Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

[Targeted]No Fee 1st yr. American Express Gold Card 75,000 Bonus Reward Points Signup

[Targeted]No Fee 1st yr. American Express Gold Card 75,000 Bonus Reward Points Signup

Old Jun 17, 2011, 8:44 pm

I was able to expedite the posting of 65,000 points after my first purchase + 10k too through secure messaging. I called Membership Rewards when I got the card and was able to get the offer noted on my account.
Old Jun 19, 2011, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by pgary
I would most appreciate knowing where you found this link. Thanks much.
If you click on Forums from the FlyerTalk site then Top Flyer it shows up as an ad. I just saw it.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 10:30 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
just applied and approved, after i get the card i'll send the secure message requesting the offer be added.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 10:56 am

Sometimes need persistence

FINALLY got my account noted for an extra 60K when I complete the spend. I received the card Friday and it was not until my 4th attempt, combination of phone and SM, that I was successful. I had just about given up.

All worth it in the end.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Has anyone just called and asked for the 75K offer rather than get the card first?
Old Jun 20, 2011, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by PaulMSN
Has anyone just called and asked for the 75K offer rather than get the card first?
Yes...tried three times with no luck. "targeted" blah blah blah
Old Jun 20, 2011, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by ianturner
just applied and approved, after i get the card i'll send the secure message requesting the offer be added.
Do you have any link to the application? I got the offer from Amex for Business Platinum for 50K points. But I didn't apply because the annual fee of $450 was not waived. And now, it's expired. Can you share the link to the application?
Old Jun 20, 2011, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by frugaltravel
Do you have any link to the application? I got the offer from Amex for Business Platinum for 50K points. But I didn't apply because the annual fee of $450 was not waived. And now, it's expired. Can you share the link to the application?
I already have the plat amex, but i used this link in google chrome under an "incognito window"
http://www201.americanexpress.com/ge...op-Flyer/40141

it allowed me to submit the application that way.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 4:11 pm

I already have the plat amex, but i used this link in google chrome under an "incognito window"
http://www201.americanexpress.com/ge...op-Flyer/40141

it allowed me to submit the application that way.
I just applied for the card using the previous page link before I saw your post. It was approved instantly. It says 25K on the front page but it's actually 10K on the application. Oh well, I hope I can send the secure message after I received the card or account # and got additional 65K.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 4:28 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Mrs User Name applied using the 25K link 5 days ago.

Card arrived today, activated and immediately messaged MR - Points balance saying that she'd applied using the wrong web link in error and had intended to use the flyer with the code 5894.

Reply received within a couple of hours - the 25K will take 6 to 8 weeks but if she messages back once the $500 is spent then they'll apply the 50K there and then.

Result.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by swat16
@Alex - I have online access with Amex so I wrote them an hour after applying and gave them the reference number from the email confirmation. I heard back just hours later from the overseas office.

Overall, this deal was absolutely painless! 75K free miles!
How did you send a secure message if the account is not registered online yet? I have an online account with Amex, so when I tried sending secure message, it asked me what credit card # (last 4 digits) I was referring to. And my new approved account was not in there yet and I can't send secure message to them.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 5:22 pm

I just applied for the card using the previous page link before I saw your post. It was approved instantly. It says 25K on the front page but it's actually 10K on the application. Oh well, I hope I can send the secure message after I received the card or account # and got additional 65K.
mine said 25k on the application
Old Jun 20, 2011, 5:55 pm

How did you send a secure message if the account is not registered online yet? I have an online account with Amex, so when I tried sending secure message, it asked me what credit card # (last 4 digits) I was referring to. And my new approved account was not in there yet and I can't send secure message to them.
Yeah, I just picked another one of my cards then selected Membership Rewards. In my message I gave the reference number and last five digits o the new card from the email Amex sends once you are approved. They figure it out.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

mine said 25k on the application
Interesting. I used the link in your post - the front page said 25K but the application said 10K. In fact the front page initially said 10K on first click. I cleared cookies and then click again, and saw the 25K on front page but still 10K on application.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 11:32 pm

Programs: United 2P, AA Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
I love you guys!

Was kind of nervous jumping the gun on the 15K link and risking getting a rejection asking to get bumped up to 75K (via offer 5894), but the current 50% BA transfer bonus was just too good to not try...

Since no one was reporting full-on rejections yet, I decided to do it. I applied 8 days ago, was instantly approved, then received my card yesterday.

I called the MR line twice today and wasn't able to get the 75K offer attached to my account (one rep said I have to wait until I complete the spend of my original offer before he can even consider applying a different offer [?], and the other rep said that 5894 was targeted and I needed an invite code).

I decided to go through the secure messaging route and that worked on the first try! 60K immediately once I reach $500, and then the other 15K once I reach the original $1000 spend.

Thanks FT peeps!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.