response below:

Dear xxxxxx,

While we appreciate your interest in the offer you mentioned, please understand that this is an offer only for solicited non-Cardmembers.

I understand that this may be disappointing to you, but because many of our offers are targeted to specific types of Cardmembers, you can expect to see various promotions throughout the year for which you may be eligible.

Sincerely, XXXXXXXXX, Email Servicing Team American Express Interactive Services
If you did $10K spend in 4 months for 50K MR points, I'm assuming then you have the AMEX Platinum card... is that right?

If so, that's probably the reason why you were rejected by the agent. I doubt you'd be able to get it applied even if you tried calling multiple times.

This particular offer (5894) is only valid for AMEX Premier Rewards Gold cards. You'd have to apply for that card under the current 15K or 10K MR point bonuses, and then ask to be bumped up to the 75K offer.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 3:41 pm

Programs: UA Silver
Originally Posted by jonman21
If you did $10K spend in 4 months for 50K MR points, I'm assuming then you have the AMEX Platinum card... is that right?

If so, that's probably the reason why you were rejected by the agent. I doubt you'd be able to get it applied even if you tried calling multiple times.

This particular offer (5894) is only valid for AMEX Premier Rewards Gold cards. You'd have to apply for that card under the current 15K or 10K MR point bonuses, and then ask to be bumped up to the 75K offer.

CORRECT...there is a plat biz card also. Thank you for clarifying. I just got a little greedy.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by detony
CORRECT...there is a plat biz card also. Thank you for clarifying. I just got a little greedy.
No problem! You could still apply for the Premier Rewards Gold Card to try for the 75K... :P

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.