Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

[Targeted]No Fee 1st yr. American Express Gold Card 75,000 Bonus Reward Points Signup

[Targeted]No Fee 1st yr. American Express Gold Card 75,000 Bonus Reward Points Signup

Old Jun 10, 2011, 1:09 pm

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
Originally Posted by phantomtiger
Wow, you are really trying to push it to the max. I would've been happy with the bonus miles and 1st year free^
Since others have mention that CS records and notes everything, perhaps its best to just settle with all you have already gained and stay under their radar--IMO
your probably right...i'll probably just hang loose for a couple of months..but if i see some better codes coming up I might try and ask for them..seems like people been doing that like 6-7 months after they signed up and they are getting them...
Old Jun 10, 2011, 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by Henry82
Alternatively, just ask for the offer by the terms: "75k MR points after $500 spend with 1st year fee waived". If you happen to get a smart and friendly CSR, they'll look up the bonus offer code for you.
I signed my wife and myself up for the 25,000 point gold card offer in late May (don't recall the exact date), and today before activating them called 1-800-297-3276 and told the CSR that I'd heard about a better offer. This was around 5pm EST, Friday, and she sounded American. She asked for the specific offer code, and when I told her #5894 she immediately bumped me and my wife up to the 75,000 point promotion. It was easy, but I think you should have the code when you call in.
Old Jun 11, 2011, 8:32 am

1. Signed up for 25K offer last week
2. Waited for card to arrive. Called 1-800-297-3276 and talked to CSR Anna . "Hi, I've recently applied for a MRC, it has arrived but I just learned of a better offer out there and was wondering if you could kindly apply it to my account". She replied sure whats the offer #.. I said - "5894" ... She put me on hold and 2 minutes later confirmed that she bumping my account with extra 50K miles and $500 spending limit offer.
3. That was easy.. Thanks FT!
Old Jun 11, 2011, 4:20 pm

[QUOTE=Andy-P;165407507. It was easy, but I think you should have the code when you call in.[/QUOTE]

Yes, fully agree as my previous post suggested that without the code in hand you could be in for a rough time if the CS rep on the other end is not very helpful and think you could be in this to scam them for the extra miles. Remember this is suppose to be a "targeted offer only" and they could easily deny anyone . This had happen to me in the past with another card (don't think it was an Amex though).
Old Jun 12, 2011, 6:18 am

Woo, I'm in, was initially part signed up for the 10,000.

I am glad to inform you that I have now manually applied bonus id 5894 to your account which is 75,000 bonus points after $500 in Card spending within first 3 months.

You can simply reply to this email after 6 - 8 weeks from the date $500 spending is complete and I will manually issue the remaining 65,000 bonus points under bonus id 5894 to your account at that time.

I see that you completed the spend of $500 on 06/10/11, therefore, you may contact us on or around 08/10/11.

I have also made a note on your account so that when you contact us later, these points can be issued to your account without any delay.

I hope I was able to assist you appropriately. If there is any other way in which we may be of assistance, please contact us.
Old Jun 12, 2011, 10:44 am

Programs: UA, AA, SPG
Question

Hi all.

Long timer lurker, new poster.

I've read through this thread, but I'm a little confused. It seems like a lot of people using the 5894 code are applying it retroactively.

If someone (who wasn't targeted) wants to sign up TODAY, what's the recommended procedure? Can I use that code while signing up? Or do I need to sign up with a lesser reward and then have the 75k bonus credited to my account by calling a CSR?

Thanks.
Old Jun 12, 2011, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by incognitius
Hi all.

Long timer lurker, new poster.

I've read through this thread, but I'm a little confused. It seems like a lot of people using the 5894 code are applying it retroactively.

If someone (who wasn't targeted) wants to sign up TODAY, what's the recommended procedure? Can I use that code while signing up? Or do I need to sign up with a lesser reward and then have the 75k bonus credited to my account by calling a CSR?

Thanks.
You can go through the steps I outlined few posts earlier.. worked for me..
Old Jun 12, 2011, 2:35 pm

Late to the party, but heck, only costs an inquiry. Called applications first just to confirm that I didn't have any good offers associated with my name and address, then declined to apply for the 10K. Couldn't find the 25K offer anymore, applied through a 15K offer on Frugal Guy's site, instant approval. Will do the secure message route when it arrives. Here's hoping the switches to 5894 continue until then..
Old Jun 12, 2011, 2:58 pm

which card?

sorry if this has been asked/answered already. have been unable to find the post if it has.

which Amex card is associated with this offer? is it the platinum, premier rewards gold, green card, or gold card?

thank you.
Old Jun 12, 2011, 3:07 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by ridge4
Couldn't find the 25K offer anymore, applied through a 15K offer on Frugal Guy's site, instant approval.
Yes, that offer on my website below (the last place that it existed) was changed by Americam Express to 15K on 6/7/2011 (with no notice to me, of course.) Still, 15K is better than the 10K they are advertising on TV. You can find it on any Amex affiliate website.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 12:50 am

Thanks for the tips FTers. got it on the second phone call, don't mention friend got an offer, just say your in a car and can't get to RSVP #. thanks to FT and AMEX.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 2:16 pm

Programs: DL FO
Originally Posted by Andy-P
I signed my wife and myself up for the 25,000 point gold card offer in late May (don't recall the exact date), and today before activating them called 1-800-297-3276 and told the CSR that I'd heard about a better offer. This was around 5pm EST, Friday, and she sounded American. She asked for the specific offer code, and when I told her #5894 she immediately bumped me and my wife up to the 75,000 point promotion. It was easy, but I think you should have the code when you call in.

This is exactly the same thing that i did with my wife today. Applied for it for her a week or two ago. The card came in today and asked for the better offer while activating, they put her on hold for a minute or two and came back and said it was approved.

I might buy a $500 gift card with her card tonight to get the spend met. I would like to get her points before the 40% transfer to BA expires. Between the points I already have and what she will have after the transfer bonus is applied. We are going to book a trip to Europe on BA in F. Isn't the credit card game fun? Two first class tickets to Europe for the price of 2 credit pulls and some YQ. Couldn't be happier.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 3:24 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by pgary
Yes, that offer on my website below (the last place that it existed) was changed by Americam Express to 15K on 6/7/2011 (with no notice to me, of course.) Still, 15K is better than the 10K they are advertising on TV. You can find it on any Amex affiliate website.

The 25k with $1000 spent in 3 months is still ongoing so no need to get short change with the 10k or 15k applications--although I think even with these 2 offers its still $1000 spent (before the promo code).
Old Jun 13, 2011, 3:37 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
can i do this if i already have an platinum amex?
Old Jun 13, 2011, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by freezone
The 25k with $1000 spent in 3 months is still ongoing so no need to get short change with the 10k or 15k applications--although I think even with these 2 offers its still $1000 spent (before the promo code).
+1. In fact I just saw a banner ad offering 25K for the Amex PRG yesterday on either this site, ThePointsGuy, or frugaltravel.com.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.