Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

[Targeted]No Fee 1st yr. American Express Gold Card 75,000 Bonus Reward Points Signup

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Targeted]No Fee 1st yr. American Express Gold Card 75,000 Bonus Reward Points Signup

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2011, 10:14 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, BA, CO, UA, US, B6, DL, Amex MR, HH
Originally Posted by NVGuy36
How do you get the 25k MQM? Also, the only DL promo I know of provides only 25% bonus on transfers under 100k then 40% bonus for anything over 100k MR points. Is this a targeted promo?

Thanks!
http://dmn.delta.com/offers/getmore/
Old May 4, 2011, 10:28 pm

Programs: DL FO, HHonors Gold, MR Gold, ICH Plat, National EC
Thanks for the link!

I found it just after I posted my previous inquiry. However, I'm wondering if I'm registered for both promos (the 50% one and the one I outlined) how they determine which one you should benefit since both say they cannot be combined with other offers.

This will be my first transfer from my wife's AmEx account of which I'm an authorized user Already got my DL account linked in the MR website...just waiting on those 75k points to post so I can transfer

Question: Does anyone know how to circumvent that crazy excise tax AmEx charges for the transfer? Looks like 75k points will cost me $45 to transfer? Any possibility of having that waived?

Peace!
Old May 4, 2011, 11:33 pm

Programs: DL GM
Applied and approved, waiting on the card. If all goes well and the message works and the points added, I will follow up with the good news. Then wait a bit and on to more AMEX cards.
Old May 5, 2011, 1:30 am

Programs: AMEX Gold MR into Avios, MileagePlus; AAdvantage; Skypesos
Originally Posted by dinosims
I would need that in a CO Onepass version, thank you
Old May 5, 2011, 7:04 am

Another data point: I signed up through thepointsguy link and was approved instantly. I immediately sent a secure message to Amex, and received this response about 10 hours later:

"Your Membership Rewards account has not yet been completely opened. Write back to us once the 25,000 bonus points are credited to your account. We will link the bonus ID 5894 to your account and issue the balance 50,000 bonus points to your account at that time.

I hope this is to your satisfaction."

Wahoo! Thanks to all who contributed to getting this deal.
Old May 5, 2011, 7:51 am

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
Thanks for the link!

This will be my first transfer from my wife's AmEx account of which I'm an authorized user Already got my DL account linked in the MR website...just waiting on those 75k points to post so I can transfer
!
I have a question in regards to transfers... the 75k we are getting won't post till our statement runs (per their rep). I was planning on transferring 60K to my husband's Continental account (the membership rewards acct is under his name) and then I was wondering if I could transfer the 15K to my OnePass account since I am an authorized user? Your response indicated this might be possible....that would be awesome because I need about 20K more for a ticket and the 15k would really help out towards that goal...
Old May 5, 2011, 12:37 pm

Applied for 50K, got the OK for 75K

Yay and thanks. I applied on the phone and the agent looked up offers associated with my name and address. They found a 50K offer but not the 75K offer.

I wrote a secure message after getting the card (applied Thursday, got it Monday!)

Hello Mr. kdjk5467,

Thank you for your email and welcome to the American Express family.

Mr. kdjk5467, I am happy to advise you that your new Premier Rewards Gold Account is eligible for the full 75,000 bonus point offer.

As your original offer was for 50,000 bonus points, I will not interfere with that offer. Those 50,000 bonus points will still be awarded once you satisfy the $500 spending criteria.

In the meantime, I have manually awarded your account with the additional 25,000 bonus points immediately. These bonus points will not become available to use however, until you have spent the $500 necessary to activate the original 50,000 bonus point offer.

In other words, once you meet the $500 spending criteria, you will not only receive the 50,000 bonus points, but the additional 25,000 points as well for a total of 75,000 bonus points.

Those bonus points would then become available for use approximately 7-10 days after the statement closing date which confirms that you have you submitted your payment.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again, or if you prefer, you can call us at 1-800-AXP-EARN (297-3276), 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 a.m. ET (Monday - Friday) and 10 a.m. - 6:30 p.m. ET (Saturday and Sunday).

We appreciate your membership and look forward to many more years of providing you with excellent customer care.
Sincerely, Awesome Dude Email Servicing Team American Express Interactive Services

Now on to the research as to the best bang for the point.
Old May 5, 2011, 12:47 pm

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
Originally Posted by kdjk5467
Yay and thanks. I applied on the phone and the agent looked up offers associated with my name and address. They found a 50K offer but not the 75K offer.

I wrote a secure message after getting the card (applied Thursday, got it Monday!)

Hello Mr. kdjk5467,

Thank you for your email and welcome to the American Express family.

Mr. kdjk5467, I am happy to advise you that your new Premier Rewards Gold Account is eligible for the full 75,000 bonus point offer.

As your original offer was for 50,000 bonus points, I will not interfere with that offer. Those 50,000 bonus points will still be awarded once you satisfy the $500 spending criteria.

In the meantime, I have manually awarded your account with the additional 25,000 bonus points immediately. These bonus points will not become available to use however, until you have spent the $500 necessary to activate the original 50,000 bonus point offer.

In other words, once you meet the $500 spending criteria, you will not only receive the 50,000 bonus points, but the additional 25,000 points as well for a total of 75,000 bonus points.

Those bonus points would then become available for use approximately 7-10 days after the statement closing date which confirms that you have you submitted your payment.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again, or if you prefer, you can call us at 1-800-AXP-EARN (297-3276), 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 a.m. ET (Monday - Friday) and 10 a.m. - 6:30 p.m. ET (Saturday and Sunday).

We appreciate your membership and look forward to many more years of providing you with excellent customer care.
Sincerely, Awesome Dude Email Servicing Team American Express Interactive Services

Now on to the research as to the best bang for the point.
was it a South Asian representative or someone from the North American service center?? That seems to make a difference I noticed...
Old May 5, 2011, 1:36 pm

I truly appreciate the helpful guidance everyone here has been providing.

I just applied with the 10k option, since I was unable to get the link for 25k to work no matter how many times I cleared my cookies. I even tried IE, Firefox and Chrome.

Apparently I misunderstood something while reading this thread. I see some people sent a message as soon as their application was approved. How may I gain access to AMEX secure messaging? Do I have to wait for the card to arrive or is there a way to access it before then?

Thanks.

Last edited by moznmar; May 5, 2011 at 3:02 pm
Old May 5, 2011, 2:17 pm

Programs: AA, AS, BA, UA, HH, Hyatt
75k X 2!

I applied for the 25k on Sunday and was instantly approved. Decided to chance it for my spouse (even though recently turned down for C1) and got a another instant approval! I haven't received the cards yet, but sent 2 secure messages yesterday and received 2 positive responses today!!! Wow, can't believe how easy I scored 150,000 MR points! Way to go AMEX!
Old May 5, 2011, 2:22 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Thanks for the link!

I found it just after I posted my previous inquiry. However, I'm wondering if I'm registered for both promos (the 50% one and the one I outlined) how they determine which one you should benefit since both say they cannot be combined with other offers.

Question: Does anyone know how to circumvent that crazy excise tax AmEx charges for the transfer? Looks like 75k points will cost me $45 to transfer? Any possibility of having that waived?

Peace!
Note that this is a DELTA promo and it stipulates it only applies to first-time MR transfers. Therefore, if you've transferred MRs into your DL account previously, you will not receive the 50% bonus nor the 25000 MQMs.

No way around the excise tax to my knowledge. But is $45 too much to pay for an additional 37.5K miles and 25K MQMs?
Old May 5, 2011, 7:07 pm

Programs: DL FO, HHonors Gold, MR Gold, ICH Plat, National EC
Originally Posted by sargenet
I have a question in regards to transfers... the 75k we are getting won't post till our statement runs (per their rep). I was planning on transferring 60K to my husband's Continental account (the membership rewards acct is under his name) and then I was wondering if I could transfer the 15K to my OnePass account since I am an authorized user? Your response indicated this might be possible....that would be awesome because I need about 20K more for a ticket and the 15k would really help out towards that goal...
As long as you're an authorized user, just link your count on his MR site. It states the terms in the explanation as you move through the process of linking the account.

Peace!
Old May 5, 2011, 7:28 pm

Programs: DL, AA, UA, SPG Gold, HH Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Hopefully I get my card in time so I can take advantage of the Delta deal
Old May 5, 2011, 7:34 pm

Programs: Some.
Originally Posted by moznmar
I truly appreciate the helpful guidance everyone here has been providing.

I just applied with the 10k option, since I was unable to get the link for 25k to work no matter how many times I cleared my cookies. I even tried IE, Firefox and Chrome.

Apparently I misunderstood something while reading this thread. I see some people sent a message as soon as their application was approved. How may I gain access to AMEX secure messaging? Do I have to wait for the card to arrive or is there a way to access it before then?

Thanks.
If you already have AMEX cards, you can send it through your online account. If you don't, you'll have to wait.
Old May 5, 2011, 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by greenythebeast
Hopefully I get my card in time so I can take advantage of the Delta deal
Anyone know how long it will take to transfer to Delta account? I was told my account statement end 5/16 and should I have enough time to get the points appear on my account to tranfer to Delta?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.