Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

[Targeted]No Fee 1st yr. American Express Gold Card 75,000 Bonus Reward Points Signup

[Targeted]No Fee 1st yr. American Express Gold Card 75,000 Bonus Reward Points Signup

Old May 11, 2011, 1:30 pm
  #316  
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NYC
Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat
Posts: 1,138
Originally Posted by Frinkiac7
Second time's the charm...
Was your second request worded differently in any way? Would you mind pasting the email?

Thanks.
Quasiconvexity is offline  
Old May 11, 2011, 2:03 pm
  #317  
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: CA
Posts: 1,347
just applied via 25k miles link
will update on status once i get the card
kaiotes is offline  
Old May 11, 2011, 4:51 pm
  #318  
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: DEN,SJC,SFO
Programs: HHonors Diamond, United 1K, Emerald Club Elite Exec
Posts: 121
Thankyou

Just want to say thankyou to this Thread. I was able to call in today and get the Promo applied to my card I signed up for end of April. Nice lady she had to put me on hold a few times but was able to get it done and was really looking out for me. Really thankful for this thread the extra 75k now added to my account puts me over the 150k points. Time to start shopping
jsonman is offline  
Old May 11, 2011, 6:00 pm
  #319  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: LAX
Posts: 2,851
Thanks very much Frinkiac7
metoo is offline  
Old May 12, 2011, 4:36 pm
  #320  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 96
Does Amex allow you to have multiple premier rewards gold cards? If so, is there a certain amount of time you need to wait before reapplying? I signed up last month and got them to match the 75k offer via secure mail. Today I got the 75k offer in the mail so am thinking of applying again in June before it expires.
bksmm is offline  
Old May 12, 2011, 11:35 pm
  #321  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: LYH
Programs: USAirways Gold, Delta Gold, HHonors Gold, MR Gold, *wood Platinum
Posts: 28
Originally Posted by bksmm
Does Amex allow you to have multiple premier rewards gold cards? If so, is there a certain amount of time you need to wait before reapplying? I signed up last month and got them to match the 75k offer via secure mail. Today I got the 75k offer in the mail so am thinking of applying again in June before it expires.
What's the Bonus ID for the offer you received in the mail?
o2bnzhongguo is offline  
Old May 13, 2011, 12:53 am
  #322  
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 475
The offer is not applicable to current charge card holders.
greenythebeast is offline  
Old May 13, 2011, 7:31 am
  #323  
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: CHS
Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Posts: 1,146
1 for 2

Won one ( Mr ) , lost one ( Mrs ). Better chance with overseas csr
beachmiles is online now  
Old May 13, 2011, 7:44 am
  #324  
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 67
Originally Posted by greenythebeast
The offer is not applicable to current charge card holders.
not true, at least in my case.

i have amex green card (have had platinum and gold in the past), and applied for and received amex gold rewards card.

2 calls got rejected; 1 secure email (once i received the card) approved my offer from 25k to 75k after $1000 spend
jtmann is offline  
Old May 13, 2011, 8:23 am
  #325  
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Texas
Programs: HHonorsDiamond
Posts: 665
Originally Posted by beachmiles
Won one ( Mr ) , lost one ( Mrs ). Better chance with overseas csr
Did you try to go back and ask for the newly advertised 50K bonus someone posted about? The one with the 2 year no fee? If I get denied for the 75K once I get my card I am going to try for the 50K...it isn't targeted so I don't know why they would deny it. I only have a Hilton Am Ex so I should qualify....
sargenet is offline  
Old May 13, 2011, 9:24 am
  #326  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: ORD
Programs: AA G; TK E; HH D
Posts: 471
Well, I signed up via the 10,000 offer, got accepted to the 75,000. But, the 65k shows as pending and the 10k will not be pending until 1,000 spend. Anyone else have the same issue - how to change pending to available?
Plainsman is offline  
Old May 13, 2011, 9:38 am
  #327  
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: US, CA, HK
Programs: UNITED 1P
Posts: 508
Originally Posted by sargenet
Did you try to go back and ask for the newly advertised 50K bonus someone posted about? The one with the 2 year no fee? If I get denied for the 75K once I get my card I am going to try for the 50K...it isn't targeted so I don't know why they would deny it. I only have a Hilton Am Ex so I should qualify....
I asked AMEX for the expiry date of that 50k offer and was told it's may 11th so it's already over.
nanirina is offline  
Old May 13, 2011, 9:52 am
  #328  
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Beaufort, SC
Programs: Delta, Alaska Air, & BA
Posts: 535
I applied Tuesday for the 1 year no fee & 15k bonus offer. I saw the post this morning about the 2 year no fee & 50k bonus so I called MR. I got an awesome CSR who said that she would not only put a note in my account but she would call me in 4 weeks to make sure I get the 50k bonus points. She then asked for the promo code and I gave it to her. I told her I should have given her the 75k bonus code I saw online. She told me to give her that number and she would make sure I got 75k bonus points. I thanked her and had her transfer me to a supervisor so I could tell them what a great job she did.
Pulley is offline  
Old May 13, 2011, 9:55 am
  #329  
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 12
Originally Posted by Pulley
I applied Tuesday for the 1 year no fee & 15k bonus offer. I saw the post this morning about the 2 year no fee & 50k bonus so I called MR. I got an awesome CSR who said that she would not only put a note in my account but she would call me in 4 weeks to make sure I get the 50k bonus points. She then asked for the promo code and I gave it to her. I told her I should have given her the 75k bonus code I saw online. She told me to give her that number and she would make sure I got 75k bonus points. I thanked her and had her transfer me to a supervisor so I could tell them what a great job she did.
You are so lucky! Do you remember the extend number of her? How many years fee are waived finally?

I just applied two days ago and I think I have to wait until I get the card.
JasonZhou is offline  
Old May 13, 2011, 10:17 am
  #330  
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: ORD
Programs: AA, United, BA, Delta, MR, SPG, PC
Posts: 190
Did this exercise for Mrs. AsanteSana, and that got approved too. 50000 points instantly deposited into account. 2/2. woo hoo!
AsanteSana is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.