Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

[Targeted]No Fee 1st yr. American Express Gold Card 75,000 Bonus Reward Points Signup

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Targeted]No Fee 1st yr. American Express Gold Card 75,000 Bonus Reward Points Signup

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2011, 7:07 am

Received a targeted offer in the mail for 75K for Amex Biz Gold Rewards, applied online, approved a few hours later. Card arrive via 2 day shipping, called to activate, then sent SM asking about 100K offer to others. Reply within 12 hours, 25K extra MR points posted to account, already shows as pending. YMMV -- this was in response to a TARGETED offer and I have over 20 years history with Amex at huge spends. I'm sure they take these factors into account into deciding whether or not to up the bonus, so if someone doesn't get it right away you are not necessarily losing out.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 10:06 am

Programs: AA, Delta, BA, SPG-gold, HH, Amex Plat, SW,
Originally Posted by bangkokiscool
Received a targeted offer in the mail for 75K for Amex Biz Gold Rewards, applied online, approved a few hours later. Card arrive via 2 day shipping, called to activate, then sent SM asking about 100K offer to others. Reply within 12 hours, 25K extra MR points posted to account, already shows as pending. YMMV -- this was in response to a TARGETED offer and I have over 20 years history with Amex at huge spends. I'm sure they take these factors into account into deciding whether or not to up the bonus, so if someone doesn't get it right away you are not necessarily losing out.
I will jump @ this offer any day. How come i dont get sweets like these in my mail box? All i get in my snail mail is cash back offers.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 11:59 am

Can anyone post a quick recap for a newbie? I've been lurking for about a 3 weeks and it's been a great help.

Also, I've been following this thread but at 827 posts and with all the different ID numbers and methods posted I'm not really sure which method/code to use. Is it still ID# 5985 and the link in post #53 (the first post with a link) that is for the Gold MR that reflects only 10K points.

I'd like to take advantage of the BA conversion bonus so I'm a little short on time and the multiple award codes have me concerned that I'll end up with the wrong code/link. Don't want to mess up with such a short turnaround time on the BA Conversion bonus.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Last edited by BigBodySS; Jul 12, 2011 at 12:05 pm Reason: Took out question about MR Express; search option is amazing ;)
Old Jul 12, 2011, 1:54 pm

Programs: I was loyal to One Pass & Star Alliance before FT ... now I value all miles and programs
Originally Posted by bangkokiscool
Based on the SM response I got below, they certainly take your account length into consideration when making their decisions.

Hello ASDF,

Please do not worry and I will take care of your request right away!

We have already issued 10,000 bonus points to your account on June 26, 2011.

I have now issued remaining 65,000 bonus points to your account (under Bonus ID 5894). Currently, you have 75,738 available points and 550 pending points.

I hope that I have provided excellent service and handled your inquiry to your satisfaction. Your membership since 2001 is important to us.

Have an excellent day!
Sincerely, QWERTY Email Servicing Team American Express Interactive Services
Old Jul 12, 2011, 2:11 pm

Programs: All of em...
While my 3 phone calls during the day to MR were unsuccessful in expediting my points - my 1 SM really late at night (5am) was successful!
They posted my 75,000 points right away.

I told them I wanted to take advantage of the British Airways transfer.

Now that I actually have the points, I'm getting gun shy on whether I want to transfer them all (75k) to BA or not! I'm a single guy, so that's a lot of trips to South America!! haha. Still weighing maybe some to BA, some to Delta (50% bonus too), or maybe some to Continental?
I know some of you say to save them until you actually need a trip, but I don't foresee any bonuses bigger than 50% in the future, so I think NOW is the time to act.
Home airport is OMA if you want to offer suggestions.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

75K release and a 100 goodwill points

This is laughable.

The SE Asia rep released all 75K pts on husband's account and added a 100 goodwill points. While I do not expect any goodwill point, this 100 point amount is a bit too stingy.

Spend points remain absent in both aco....s which have not seen their 1st statements yet.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
This is laughable.

The SE Asia rep released all 75K pts on husband's account and added a 100 goodwill points. While I do not expect any goodwill point, this 100 point amount is a bit too stingy.

Spend points remain absent in both aco....s which have not seen their 1st statements yet.

I requested that my wife's 75k be release and after saying no twice, they finally released 100k. The same rep replied to all 3 messages. The first two
e-mails referenced 75k then it was weird that the third state that he released 100k. I'm afraid that he somehow got it mixed up with her 100k business account bonus which she hasn't earned enough to request for an early release.

I'm just going to hang low and hope that he accidentally gave her an additional 25k for the gold MR gold account. Worst case scenario, I can call them up later and tell them that she never got one of her bonuses. And if her 100k business card bonus posts, then great!

Oh yeah, he deposited an extra 1 point for goodwill. So your goodwill was
100x better.
Old Jul 13, 2011, 12:19 am

Exclamation

Searched but couldn't find anything.

Does anyone know if this will work in Canada? The promotion I could find advertised is only 15,000 points with the Gold Card and 25,000 points with the Gold Business Card.
Old Jul 13, 2011, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hqly2001
100x better.
Alright, I got the answer on why a 100 goodwill points were issued. The explanation was, without base points in the account they cannot release the bonus points. Hence our 100 and your 1 goodwill point.

Still, this does NOT explain my account and an FTer's account both got the bonus points PROMPTLY released immediately after we emailed back after the spend was met. Neither of us ever sees any base point before the bonus points posted. I have not paid my card a penny since the statement is not closed yet and I have a few Ks charged already.

Conclusion remains the same: AMEX is very inconsistency and it is a large Luck of Draw on which rep you got. However persistence does pay off and that is the good enough take-away.
Old Jul 13, 2011, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
Alright, I got the answer on why a 100 goodwill points were issued. The explanation was, without base points in the account they cannot release the bonus points. Hence our 100 and your 1 goodwill point.

Still, this does NOT explain my account and an FTer's account both got the bonus points PROMPTLY released immediately after we emailed back after the spend was met. Neither of us ever sees any base point before the bonus points posted. I have not paid my card a penny since the statement is not closed yet and I have a few Ks charged already.

Conclusion remains the same: AMEX is very inconsistency and it is a large Luck of Draw on which rep you got. However persistence does pay off and that is the good enough take-away.
Ok I did not get my card yet, but I sent a Message through SM, ( I have the blue AMEX). I ask them to apply the code for 75k points, since the link i used was for 10k points.

So the reply I got was they saw that I apply with the 10k promotion and not the 75k points, but they told me to email them back when I have spended the $1000 and they would add 65K (getting 10K on the normal app).

Do you guys think it is good enought? Should I still call MR before I active the card to make sure my account gets noted with the 75k promotion? In the pass when I call the CS rep usually cant access my SM box and I dont want to screw up if the message in my SM box is good?

Sorry this the first time i am trying this kind of offer.

Thanks
Old Jul 13, 2011, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stunt
Ok I did not get my card yet, but I sent a Message through SM, ( I have the blue AMEX). I ask them to apply the code for 75k points, since the link i used was for 10k points.

So the reply I got was they saw that I apply with the 10k promotion and not the 75k points, but they told me to email them back when I have spended the $1000 and they would add 65K (getting 10K on the normal app).
That is all you need. SM is by far more effective than calling and all you need to do is exactly what you are told.

Just make sure you print your SM reply to a PDF file and save it on your computer because AMEX SMs will be auto-purged 90 days after it is done - both sent and replied. However the reply has an ID at the bottom and they can locate it in the system even it is purged from your online viewing.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 9:43 am

I want to apply today but don't to waste an inquire if the offer is expired. Does anyone know if the offer it is still valid?
Old Jul 14, 2011, 9:51 am

I forgot to ask and would appreciate anybody's help on this. I am already a business card member (SPG Bus card) and don't know if these offers out there are for first time business customers or not. Also when applying should I enter my business info such as name and Tax Id? Thank you!
Old Jul 14, 2011, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by hqly2001
I requested that my wife's 75k be release and after saying no twice, they finally released 100k. The same rep replied to all 3 messages. The first two
e-mails referenced 75k then it was weird that the third state that he released 100k. I'm afraid that he somehow got it mixed up with her 100k business account bonus which she hasn't earned enough to request for an early release.

I'm just going to hang low and hope that he accidentally gave her an additional 25k for the gold MR gold account. Worst case scenario, I can call them up later and tell them that she never got one of her bonuses. And if her 100k business card bonus posts, then great!

100x better.
What is the offer code for that? Thank you!
Old Jul 14, 2011, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by hmaia
I want to apply today but don't to waste an inquire if the offer is expired. Does anyone know if the offer it is still valid?
To find the answer to your question all you need to do is read the last two pages... Essentially there is no guarantee, and you may need to send several messages. Offer code 5894 technically expired July 1, but people have reported success getting matched even when applying after that date. YMMV

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.