Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

[Targeted]No Fee 1st yr. American Express Gold Card 75,000 Bonus Reward Points Signup

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Targeted]No Fee 1st yr. American Express Gold Card 75,000 Bonus Reward Points Signup

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2011, 7:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond,IHG Platinum, HH Gold, OZ Diamond (*G), AA Plat, AS MVP Gold
To those who got matched 75k by sending secure message, when did you send?
It is strange that all of wife's messages forwarded to south Asia customer center whenever message sent. We tried 4am, 10am, 2pm pacific time on weekday.
All three messages sent to south Asia center and got shot down.
Old May 20, 2011, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by andante81
It is strange that all of wife's messages forwarded to south Asia customer center whenever message sent. We tried 4am, 10am, 2pm pacific time on weekday.
I sent mine on a Sat night at 7pm and the wife's on a Tues at 5pm. Both were approved or 75K. I said I applied for the 75K offer I was sent but when the application loaded it read 10K (it really did). They said I was signed up for the 25K offer but they would change it and after spending $1K. I was surprised they were so easy to deal with!
Old May 20, 2011, 9:48 pm

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
weird....as ALL the ones from South Asia were the ones who gave us the bonus.....the N.American reps shot us down hehehe....
Old May 21, 2011, 1:35 pm

Thanks all. I signed up for the 50k card through the link that is now being described as the Columbia business school link. Rather than fight that fight I just called before activating today and asked them to match the 75k offer. It got complicated but they ultimately agreed. I need to do the $500 spend, wait for the first 10k to post, and then wait another 8 weeks to call to get the additional 65k. They supposedly put a note in the account. Kind of mask all the angst about the 50k card silly.
Old May 21, 2011, 1:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, ICG Platinum Royal Ambassador, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by lkar
Thanks all. I signed up for the 50k card through the link that is now being described as the Columbia business school link. Rather than fight that fight I just called before activating today and asked them to match the 75k offer. It got complicated but they ultimately agreed. I need to do the $500 spend, wait for the first 10k to post, and then wait another 8 weeks to call to get the additional 65k. They supposedly put a note in the account. Kind of mask all the angst about the 50k card silly.
Ikar,
Who did you call and work through-- customer service or membership rewards?
Thanks
Old May 21, 2011, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by point bonita lighthouse
Ikar,
Who did you call and work through-- customer service or membership rewards?
Thanks
Just called the number on the back of the card. So cs I assume. Just kept asking for agent during the phone tree. Got out of country call center I think and then eventually transferred to us supervisor.
Old May 21, 2011, 2:37 pm

Programs: UA Gold, AA Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle, etc etc
promised add'l 50k and then shot down!

Had Business gold Amex for yrs. Applied for personal Prem Rewards card using 25k link. After that was approved I sent secure email asking for 75k; Amex (Indian name) emailed back I didn't qualify but would match it anyway, just reply to the email when I hit my min spend and the 25k hit and they'd make it 75k total. Hit spend, 25k hit and I emailed please post the add'l 50k. They emailed back (from different Indian name) that the first person made a mistake, I was not eligible and they were not going to credit me the add'l 50k.
What is my best course of action? What time of day/day of week am I best off calling to get someone to honor the add;l 50k the first response promised? TIA

Last edited by greek2me; May 21, 2011 at 2:54 pm
Old May 21, 2011, 4:17 pm

I applied the card through 25k offer and customer service added me to 75K program after i sent secure e-mail. After i reached the spending limit i messaged them again and they added a total of 75K points to my account. But that is being shown as pending points and CS told me that i can only use them from June 15th. But i would like to use the points to transfer to Skymiles account to get 50% additional points. Can somebody suggest me a method to make the points available before 31st so that i can participate in the 50% bonus program?

Thanks and really appreciate if somebody can help.
Old May 21, 2011, 4:26 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, PC Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
I got shot down the first time I wrote to them using secure message under the MR category. However, I wrote the same thing again under the general questions category and they gave me the additional points. Not sure if the category matters.

I originally applied for the 10k. A week later asked them to match the 25k and then 3-4 weeks after asked them to match again with 75k.
Old May 21, 2011, 8:34 pm

I just got the columbia card in mail and called the number on the back of it. First time csr was quite nasty. He kept saying whatever offer I applied, I'd get that offer and there's no way he can adjust, so I hung up.

Called again. This time I got a super nice rep. He asked me what I wanted to do with this card. He must have read a memo on my account or may have been sitting right next to that nasty guy. I explained I saw a better offer right after I applied for this card and want to adjust to that offer(75K). He gave me new account dept at 877-399-3083 and told me not to activate the card yet. They can adjust my card to 75k offer with $1000 spending requirement in 3 months after he searched some offers, even though I mentioned 75k offer with $500 spending requirement.

According to him, my card is practically brand new. It's been only a week since I applied for it. New account people won't have any trouble to adjust my account to a better one without changing my card number. He suggested me to call the number the first thing in Monday morning. (They don't open on weekend.) Being a loyal Costco Amex card holder for past ten years should help. Wish me luck!

Last edited by Lanme; May 21, 2011 at 9:36 pm
Old May 21, 2011, 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by afsalva
I applied the card through 25k offer and customer service added me to 75K program after i sent secure e-mail. After i reached the spending limit i messaged them again and they added a total of 75K points to my account. But that is being shown as pending points and CS told me that i can only use them from June 15th. But i would like to use the points to transfer to Skymiles account to get 50% additional points. Can somebody suggest me a method to make the points available before 31st so that i can participate in the 50% bonus program?

Thanks and really appreciate if somebody can help.
SO spend $1000 and fullfill the requirement for the 25000 and email throught secure message and request for one time accelerating the point, I did the same and get the point immediately to my account.
Applied early this month and fullfill the requirement and make payment and email and I was told over the phone that is no way they can do it. Some experience CRS know how how to do it, who will do it for you.

I did my Delta point transfer and again immediately see the points and miles updated, and bonus and elite status within 24 hours.

Hope this information is helpful.
Old May 22, 2011, 12:00 am

As another data point, I got mailed the 75k for $500 spend offer despite never having owned an American Express card before. Signed up, completed the spend, made my first payment, and then asked for the bonus to be expedited via secure message on their website, and was given the 75k points within 24 hours.
Old May 22, 2011, 2:49 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond,IHG Platinum, HH Gold, OZ Diamond (*G), AA Plat, AS MVP Gold
Thank you for your data points.

We tried one more time but no good..
4th one went to same CSR of 1st message

I think it is time to stop sending message..
and start calling.

Last edited by andante81; May 22, 2011 at 3:00 am
Old May 22, 2011, 8:19 am

Thank you for your data points.

We tried one more time but no good..
4th one went to same CSR of 1st message

I think it is time to stop sending message..
and start calling.
Maybe tried different time to send the message..
like late night and sure your crs is off and hope for someone will do it for you.
Old May 22, 2011, 12:01 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Are the upgrades from the 50k to 75k offers being given when approved
on the Amex Gold Premier Rewards Card too?
Thanks All

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.