Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

[Targeted]No Fee 1st yr. American Express Gold Card 75,000 Bonus Reward Points Signup

[Targeted]No Fee 1st yr. American Express Gold Card 75,000 Bonus Reward Points Signup

Old May 23, 2011, 6:07 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by HansDKNY
I tried calling again 5 minutes later and got another MRP rep named Krystal at the Miami Lakes location. I told her that I applied for the 10K MRP offer but that I just learned that there is a better offer (75K MRP when spending 1K within 3 months)She then asked me for the offer code and I gave her code 5894. She put me on hold to speak to her supervisor. After 6 minutes on hold, she indicated that I qualified for the higher offer. She put a note in my account regarding the new offer and indicated that the points will be deposited 6-8 weeks after reaching 1K in charges. BTW, I had applied for the Gold card in Dec. 2010 and closed it in Jan. 2011 and still received 10K MRP points! Gotta love American Express.
Are you doing this before or after activation?
Old May 23, 2011, 7:27 pm

Programs: UA Miles+, AAdvantage, Skymiles
Originally Posted by Henry82
Are you doing this before or after activation?
After activation
Old May 23, 2011, 8:05 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold
After activation
Does the 75k / $1000 spend offer include getting any annual fee waived?
Old May 23, 2011, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by Henry82
Does the 75k / $1000 spend offer include getting any annual fee waived?
that I forgot to ask, but I have not read from the posters who have been getting approved for the 75K offer about getting hit with the annual fee...
and also you only need to spend $500 within the first three months (as posts on Page 24 and 25 testify), and not 1K. When you call confirm this information with the Rep.
Old May 23, 2011, 8:33 pm

that I forgot to ask, but I have not read from the posters who have been getting approved for the 75K offer about getting hit with the annual fee...
and also you only need to spend $500 within the first three months (as posts on Page 24 and 25 testify), and not 1K. When you call confirm this information with the Rep.
Actually, if you signed up for the 25K offer and got upgraded to 75K, you still have to spend the $1,000 since it was required for the 25K offer. At least this is what I was told and it was in the email they sent me.
Old May 24, 2011, 8:21 am

is there any way to get the 75K if you are not a new amex customer?

Old May 24, 2011, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by swat16
Actually, if you signed up for the 25K offer and got upgraded to 75K, you still have to spend the $1,000 since it was required for the 25K offer. At least this is what I was told and it was in the email they sent me.
I applied using the 10K offer but when using code 5894 you have to spend $500K (as per previous posters), but I'll be charging over 1K anyway
Old May 24, 2011, 8:59 am

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
Originally Posted by swat16
That depends on the person who "upgrades" you to the new offer. Both my husband and I applied under the 25K...and all we had to do was spend the $500 to get the 75K.

He spent $675 and got the 75K.. I only spent $550...
Old May 24, 2011, 1:14 pm

Programs: Lotz
A few posts up I mentioned I had tried the upgrade from the 25K I got in December to the new promos. Two times I was shot down, first on the phone and then by secure message. Both times they said 75K offer was for targeted people only.

Then today my Premier card posted and an additional 50K was added !!!
Old May 24, 2011, 2:38 pm

Two secure messages

Sent a secure message one day and was denied by overseas customer service.
Sent a second the next day and american customer service posted the points.
10 minutes of effort, 50k points. Not bad.
Old May 24, 2011, 2:57 pm

Programs: Lotz
Maybe AmEx has just changed it's policy and is giving the matching bonus to everyone who asks?

Last edited by tassojunior; May 24, 2011 at 3:54 pm
Old May 24, 2011, 5:48 pm

Gosh I hope so. I am freaking nervous about this. I'm away from home and my dad lost whatever mail I got last week. So I had them overnight a replacement. Any number of things could go wrong in the meantime. I'm stuck here gnawing my fingers off reading the alternating bad and good reports. Getting 10k alone is not acceptable. With everyone getting in on the 75k ahead of me, I might be one of few people left with the refused 50k promo attached to my account. It's all up in the air.
Old May 24, 2011, 7:14 pm

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
Originally Posted by Vapno
Gosh I hope so. I am freaking nervous about this. I'm away from home and my dad lost whatever mail I got last week. So I had them overnight a replacement. Any number of things could go wrong in the meantime. I'm stuck here gnawing my fingers off reading the alternating bad and good reports. Getting 10k alone is not acceptable. With everyone getting in on the 75k ahead of me, I might be one of few people left with the refused 50k promo attached to my account. It's all up in the air.

well i'm in the same boat..will make the customer service call/email next week...waiting for my card to come...well honestly this is my first amex charge card..and I won't kill myself if I don't get the 75k but i do want it.
Old May 24, 2011, 7:42 pm

Programs: AGR Starwood Whoever I can get points with :D
I applied for the 50K offer that was apparently targeted for some business school grads. After activation, I called MR dept and asked about the 75K offer, Ebony said they should post 6-8 wks after the 1,000$ spend. The paperwork I received with the card did say first annual fee waived. Crossing my fingers.
Old May 25, 2011, 12:09 am

Programs: DL, BA, AA
Originally Posted by guitman03

Yes, many have asked for it and received 75K even if not a new customer. Many instances of that earlier in the thread. Some have not received it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.