Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

[Targeted]No Fee 1st yr. American Express Gold Card 75,000 Bonus Reward Points Signup

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Targeted]No Fee 1st yr. American Express Gold Card 75,000 Bonus Reward Points Signup

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2011, 11:37 am

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
thanks

Originally Posted by leonard016
Have you cleared your cookies manually? Worked for me.
Thank you. First time I just cleared Cache , that didn't help. after readiny your post I googled how to clear cookies in Mac. followed instructions.
25,000 point offer came up. I printed it and hit apply now, the application said 10,000 points, but I filled it out, and was approved.
hoping I'll get 25,000, then move up to 75,000 . I'll read the thread some more, and see if this is typical.
If it looks good, I'll do one for mrs. Don't want to waste another app for 10,000.
Old May 3, 2011, 12:30 pm
^_^

Programs: AAvantage Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by ^_^
Card arrived today. Applied through the 25k link.
Sent the secure message. *fingers crossed*
Received an affirmative reply today.
Old May 3, 2011, 12:54 pm

Programs: UA, AA, SPG, HH, Marriott
Originally Posted by aap
I didn't want to roll the dice. It helped that I was already an existing Amex cardholder, so I was able to get my account noted by the Amex MR CSR BEFORE I applied. I just called yesterday to confirm that 75K points will post at the end of this statement cycle.

If you are an existing Amex cardholder, call first and talk to MR Customer Service BEFORE applying.

If you are new to Amex, looks you have no choice, but to apply first and find someone helpful in MR Customer Service afterwards.
So I logged in and sent a secure mail to AMEX asking what I needed to do in order to open a new card with the right bonus id to receive the 75k offer. They said, sorry, it's targetted, can't do it. I don't have and have never had a premier rewards gold card, although I have had a platinum card, spg card, etc. Currently I only have the TE card and a business card.

Next steps? I really only want to apply if there's confirmation that I can receive a bonus greater than the 25k. At the 25k level, I would rather focus on other card churning.
Old May 3, 2011, 1:12 pm

Programs: UA, AA, SPG, HH
Originally Posted by nemloc
So I logged in and sent a secure mail to AMEX asking what I needed to do in order to open a new card with the right bonus id to receive the 75k offer. They said, sorry, it's targetted, can't do it. I don't have and have never had a premier rewards gold card, although I have had a platinum card, spg card, etc. Currently I only have the TE card and a business card.

Next steps? I really only want to apply if there's confirmation that I can receive a bonus greater than the 25k. At the 25k level, I would rather focus on other card churning.
I hate to be that guy but: Did you read the thread at all??? The vast majority of responses have indicated that the general process is to

1. Apply for the 25K offer
2. Email AMEX using the secure message center asking them to match to the 75k offer
3. Cross your fingers

I don't recall anyone receiving confirmation before applying.

By applying for the 25k offer and trying the previously discussed method you accept the risk that AMEX refuses to bump you up to the 75k level (as they have every right to do since it is a targeted promo and you have not been targeted). If you're not willing to accept that risk then don't apply
Old May 3, 2011, 1:15 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium
This whole process worked like a charm. 75K MR points is awesome. Amex has great customer service and this is a great card in its own right. I plan on putting the 30K on it to get the 15K bonus. Think about the 3x airfare points:

3 points per dollar becomes 4.5 points after 15K bonus. Then you can transfer to Delta under 50% bonus for a total of 6.75 points per dollar and also get the 25k MQM. That is amazing.
Old May 3, 2011, 1:21 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
10k to 25k to 75K

Originally Posted by beachmiles
Thank you. First time I just cleared Cache , that didn't help. after readiny your post I googled how to clear cookies in Mac. followed instructions.
25,000 point offer came up. I printed it and hit apply now, the application said 10,000 points, but I filled it out, and was approved.
hoping I'll get 25,000, then move up to 75,000 . I'll read the thread some more, and see if this is typical.
If it looks good, I'll do one for mrs. Don't want to waste another app for 10,000.
Well, it seems the jump from 25K to 75k has been proven doable. Not sure about the jump from 10K to 75K. Any thoughts or experience.
Old May 3, 2011, 1:43 pm
Suspended

Since the link isn't working for 25k and is redirecting to 10k, can't we just apply on the phone? and then secure message for the extra 50k
When calling, it seems they're still offering the 25k.
Old May 3, 2011, 1:43 pm

i tried calling before i applied and they said they cant do that and i have to apply through the solicitation...
Old May 3, 2011, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by rgm18
i tried calling before i applied and they said they cant do that and i have to apply through the solicitation...
calling does not seem to work for most, if not all people.

if you want 75k MR points, you have to bite the bullet and apply using either 10k or 25k links and once approved, send MR-Points Balance a secure email (via Amex) and ask him or her to bump up the bonus points.
Old May 3, 2011, 2:12 pm

Programs: UA, AA, SPG, HH, Marriott
Originally Posted by HoKo
I hate to be that guy but: Did you read the thread at all??? The vast majority of responses have indicated that the general process is to

1. Apply for the 25K offer
2. Email AMEX using the secure message center asking them to match to the 75k offer
3. Cross your fingers

I don't recall anyone receiving confirmation before applying.

By applying for the 25k offer and trying the previously discussed method you accept the risk that AMEX refuses to bump you up to the 75k level (as they have every right to do since it is a targeted promo and you have not been targeted). If you're not willing to accept that risk then don't apply
Thanks for being that guy. I did read the thread and thought I was going down a different path of using the secure message path to request the offer based on the bonus id and reporting that it didn't work. Looking at the last page of responses, it looks like a few others are also looking for more of a 'sure thing'. Sounds like it doesn't exist and each person should make their risk assessment and jump in.
Old May 3, 2011, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by jtmann
calling does not seem to work for most, if not all people.

if you want 75k MR points, you have to bite the bullet and apply using either 10k or 25k links and once approved, send MR-Points Balance a secure email (via Amex) and ask him or her to bump up the bonus points.
Calling (at least after having the card) can definitely work.
Old May 3, 2011, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by jack5432
Since the link isn't working for 25k and is redirecting to 10k, can't we just apply on the phone? and then secure message for the extra 50k
When calling, it seems they're still offering the 25k.
My husband and I did the 10K, and send the secure messages, and got green light to spend $500 to get the 75k.
Old May 3, 2011, 2:38 pm

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
Originally Posted by coco11
My husband and I did the 10K, and send the secure messages, and got green light to spend $500 to get the 75k.
is this AFTER applying and approval --or --AFTER receiving the card??
Old May 3, 2011, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by mrx900
is this AFTER applying and approval --or --AFTER receiving the card??
I applied my over the phone, and approved last week, and got the card on friday and send a secure messages and in 2 hours, got the response and go ahead to spend $500 and email them back and it will be a manual set up for me.

So my husband just went online and applied the 10k, got approved too.
He just send the secure messages right away, and mention about the code that was 75k bonus, and this one take 5 hours, cause he applied on sunday evening and send the secure msg on 7m then got the response back on 12:35am.

FYI, I called last week and verify the promotion with reward center, and send me to phone application. They can do the application for the 75k, of couse I don't have the RSVP number and send me back to reward center, and CRS told me that is ok to apply the 10k, then spending 500 and call them again.
I just send the secure msg, cause I called and got the "NO possible" comment about the deals.

So, told my husband don't bother to call, since I called already, just do online and send a online secure msg.

That is what he did, and all take his 10 min fill up the application, and 10 min to send the secure msg
Old May 3, 2011, 4:09 pm

Can someone confirm if the 25k offer is still valid?

I'm going through the same link everyone else has:

http://www201.americanexpress.com/ge...op-Flyer/40141

The front page says 25k, but when I click on Apply now, the next page says

"Receive 10,000 bonus points with your first purchase"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.