Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

[Targeted]No Fee 1st yr. American Express Gold Card 75,000 Bonus Reward Points Signup

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Targeted]No Fee 1st yr. American Express Gold Card 75,000 Bonus Reward Points Signup

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2011, 9:15 am

Programs: USAirways Gold, Delta Gold, HHonors Gold, MR Gold, *wood Platinum
I've been watching this thread for a while now and I'm pretty sure this hasn't been answered yet: when you guys applied were you already a charge card customer? I called to apply and they told me that since I have the Plat card already I am not eligible for any bonus on this card.
Old May 9, 2011, 12:36 pm

Programs: Marriot Plat Prem, Hyatt Diamond, AA EP
so i got the letter in the mail, and went to the website that it advised where it asked for my reservation number. now it never asked for my bonus number and did not mention the 75k anywhere - but it is all over the mailing i received. should i be worried?
Old May 9, 2011, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by ekardz
so i got the letter in the mail, and went to the website that it advised where it asked for my reservation number. now it never asked for my bonus number and did not mention the 75k anywhere - but it is all over the mailing i received. should i be worried?
I would call AMEX or send a secure message to confirm that you are getting the points just to be safe. You shouldn't have anything to worry about if you have an actual offer and RSVP code.
Old May 9, 2011, 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by philemer
Here's a direct link. YMMV as far as actually getting the 25K MR however.
https://www304.americanexpress.com/p...305-0/0/0/0/n/
other links were kept getting changed from 25k to 10k on 2nd page

but this link worked like charm (first try i got error, 2nd try I got it to work in secret mode)

I applied for 7 CCs since Feb and have BAD experian score due to that, still got approved.

Prolly this will be my last card for few months until I recover credit.
Old May 9, 2011, 7:07 pm

can anyone give me estimate delivery time of this card (I live in NYC)?

it says 7-10 days, but from past experiences I think it took way less than that for other cards.

I need some exact numbers because I'm leaving this country this sunday and will be back in June. I need to take card with me before I leave so I can use the card and get 75k points to transfer to delta with 50% promotion which ends on 5/31 How long did it take for you guys? I hope it arrives on Saturday.
Old May 9, 2011, 7:15 pm

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
Originally Posted by eurekaya
Prolly this will be my last card for few months until I recover credit.
Thanks for the new link. I just applied under the 25K and got approved... My husband applied a couple weeks ago and we emailed MR and they changed him over to the 75K with $500 spend.... he has met the spend so we have been told the 75K will post after first statement (the 26th)...

Now my turn to see if they will match the 75K...

And I told myself I wouldn't apply for ANY more offers this year... yeah right.
Old May 9, 2011, 7:35 pm

Programs: DL, AA, UA, SPG Gold, HH Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Just received and activated my card. Sent a secure message to AMEX. Hopefully I'll get changed to the better offer. My statement closing date is 5/26. Is it possible to get that moved up to an earlier date in order to give me more breathing room? Would you guys/gals recommend that?
Old May 9, 2011, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by greenythebeast
Just received and activated my card.
How long did it take for you to get your card? I still haven't received mine. I fly to Germany tomorrow and will be gone for a couple of weeks.
Old May 9, 2011, 7:43 pm

Programs: Some.
Originally Posted by eurekaya
can anyone give me estimate delivery time of this card (I live in NYC)?

it says 7-10 days, but from past experiences I think it took way less than that for other cards.

I need some exact numbers because I'm leaving this country this sunday and will be back in June. I need to take card with me before I leave so I can use the card and get 75k points to transfer to delta with 50% promotion which ends on 5/31 How long did it take for you guys? I hope it arrives on Saturday.
Call AMEX and ask them to expedite the card to you.
Old May 9, 2011, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by moznmar
How long did it take for you to get your card? I still haven't received mine. I fly to Germany tomorrow and will be gone for a couple of weeks.
I applied for the card last week (mid-week) and got it today. 3-4 business days to Minnesota. Even if you receive the card tomorrow, you'll have little time to get the offer switched don't you think? :/
Old May 9, 2011, 9:22 pm

Programs: WN A-list & CP, Delta GM
it seems no dice for me

After i applied through the 25K link, I sent a secure message to MR and was denied twice. Today after I got the card I called 800-AXP-EARN and was told to call back after the 1st statement. He made a note in my account saying I am requesting ID 5894 instead of ID 4851 and no guarantee.
Old May 9, 2011, 9:38 pm

Programs: AAdvantage - Platinum
Originally Posted by FTnewbie731
Has anyone tried getting a 25k bonus for the Premier Business card?

I signed up 7/2010 and got 50k MR points for $10k spend. Is there a 75k offer code out on the business card?
In December 2010, I got the AMEX Business Gold Rewards card and completed my $10k spend in Jan 2011. 50k points posted in March.

Availed of the Delta Skymiles first time 50% transfer bonus and advanced 15k points in the process. Since I owed MR points, I started charging to this card again and just noticed that on May 7, another 50k MR points bonus was credited to my account. I didn't call or send secure messages. I'm not really sure where this points are coming from and I'm not about to call MR CSR to find out. Looking at my spend summary, it looks like I just completed a total of $20k spend on this card since I got it in Dec. Is it possible that somehow my account is programmed to get credited with 50k points for every $10k spend? I will find out in a couple of months.
Old May 10, 2011, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by RedRiver
Call AMEX and ask them to expedite the card to you.

I don't remember where, but seems I saw this offer would end May 20th. I just applied the card and I want to get the card quickly but they said they would not expedite cards for me because this is my first amex card. They just don't expedite to new account. Do you think calling will be useful? Do I have to get the card to call for switching offer?

Thanks!
Old May 10, 2011, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by JasonZhou
I don't remember where, but seems I saw this offer would end May 20th. I just applied the card and I want to get the card quickly but they said they would not expedite cards for me because this is my first amex card. They just don't expedite to new account. Do you think calling will be useful? Do I have to get the card to call for switching offer?

Thanks!
It seems like calling is having the least amount of luck. It's just my opinion but it seems if you get the overseas CSR to respond you're more likely to get the change. I had luck writing them at 8pm on a Sat. I figured the US office would be closed. I did get the overseas office and they upgraded my offer to 75K points!
Old May 10, 2011, 12:40 pm

So I signed up using the 10k after first purchase link (even though it said 25k after $1000). Sent a message requesting the better offer and the CSR said that she could do that, but only after spending $1000 within 3 months. So it seems even though it said 10k points I was actually signed up for the 25k points offer. Very weird.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.