Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

[Targeted]No Fee 1st yr. American Express Gold Card 75,000 Bonus Reward Points Signup

[Targeted]No Fee 1st yr. American Express Gold Card 75,000 Bonus Reward Points Signup

Old May 1, 2011, 1:28 pm
  #166  
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 475
What credit bureau(s) does AMEX use?
greenythebeast is offline  
Old May 1, 2011, 1:50 pm
  #167  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Programs: AA LT Gold
Posts: 33
Applied for the 10K yesterday (before I found this thread) and was instantly approved. After reading this thread this morning, I logged into my AMEX account (already have SPG and Hilton cards) and sent a message asking for the 75K bonus and included the offer#. Within 2 hours of sending my message I got a reply stating that I would get the extra 65K after the $500 spend, for a total of 75K points! So, thanks to all you guys...love this website!!!
kristin0824 is offline  
Old May 1, 2011, 3:14 pm
  #168  
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NYC
Programs: AA, CO, Delta
Posts: 50
Can I apply for this card even though I've just applied for the Delta Gold Amex card 2 weeks ago? Or should I wait?
appl3 is offline  
Old May 1, 2011, 3:16 pm
  #169  
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Programs: Whatever's Cheapest, Accruing Miles, Redeeming for Premium Cabins, Not Chasing Status Unnecessarily
Posts: 2,264
Originally Posted by greenythebeast
What credit bureau(s) does AMEX use?
I checked my credit report for free thru the amex web site and it gave me an experian credit report. Not sure if that's what they use 100%
aubreyfromwheaton is offline  
Old May 1, 2011, 3:19 pm
  #170  
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: DFW
Posts: 192
I dont know where i would be if its not for flyertalk. I had the 25k promotion and got the card in NOV 2010 and after reading this thread i sent an email first rep was not that kind but i persisted with a followup email and finally they have credited my account with additional 50k points Thanks guys and cheers
saatx is offline  
Old May 1, 2011, 4:11 pm
  #171  
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: MSP
Programs: DL, BA, AA
Posts: 270
Originally Posted by jperiod
I went thru the points guy's blog...
http://thepointsguy.com/2011/01/2500...al-fee-waived/
Also went through this blog and link to get the 25,000.
worldtravels is offline  
Old May 1, 2011, 4:32 pm
  #172  
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chicago
Programs: Mileage Plus, Rapid Rewards
Posts: 949
To those of you who sent a secure email to Amex successfully, what "subject" did you list?
CMHFlyerOH is offline  
Old May 1, 2011, 5:39 pm
  #173  
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Carlsbad,CA USA
Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Posts: 1,549
I just received an offer of 50,000 bonus miles with $5,000 spend by August for the Buisness Gold Rewards Card. Previously I had the AMX Rewards Plus Gold Card and got bonus miles for that. I was wondering if I would be eligible for this offer.

I am finishing up the spending I need for the Citibank American Express for the 100,000 Aadvantage miles so not 100% sure I would get the required spending in.
holocker is offline  
Old May 1, 2011, 6:30 pm
  #174  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 169
Originally Posted by kristin0824
Applied for the 10K yesterday (before I found this thread) and was instantly approved. After reading this thread this morning, I logged into my AMEX account (already have SPG and Hilton cards) and sent a message asking for the 75K bonus and included the offer#. Within 2 hours of sending my message I got a reply stating that I would get the extra 65K after the $500 spend, for a total of 75K points! So, thanks to all you guys...love this website!!!
Since you just applied it, I assume you don't have the card number yet, but reference number.
When you sent a secure message, did you use one of you current card to start a new compose to membership reward center?

My husband just applied one and get approved and he sent a secure Msg TRU his Amex login and after 2 hours and still no response, he did include his red number since the new account has not showed in the Amex account yet.

Thanks
Coco
coco11 is offline  
Old May 1, 2011, 6:32 pm
  #175  
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 67
Originally Posted by DoubleJ
I sent a secure message and was turned downed with the reason that this offer is for non-cardmembers only. (I do not have a Premier Rewards Gold card, but have other AMEX cards.)
I would try again. I have Amex Greencard (downgraded from Platinum/Gold), Delta Amex, Blue cash card, etc. and I was able to secure Amex Gold Rewards card.

Calling seems to result in rejections (I got turned down twice) so following one of the poster's suggestions, I signed up, then emailed Membership Rewards and politely asked for a bump in MR.

One of the reps approved additional MR points (and I have met my $1k spend - not coin or gift cards) so hopefully I will get them.
jtmann is offline  
Old May 2, 2011, 5:04 am
  #176  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 169
Originally Posted by coco11
Since you just applied it, I assume you don't have the card number yet, but reference number.
When you sent a secure message, did you use one of you current card to start a new compose to membership reward center?

My husband just applied one and get approved and he sent a secure Msg TRU his Amex login and after 2 hours and still no response, he did include his red number since the new account has not showed in the Amex account yet.

Thanks
Coco
Just checked the email and see the response back on 12:30am.
I assumed that is no one working on sunday between 7pm till midnight.
Yes, was told the acccount has been update to the 75k bonus.
Once met the $500 dollar requirement and 75k bonus will be added to the account.

FYI, we applied the 10k bonus and ask for the 75k bonus.
We were thinking to use the 25k link, but it needs to meet the $1000 requirement. to get extra 50k.

I see many of us got the deals, and sending the secure message seems work easily, but calling is hardly to get it. I tried for 30 min call just spoke with someone and transferred me back and fort to between department. and tell me that is "NO POSSIBLE" to get the bonus since I already got the 10k bonus application.
coco11 is offline  
Old May 2, 2011, 10:32 am
  #177  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 79
Easiest 150,000 ever

Data point
My wife and I did the 25000 in October, spent requirement and received points in Feb. After reading this thread this morning I sent a secure message on both accounts. I basically said that I messed up and applied for the wrong promotion and meant to apply for #5894. Both of us had 50000 posted to our accounts before noon.
It's been a good spring, Two BA cards for 200k and now 150k in our AMEX accounts.
Love this site...
scoobaboy is offline  
Old May 2, 2011, 11:59 am
  #178  
jk2
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,518
Originally Posted by scoobaboy
Data point
My wife and I did the 25000 in October, spent requirement and received points in Feb. After reading this thread this morning I sent a secure message on both accounts. I basically said that I messed up and applied for the wrong promotion and meant to apply for #5894. Both of us had 50000 posted to our accounts before noon.
It's been a good spring, Two BA cards for 200k and now 150k in our AMEX accounts.
Love this site...
can you post your message to AMEX? I also got the card in October and wrote twice AMEX asking to match a current offer but AMEX's rep wrote me back "NO" twice.
jk2 is offline  
Old May 2, 2011, 12:28 pm
  #179  
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 100
Shot down at the first try

Good afternoon XXX,

I will be glad to assist you with your inquiry.

In order to receive the 75,000 points you would have received a solicitation via direct mail. If you have received a solicitation please fax a copy to YYY Attn: ZZZ. Once I receive the information I will note your account with the offer.
thehimalayas is offline  
Old May 2, 2011, 1:22 pm
  #180  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 79
Originally Posted by jk2
can you post your message to AMEX? I also got the card in October and wrote twice AMEX asking to match a current offer but AMEX's rep wrote me back "NO" twice.
Message
I recently applied for and received this card under the offer 25000 points. After meeting the spending requirement and receiving my points I find out I should have in fact applied for offer #5894 for 75000 points. Can you offer any assistance in correcting this so I can receive my additional 50000 points. thank you for any help you can provide.

Reply
Thank you for your email.
Mr. Blank, the Bonus ID of 5894 was not available when you received your Card on 10/30/2010; therefore, you are not eligible to earn bonus points under this offer.
I have reviewed your account and see that we have issued 25,000 bonus points to your program account on 02/04/2011 for acquiring the Premier Rewards Gold Card and spending promotion.
But, I have made an exception to issue 50,000 bonus points to your program account on today!
Your current available balance is 64,040 points.

If you receive another offer in the future; you will need to respond directly to that offer; either by mail or email, in which a new Card will be issued if approved, and you must follow the terms of that offer in order to earn the bonus points associated with that Bonus ID.

Have a great day!
scoobaboy is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.