Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

[Targeted]No Fee 1st yr. American Express Gold Card 75,000 Bonus Reward Points Signup

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Targeted]No Fee 1st yr. American Express Gold Card 75,000 Bonus Reward Points Signup

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2011, 3:51 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
Originally Posted by frugaltravel
I just got my card yesterday and activated it. I did send SM before the card arrived to get the 75K bonus points. I learned from the thread that the 50% bonus BA transfer expires on July 31. I plan to spend $1000 by July 1. How long does the point post after the closing date? Do I still get a chance to get the MR points before 7/31? Thanks.
If your statement closes before July 31 and you have no unpaid balance, call customer service and they can expedite the posting of your points. I did this once and they were available within 24 hours. Make sure you pay you balance off first.
You can also advance up to 15,000 MR points.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 5:12 pm

Programs: United 2P, AA Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by PatMike
If your statement closes before July 31 and you have no unpaid balance, call customer service and they can expedite the posting of your points. I did this once and they were available within 24 hours. Make sure you pay you balance off first.
FWIW, I was able to get them to expedite the posting of my points without having paid my balance first. I just met the threshold for spending.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by PatMike
Thanks for the answer. My closing date is 7/15. I will charge $1000 on July 1. I guess I still have time to expedite the MR points before 7/31.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 7:10 pm

Man, Amex is tough. Im trying to get these points expedited just like the rest of you and AMEX Reps wont budge. Saying that I have to wait 6-8 weeks. I tell them to make an exception for me but they wont. sigh. I just sent a secured message hopefully that will do the trick. Im just trying to do it before the 50% expires.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 7:25 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
i haven't had much luck getting the points advanced either, even after making sure that all of my balances are paid off
Old Jun 27, 2011, 10:39 pm

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Plat
"Earned" status to "redeemable" status

Applied for the 75K offer, met the spending requirements, points posted to my account as "earned" but they are not "redeemable". I think this is typical but how long does it take for the points to migrate from "earned" status to "redeemable" status? Thank you.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 10:46 pm

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
Originally Posted by vdostoi1
Applied for the 75K offer, met the spending requirements, points posted to my account as "earned" but they are not "redeemable". I think this is typical but how long does it take for the points to migrate from "earned" status to "redeemable" status? Thank you.
write to them via secure mail and ask them to make it available and they will for ya..
Old Jun 28, 2011, 1:12 am

Programs: All of em...
Originally Posted by jonman21
No problem! You could still apply for the Premier Rewards Gold Card to try for the 75K... :P
You can get signup bonuses for the Premier Rewards Gold Card pers/biz AND the Platinum card by AMEX? I thought it was one or the other. Just trying to clarify.

If you can get both and qualify the bonuses then I might just have to go for the Platinum card now too
Old Jun 28, 2011, 4:10 am

Originally Posted by x712xdamx
You can get signup bonuses for the Premier Rewards Gold Card pers/biz AND the Platinum card by AMEX? I thought it was one or the other. Just trying to clarify.

If you can get both and qualify the bonuses then I might just have to go for the Platinum card now too
It's both. I just got both cards although I haven't reached the spend on the Platinum. I actually haven't received it yet. They are taking forever to mail it.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 5:42 am

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by mrx900
write to them via secure mail and ask them to make it available and they will for ya..
Ah! Excellent. Thank you for the pointer.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 7:38 am

Programs: avis president , national executive, hertz presidents, delta platinum, spg platinum
could i still apply now and get the 75k?
Old Jun 28, 2011, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by traveldealer
I don't know about applying now, but I know the code is still good (or maybe it is a different code). I called last night to help my brother and mother who had signed up for the 50k bonus and the rep had problems entering the points in for my mom's account, so she went and grabbed a 75k code which worked. Unfortunately, she did not tell me what the code was. It was a happy surprise, however!
Old Jun 28, 2011, 8:30 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by runfit
I don't know about applying now, but I know the code is still good (or maybe it is a different code). I called last night to help my brother and mother who had signed up for the 50k bonus and the rep had problems entering the points in for my mom's account, so she went and grabbed a 75k code which worked. Unfortunately, she did not tell me what the code was. It was a happy surprise, however!
Once a persons monthly statement closes, you can go online and look at a PDF of the statement and scroll down to the Points earning (posting) page and it will tell you the Promo # that was used for the Pts earned. Of cause you cant see this till the statement closes

I was turned down for the extra 50k but to my surprise there was an additional 10k on my statement besides the 25k for signing up , well 1 call to MR and asking why did I get 10k and not the full 50k resulted in getting the additional 40k, the rep said seems the other rep put in the wrong promo code so you only got 10k instead of 50k (code for the 10k was 5878 and had something about $1k in spending, dont know if its attainable besides the extra 50k but Im gonna leave things just as they are with getting the full 50k extra)
Old Jun 28, 2011, 10:58 am

Programs: United 2P, AA Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by traveldealer
Someone earlier on this thread reported that the #5894 offer code expires July 1 (in a few days)..
Old Jun 28, 2011, 2:44 pm

Programs: avis president , national executive, hertz presidents, delta platinum, spg platinum
Originally Posted by jonman21
Someone earlier on this thread reported that the #5894 offer code expires July 1 (in a few days)..
thanks , but where is the link for the regular signup?

Last edited by traveldealer; Jun 28, 2011 at 2:51 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.