Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

[Targeted]No Fee 1st yr. American Express Gold Card 75,000 Bonus Reward Points Signup

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Targeted]No Fee 1st yr. American Express Gold Card 75,000 Bonus Reward Points Signup

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2011, 2:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond,IHG Platinum, HH Gold, OZ Diamond (*G), AA Plat, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by metallim
don't mention that you're not sure if youre eligible for the 50k bec ure not a columbia grad. just say you heard about the other offer for 75k and you were hoping to be switched to taht one.

This is what I did.

Applied with 50k (at that time I did not know this was targeted) just sent secure message saying that

"I applied and approved 50k blah~, would you change it to 75k promo?"

they say yes..
Old May 16, 2011, 2:14 pm

i'm getting 25k for 1000 dollars and then have to call to get 50k added manually. Not bad deal.
Old May 16, 2011, 3:24 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, A3 Gold, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, former UA Premier Executive
I just applied for and received the 50k offer http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...free-link.html and then called up the general customer service number 800.528.4800 and asked about being matched to the 75k offer and was accepted. Just provided the offer ID and gave the details and the notation was made after checking with Membership Rewards.

Chad over at Amex was extremely helpful and the whole interaction was only a few minutes, with most of those me being on hold while he was checking around. This deal is still alive and well if you go through the right channels.
Old May 16, 2011, 4:02 pm

Isn't the spending threshold increased to $3,000.00 over 3 months with the 75K upgrade?

Edit: wrong card (Chase Sapphire).

Last edited by Tailgater; May 17, 2011 at 5:51 pm
Old May 16, 2011, 4:11 pm

Programs: AA Plt, BA, SPG Plt
After 2 'NO' via secure message and 1 'maybe, call back' via phone. I got a sold 'yes, you are eligible for this offer, i am assigning it to your account, 75k miles will post 6-8 weeks after you spend $500 in 3 months.' If you're getting shot down, just keep on trying...
Old May 16, 2011, 4:34 pm

Hello David,

Our records show that you were solicited for 25,000 bonus points when you spend $1,000.00 within the first 3 months of Cardmembership.

As a matter of good customer service, once you've met the $1,000.00 spend requirement,, please forward another email to my attention and I will issue the additional 50,000 points to your account.

We value your membership and look forward to serving you in the future.

Sincerely, Dot Childs Email Servicing Team American Express Interactive Services

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old May 16, 2011, 4:39 pm

Got 75k points in my account

I applied 10k, and used the secure messages and noted to my account for 75k points, and once i spent $500 and make a payment to my account and email then, and 75K points now in my account.

I am sitting here and thinking should I transfer the 75k points to Delta account to get extra 50% of points and 25K MQM to upgrade to Elite level and that is a fees of $45 for transfer 75k points.

Checking delta.com and for international flight will need more than 130k miles.

Or I could use the miles to get gift cards, but I am thinking I could get the gift cards from American express, any advice and any thought.

Thanks in advance.

Coco
Old May 16, 2011, 4:52 pm

Really?
After reading this, I called Amex by the number you mentioned. The new application csr told me to cancel and reapply. That's great, i guess

Originally Posted by noreservations
I just applied for and received the 50k offer http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...free-link.html and then called up the general customer service number 800.528.4800 and asked about being matched to the 75k offer and was accepted. Just provided the offer ID and gave the details and the notation was made after checking with Membership Rewards.

Chad over at Amex was extremely helpful and the whole interaction was only a few minutes, with most of those me being on hold while he was checking around. This deal is still alive and well if you go through the right channels.
Old May 16, 2011, 5:38 pm

my girlfriend got a 50k offer via snail mail (not a columbia mba grad).. maybe i'll apply with that code and try to up to 75k
Old May 16, 2011, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by xerenthar
my girlfriend got a 50k offer via snail mail (not a columbia mba grad).. maybe i'll apply with that code and try to up to 75k
What promo ID your girlfriend got?
Old May 16, 2011, 7:24 pm

Programs: AMEX Gold MR into Avios, MileagePlus; AAdvantage; Skypesos
Originally Posted by noreservations

Did you manage to get 75k after $500 first 2 years free as well?? I would call RIGHT NOW if you did!!
Old May 16, 2011, 9:59 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
How long does it take for points to post?

My first statement period just ended. My statement available online. Met my min spend, but no points showing yet. Does this card require the bill be paid before the points post? Then how long? I can pay it today.
Old May 16, 2011, 10:41 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, A3 Gold, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, former UA Premier Executive
Originally Posted by spacehawk
Really?
After reading this, I called Amex by the number you mentioned. The new application csr told me to cancel and reapply. That's great, i guess
Try another CSR. I did exactly how I outlined and it worked perfectly. The guy I got was awesome, he helped with so much (had some other unrelated Amex stuff to work out.) I tried last week to get the 100k Platinum bonus but the lady I got was a dipwad and I just didn't feel like arguing to pay $450/year when this offer was on the table.

Originally Posted by flyaaah
Did you manage to get 75k after $500 first 2 years free as well?? I would call RIGHT NOW if you did!!
Oh most definitely. Call away. But again, the dude I got was so incredibly helpful I would like a notation made to my account that whenever I call in I want to immediately be transfered to him. That good.
Old May 16, 2011, 11:13 pm

Programs: DL, AA, UA, SPG Gold, HH Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
My statement closes on 5/26. I will be paying the bill the day it is made available to me. Will AMEX customer service manually add the 75k points to my account so I can transfer them to Delta before the 50% promo ends?
Old May 17, 2011, 9:50 am

Can these points be transferred to AA miles? (seems no, I just want to confirm)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.