Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

[Targeted]No Fee 1st yr. American Express Gold Card 75,000 Bonus Reward Points Signup

[Targeted]No Fee 1st yr. American Express Gold Card 75,000 Bonus Reward Points Signup

Old May 29, 2011, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by abcx
the super had approved an additional 65k to be applied to my account!
That's great!

Originally Posted by abcx
Now I just have to do this for another card where I signed up with the 50k columbia link...
You applied for 2 cards?
Old May 30, 2011, 12:32 am

Originally Posted by bosboy73
That's great!
You applied for 2 cards?
Dad and me.
Old May 31, 2011, 8:33 am

i applied for me with 10k offer then called MR got shot down, then after 5min called again got somebody in jacksonville,NC, she applied to the account can already see in my acct as pending, then called for my dad card (we applied at the same time) got somebody in toronto she said she will post a note in the account

everything was easy, i would say keep calling somebody will except it.

when i called for my dad's card i told them i wrote the offer code and would apply for it later and when i went to apply my dog ate the mail but i have the offer code.
Old May 31, 2011, 9:48 am
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by masti852003
......my dog ate the mail but i have the offer code.
I was under an impression that dogs only like the homework but I guess they like the CC offers too.
Old May 31, 2011, 10:12 am

Hello,

I was looking for the link to apply for the Amex card under 10k bonus and then try to upgrade to 75k...

Can someone help on where can i find the link to apply for it?
Old May 31, 2011, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by sabcoolin
Hello,

I was looking for the link to apply for the Amex card under 10k bonus and then try to upgrade to 75k...

Can someone help on where can i find the link to apply for it?

just go to their website and apply thats what i did
Old May 31, 2011, 11:42 am

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by diclemeg
"Legal items"... which consists of two paid state tax liens, that were actually filed in error, and has been taking a long time to remove. However, they were fully paid. I guess they disregard that when they want my $450 for the platinum. I let Amex even know, what they are looking at, while the application was in limbo. I may cancel my platinum now, Im so pissed.
I have just been through this exact experience for both myself and Mrs MA. Here is what you have to do. Call 1-866-314-0237 and get application status and then get yourself through to an agent. Tell them you want the application reconsidered. You will then be given a fax number to send your support. Also ask them for an application reference. It is critical you reference this in the fax you send. In the fax say that you have great credit, already a platinum member etc and enclose a copy of the state tax judgement satisfaction. They will tell you it takes 7-10 days for the fax to be received and processed by their "Media" department. They are not kidding! It will take that long. But at some point they will pick it up and likely approve you. Repeat for your wife

I did not put the reference no on the first fax as I didn't have it. That was 10 days lost. The fax was never recorded.

You can check the status just by googling "american express application status" take first link enter ssn and zip code. Once they receive the fax you will see the app status change from "declined" to "in progress" and then hopefully at some point "approved".

not sure how long ago your tax lien once ours was 15 months and we seem to be back in the game now with a slew of new amex, citi and chase cards in the past month or two.

Last edited by ma91pmh; May 31, 2011 at 11:52 am
Old May 31, 2011, 4:35 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, AA, USair, United, Amex MR, ICHC, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by ma91pmh
I have just been through this exact experience for both myself and Mrs MA. Here is what you have to do.

You can check the status just by googling "american express application status" take first link enter ssn and zip code. Once they receive the fax you will see the app status change from "declined" to "in progress" and then hopefully at some point "approved".

not sure how long ago your tax lien once ours was 15 months and we seem to be back in the game now with a slew of new amex, citi and chase cards in the past month or two.
you tax lien was a real one that was paid off 15 months ago, and they took it off your report? or you just were able to get reconsidered?
Old May 31, 2011, 5:33 pm

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by metallim
you tax lien was a real one that was paid off 15 months ago, and they took it off your report? or you just were able to get reconsidered?
no it is still on the report, and sadly it is real though i got into a debate with ny state about it's vailidity as while i did not argue with the amount they never gave me notice. anyway that is beside the point, all 3 bureaus show the judgement, it's for $750 or so, and on both me and mrs ma's report. and in the last two months we have gotten amex plat, amex biz gold rewards, chase saphire, chase ba, chase co, citi aa and am hoping we can finish off with amex prg for me (already have one for mrs ma). all required reconsideration except the chase ba which got automatically approved (not instant, but without appeal). oh and we re'fi'd our $700k mortgage to under 4%.

in talking to credit officer at my bank when doing the mortgage he said that a huge amount of people have small judgements primarily for unpaid medical bills that go to collection. so it seems a small judgement - one off - while hampering your credit does not necessarily destroy it, as long as the rest of the story is good
Old Jun 1, 2011, 11:22 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold
Success with Bonus ID# 5894

Number called: 1-800-297-3276 @ Wednesday 12pm EST
Attempts: 2

Attempt 1 = "Hello, I would like to apply bonus offer #5894 to my account". CSR found ID #5894, read the terms pretty much line by line and asked me if I received something in the mail. I said "no" and that I read about the offer online and subsequently the CSR couldn't proceed. (upon hindsight, probably should have said "yes")

Attempt 2 = Same opening statement, CSR asked if it was the 75k / $500 spend / 1 year annual fee waived offer. I said "yes" in the most polite tone possible, and the CSR asked to put me on hold. no more than 2 mins later, Katy returns and says that she has gone ahead and noted my account for this offer (CHEER!). I ask her if there is any way to expedite the points if I meet the $500 quota right away (since I already missed the +50% + MQM special, I'm trying to at least get the 6/30 Delta +25~40% transfer bonus deadline), and she put me on hold again to ask her super. Response was that the system isn't able to expedite the points right now, but she welcomed me to call in after the $500 quota was met.

2 mins later, I go online and activate the card. ^

All in all, can't complain... got the 75k offer. Now, does anyone have suggestion as to the most economical way to get another 25k so I can meet the 100k minimum needed for the Delta +40% transfer bonus?
Old Jun 1, 2011, 12:33 pm

Programs: Curr Noob, Ex Road Warrior
When you talk to the CSR and they agree to post the points and say it will take 6-8 weeks for them to be posted, is it really taking that long for the points to appear in your account?
Old Jun 1, 2011, 7:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
I got this offer with a $2000 spend within 3 months instead of $500. I wonder if I can call in to ask for the lower spending requirement.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 7:28 pm

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
Originally Posted by Time traveller
I got this offer with a $2000 spend within 3 months instead of $500. I wonder if I can call in to ask for the lower spending requirement.
well doesn't hurt to try
Old Jun 2, 2011, 10:00 am

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Success with ID 5894

3 Attemps:

Attempt 1: sent a secure message via online account asking for ID 5894 to be applied to my account since "I have just activated my card and learned that there is a better offer code." Got shot down within 24 hours.

Attempt 2: called AMEX and asked for offer code 5889 (since I thought I had a better shot of getting 50,000 miles this time). I also didn't know that this was the Columbia grad offer at the time...but the lady on the phone said that there was a $500 spend requirement and to call back after meeting the requirement. She did not mention anything about 5889 being a targeted offer...

Attempt 3: called AMEX at 1-800-297-3276 and spoke to a representative. I told her, I think her name was "Luverne", that I had called previously about applying offer code 5894 (even though I had actually called to ask for 5889) to my account. She put me on hold while looking at the offer code and my account. Within a minute she said that the points should post within 6-8 weeks of meeting my spend requirement, which would be recorded when the account period closes (in a few days). I've also heard that the points post immediately when the spend requirement is met, i.e. when the qualifying charge posts to the account. We'll see.

My advice would be to meet the spend requirement and then either send a secure message or call the number above to kindly ask for the bonus. If it doesn't work, wait a few days and try again

Last edited by indiansfan07; Jun 2, 2011 at 10:15 am
Old Jun 2, 2011, 11:35 am

even when you spend the $500 dont expect the points to happen on their own, youll still need to call back and get them to manually add them after it's been 6-8 weeks and they havent posted.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.