Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2012, 11:11 am

Programs: Alaska 75K, Delta Plat, BA Gold
We should stop calling these mistake fares. It is an admission that we know these fares shouldn't have happened and airlines have the right to take them away at our expense, even when the tickets are issued and confirmed. Instead, I suggest start calling them negligence fares. It puts the blame squarely on them.
Old May 3, 2012, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by odetophil
We should stop calling these mistake fares. It is an admission that we know these fares shouldn't have happened and airlines have the right to take them away at our expense, even when the tickets are issued and confirmed. Instead, I suggest start calling them negligence fares. It puts the blame squarely on them.
Do you feel better now?
Old May 3, 2012, 11:15 am

Programs: AA ExP
I booked several of the KE fares at my agency and KE called this morning and told one of the agents that one of the bookings would need to be refunded or re-issued.
Old May 3, 2012, 11:16 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Bronze
What obligation does Vayama have to prove that the airline actually contacted them specifically about our itinerary demanding a cancellation? The vagueness of is all, and the subsequent blanket substitition of NH/DL/TG for KE as the airline just seems, well, not really evidence of a demand from the airline.
Old May 3, 2012, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by odetophil
I've been careful never to call them mistake fares, becuase they are not mistake fares!
Old May 3, 2012, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by andaman C
At least when KE canceled my ROR tickets they gave me a $200 voucher as consolation.
Yes, I value those vouchers at $820MMK
Old May 3, 2012, 11:22 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Bronze
Originally Posted by eloraculo
Yes, I value those vouchers at $820MMK
820MMK now, or when this fare was entered into the system by the airlines?
Old May 3, 2012, 11:23 am

Programs: DL PM, UA E- inhabitant

Last edited by jetta2.0t; Mar 21, 2013 at 5:43 pm
Old May 3, 2012, 11:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
I've been careful never to call them mistake fares, becuase they are not mistake fares!
I suppose this gets at a debate regarding mistake conceptualization.
Old May 3, 2012, 11:25 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
I certainly didn't make a mistake. @:-)
Old May 3, 2012, 11:26 am
Suspended

DOT complaint form

I suggest those being railroaded by Vayama, Korean Air or anyone else let the DOT know of their practices. http://airconsumer.dot.gov/escomplaint/es.cfm
Old May 3, 2012, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by pogonation
assuming its booked through amadeus (which I assume it is) then go to eitr.amadeusasia.com/ then put in your res code and it will show you your ticket receipt along with the fare codes listed under CL ^
Thanks! (Looks like I'm solid J)
Old May 3, 2012, 11:29 am

Big Cheapy seemed to cancel the other ticket quoting 'due to airlines involved.'.., anybody trying to negotiate with them yet?! Can't call them now but will do in almost 16 hours later after landing in FRA.
Old May 3, 2012, 11:31 am
dll

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TroyMcClure
I suggest those being railroaded by Vayama, Korean Air or anyone else let the DOT know of their practices. http://airconsumer.dot.gov/escomplaint/es.cfm
It's a good thought - I don't think the DOT has any jurisdiction over travel agencies. Best bet for that is to file a seller of travel complaint with the state of California DOJ, here:
https://webapps.doj.ca.gov/sotas/con...mplaint.action

For reference, Vayama's California seller number is CST 2081741-40.
Old May 3, 2012, 11:32 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by jetta2.0t
I would go and have DL stock issued into a paper ticket at a DL counter. Did this on similar one a couple years ago, cost $75.
Can you do this for those that are already electronic? What if they are booked through OTA, still can you do it.

I actually called (please read the rest before freaking out ;-) ) two days ago and anonymously asked TA agent if it is possible to chose paper over e-ticket and was told no as they do not have necessary equipment to issue paper ticktets. I do not think that's true though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.