Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

[Targeted]No Fee 1st yr. American Express Gold Card 75,000 Bonus Reward Points Signup

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Targeted]No Fee 1st yr. American Express Gold Card 75,000 Bonus Reward Points Signup

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2011, 9:24 am

Programs: AA, Delta, BA, SPG-gold, HH, Amex Plat, SW,
Talking

Originally Posted by PatMike
If your statement closes before July 31 and you have no unpaid balance, call customer service and they can expedite the posting of your points. I did this once and they were available within 24 hours. Make sure you pay you balance off first.
You can also advance up to 15,000 MR points.

I did exactly as you saying and my points were posted immediately.
Old Jul 5, 2011, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by vdostoi1
Maybe I will be the guinea pig and give this one a shot. I have an offer from Amex for 50K points which expires sometime in August. I will ask the rep if I can be bumped to 75K after I apply.
Is there an RSVP # associated with the 50k offer? I owe them some MR points and I'd jump at 50k just to get it paid off :P
Old Jul 5, 2011, 7:53 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, BA, SPG-gold, HH, Amex Plat, SW,
Originally Posted by rincewind44
is there an rsvp # associated with the 50k offer? I owe them some mr points and i'd jump at 50k just to get it paid off
Old Jul 5, 2011, 8:14 pm

Thanks. Found one in the thread, couldn't find the other.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 4:10 am

Programs: Spg Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Can I ?

Originally Posted by bunlimited
Have been following 10 threads plus fighting with AMEX for another targeted offer and Citi to get confirm so I will lazily ask this question. ( have read half this thread but don't remember)

Do you think I could apply for this card even though the cutoff date has passed and use the 2 codes mentioned below (or above)
I am currently a platinum holder for 15+ years
Thanks
Old Jul 6, 2011, 2:31 pm

Anybody had success applying and requesting for additional points after 7/1?
Old Jul 6, 2011, 6:08 pm

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by sam-i-am
I have a targeted offer for 50K points which I am contemplating whether or not to pull the trigger on or not. What does everyone think? Is 50K points for $500 spend still a good deal (given that I missed out on the 75K deal)? I will certainly request the offer code to be added to my account and be bumped to 75K but I am interested in fellow FT'ers' opinions as to whether or not pulling the trigger on the 50K offer is a good deal or not.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 6:58 pm

Got back from vacation, finally went through my mail and found a 75K targeted offer for the Business Gold Rewards Card! Bonus ID 6556 (same as mentioned in posts 726 and 728), $2000 spend by November 15. Offer ends August 16. Applied online, pending, and approved two hours later by email.

Anyone seen a 100K offer on this same card I could try to talk into?
Old Jul 7, 2011, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by sam-i-am
Data point:
  • I applied for both the personal Gold premier rewards (25K Top Flyer link which later converted to a 10K lion the submit page) and the personal platinum rewards card (frugal guy 50K link) on July 4.
  • Instant approval on both cards.
  • Only a single credit pull on Experian for both apps (think that is Experian's doing instead of Amex's).
  • Secure mail to ask them to bump the bonus on the gold card (to 75K points) was successful referencing 5894.
  • They did ask that I email them once I'd hit the $500 spend threshold and they would manually add the remaining points.
  • Still have not received or activated either card.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by cheapdad
Data point:
  • I applied for both the personal Gold premier rewards (25K Top Flyer link which later converted to a 10K lion the submit page) and the personal platinum rewards card (frugal guy 50K link) on July 4.
  • Instant approval on both cards.
  • Only a single credit pull on Experian for both apps (think that is Experian's doing instead of Amex's).
  • Secure mail to ask them to bump the bonus on the gold card (to 75K points) was successful referencing 5894.
  • They did ask that I email them once I'd hit the $500 spend threshold and they would manually add the remaining points.
  • Still have not received or activated either card.
Question - how do I send a secure e-mail to make the bump request if I was approved but I don't have an online account yet?
Old Jul 7, 2011, 11:14 am

Data point:
can you provide a direct link to the 50k platinum rewards card? on frugalguy's website i only see 25k points. i know everyone is bumping the bonus to 100k but in case i get denied for that bump i'd at least like the 50k. thanks
Old Jul 7, 2011, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by vdostoi1
Question - how do I send a secure e-mail to make the bump request if I was approved but I don't have an online account yet?
I sent it "attached" to my blue cash card, but referenced the last 5 digits of the Gold PR card (which they sent me via email immediately after I was approved).
Old Jul 7, 2011, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by rag2120
can you provide a direct link to the 50k platinum rewards card? on frugalguy's website i only see 25k points. i know everyone is bumping the bonus to 100k but in case i get denied for that bump i'd at least like the 50k. thanks
Application screenshots are on my home PC, I'll post it later tonight when I get home.

When searching for the 50K link I found a 25K link and a 25K link which switched to 50K when you advanced to the confirmation screen and then a 50K link which was 50K from the beginning. And the number of points shown available differed by whether I'd cleared cookies or not.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 1:23 pm

I sent it "attached" to my blue cash card, but referenced the last 5 digits of the Gold PR card (which they sent me via email immediately after I was approved).
Ahhh. I see. Very good. Thanks.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 1:24 pm

Application screenshots are on my home PC, I'll post it later tonight when I get home.

When searching for the 50K link I found a 25K link and a 25K link which switched to 50K when you advanced to the confirmation screen and then a 50K link which was 50K from the beginning.
Recent experience shows you now only get 25K awarded even though it shows 50K on the app/confirmation screen. But worth a shot anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.