Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

[Targeted]No Fee 1st yr. American Express Gold Card 75,000 Bonus Reward Points Signup

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Targeted]No Fee 1st yr. American Express Gold Card 75,000 Bonus Reward Points Signup

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2011, 6:26 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by TTBHG
... before the 40% transfer to BA expires.
The BA transfer offer is +50% bonus ^

Originally Posted by ianturner
can i do this if i already have an platinum amex?
Short answer, YES... but YMMV. I'm in the process of doing exactly that. So far, I've applied and gotten approved (on same day) for both PRGold and Plat. I met the $500 spending quota for the PRGold and got 75k miles reserved in my account pending statement cycle. Concurrently, in the process of meeting the $1000 spending quota for 100k MR points on the Plat.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 7:23 pm

Programs: DL FO
Originally Posted by Henry82
Even better. I thought it was only 40%. Saves some Membership Rewards points for something else. Now I just need a HHonors transfer bonus for a trip to Bora Bora.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by Henry82

Short answer, YES... but YMMV. I'm in the process of doing exactly that. So far, I've applied and gotten approved (on same day) for both PRGold and Plat. I met the $500 spending quota for the PRGold and got 75k miles reserved in my account pending statement cycle. Concurrently, in the process of meeting the $1000 spending quota for 100k MR points on the Plat.
Does Plat card carry $450 annual fee?
Will reward gold for business work?
Old Jun 13, 2011, 9:50 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by wjss0805
Does Plat card carry $450 annual fee?
Yes, Platinum = $450 annual fee. Most people find the benefits are worth the high cost... another POV, 100k miles for $450 = win ^
Old Jun 14, 2011, 1:48 pm

Third and Fourth time the Charm!

It took a while but I finally succeeded. I have an AmEx HHonors card and sent a secure message before applying and was told, "so sorry, targeted, blah, blah."

My wife and I applied (for 10K) and got the cards yesterday, called Member Services (1-800-297-3276), gave our accounts and asked if they could apply promotion I heard about, "Which one?" "5894." Put on hold, came back, "targeted, no 75K for you, not yours."

Activated cards, called back last night, wasn't even put on hold, helpful CSR said "it is targetted but I'll add a note to your account." I asked if my wife could get it as well, "are you an authorized user?" "Ooops." She had just gone to bed.

Sent a Secure Message this afternoon on her account requesting the promo, just got a response, "sure."

Thanks FT!! Now to get the Business cards . . .

- Ike
p.s. I may have paraphrased a little.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 8:09 pm

Programs: I was loyal to One Pass & Star Alliance before FT ... now I value all miles and programs
I spoke to a CSR today and I think I was successful in getting the offer added to my account. She mentioned that although she is adding a note for the offer, I still have to call back 6-8 weeks after meeting my spending requirement so they can manually add the points.

Would someone know if this is true and if I can still be denied for the points in 6-8 weeks?
Old Jun 14, 2011, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by lrluis
I spoke to a CSR today and I think I was successful in getting the offer added to my account. She mentioned that although she is adding a note for the offer, I still have to call back 6-8 weeks after meeting my spending requirement so they can manually add the points.

Would someone know if this is true and if I can still be denied for the points in 6-8 weeks?
It seems that once you have the note in your account you can call up/message once you have completed the $500 spend and get your points right away. If not, try a different CSR.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 8:54 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, SPG Gold, PC Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by swat16
+1. In fact I just saw a banner ad offering 25K for the Amex PRG yesterday on either this site, ThePointsGuy, or frugaltravel.com.
I can only find the 15,000 pts when you spend $1000 in 3 months link on PointsGuy and FrugalTravelGuy. If anyone has an actual link for the 25,000 pts for $1000 spend for the Gold, I would appreciate it!
Old Jun 14, 2011, 9:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by UA Fan
This is the best Amex offer I have ever seen.
Originally Posted by Time traveller
I got this offer with a $2000 spend within 3 months instead of $500.
Originally Posted by cesco.g
Two offers for the 75K business card reached my office mail box this week. Terms: Spend $ 2500 by Oct 11 and first year fee waived to get 75K MR points.
I got the 75k offer for the Business Gold Rewards card. Must spend $2,000 by October 11. First year fee of $125 waived. Bonus ID is 6497.

I dropped Amex in about 1999 and have had nothing to do with them since but am sorely tempted by this offer. It could resuscitate my BAEC account.

Couple of observations about their targeting:

1. This offer came to my LLC, not me personally. I've gone through some business changes this year and the business name has been out there for less than five months.

2. An identically designed piece of direct came to my home mailbox a couple of weeks ago, addressed to a company name I've never heard of before. (I threw it away not knowing what it was.) We've lived here more than 16 years and the prior occupant didn't have a business. Amex must be using some really, really old and ungroomed lists.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 9:30 am

Programs: AA Plt, BA, SPG Plt
Originally Posted by IkeEsq
It seems that once you have the note in your account you can call up/message once you have completed the $500 spend and get your points right away. If not, try a different CSR.
This did not work for me. In fact, they tried to repeal the previous note granting the 75k bonus. The issue ended up going for review, and I was confirmed to be eligible for the 75k but only in 8 weeks. I decided not to mess around with them any further and will wait.

On another note, when do the MR points become available? I see that they were 'earned' May 1, along with spending points which are still 'pending.' But when I look at my MR balance, it's 0.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by blase
I can only find the 15,000 pts when you spend $1000 in 3 months link on PointsGuy and FrugalTravelGuy. If anyone has an actual link for the 25,000 pts for $1000 spend for the Gold, I would appreciate it!
http://www201.americanexpress.com/ge...op-Flyer/40141

Before you click on that you may want to clear all cookies. If it does come up with 25K, apply immediately because at least on my computers, when I attempted to go back to that offer, it reverted to the 10K although I had it bookmarked. I went to a different computer and typed it in and it came up correctly. I hope it works for you!
Old Jun 15, 2011, 11:33 am

Programs: AA LT Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, SPG Gold, PC Plat Ambassador

Before you click on that you may want to clear all cookies. If it does come up with 25K, apply immediately because at least on my computers, when I attempted to go back to that offer, it reverted to the 10K although I had it bookmarked. I went to a different computer and typed it in and it came up correctly. I hope it works for you!
Thanks! That worked, but I did have to clear my cookies first. The first time I clicked on it it said "Upgrade Now" and only offered 15,000 pts after $30,000 in spend!!!
Old Jun 15, 2011, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by BearX220
I got the 75k offer for the Business Gold Rewards card. Must spend $2,000 by October 11. First year fee of $125 waived. Bonus ID is 6497.
I got the same offer in the mail, applied and was approved for the card. My question is:

Can my wife apply using the same RSVP code as a second employee of the business? And if she is approved, would she receive 75k MR points in addition to my 75k? Is there a limit to how many applications can be submitted under one targeted business (one RSVP)?
Old Jun 15, 2011, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by Ftusa
I got the same offer in the mail, applied and was approved for the card. My question is:

Can my wife apply using the same RSVP code as a second employee of the business? And if she is approved, would she receive 75k MR points in addition to my 75k? Is there a limit to how many applications can be submitted under one targeted business (one RSVP)?
There is a seperate thread about the Business card . . .

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...offer-75k.html
Old Jun 15, 2011, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The application page reverts to 10K despite the front offer shows 25K.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.