FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Targeted]No Fee 1st yr. American Express Gold Card 75,000 Bonus Reward Points Signup
Old May 3, 2011, 2:12 pm
nemloc

Programs: UA, AA, SPG, HH, Marriott
Originally Posted by HoKo
I hate to be that guy but: Did you read the thread at all??? The vast majority of responses have indicated that the general process is to

1. Apply for the 25K offer
2. Email AMEX using the secure message center asking them to match to the 75k offer
3. Cross your fingers

I don't recall anyone receiving confirmation before applying.

By applying for the 25k offer and trying the previously discussed method you accept the risk that AMEX refuses to bump you up to the 75k level (as they have every right to do since it is a targeted promo and you have not been targeted). If you're not willing to accept that risk then don't apply
Thanks for being that guy. I did read the thread and thought I was going down a different path of using the secure message path to request the offer based on the bonus id and reporting that it didn't work. Looking at the last page of responses, it looks like a few others are also looking for more of a 'sure thing'. Sounds like it doesn't exist and each person should make their risk assessment and jump in.