Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2012, 6:22 am

Programs: DL Gold
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Getting to wherever these start is not cheap for most people, and when people realize that and buyer's remorse sets in, flying on them may not happen for a lot of people.
AirAsia flies BKK-RGN for about $70. Getting to BKK on miles is fairly doable.
Old May 1, 2012, 6:26 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Originally Posted by MegatopLover
Americans on the East Coast are starting to wake up and smell the deal. I just booked RGN-BKK-ICN-LAX, LAX-NRT-SIN-RGN on TG-KE-KE-KE-SQ-MI. Couldn't get SQ 11 in J, only Y, but willing to do that to get this sale fare.
My ticket has issued. KE stock.
Old May 1, 2012, 6:27 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
The only reason I'd do this is for the Avios.

Book it on BA metal (a much as possible) to JFK for $1100, and that's around 18000 Avios through paying on my LTSBPDA, plus whatever I'll earn from flying on the BA metal. If I can time it so I'm in SIN on business anyway, it might work for me.
Old May 1, 2012, 6:28 am

My ticket has issued. KE stock.
When/with whom did you book? I booked through Vayama about 6 hours ago and nothing yet.
Old May 1, 2012, 6:31 am

Programs: UA LT Gold, Air France Platinum Ulti, AA 4MM EXP, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Got mine issued as well within the hour after booking
Old May 1, 2012, 6:36 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
2 of 3 tickets issued, one routing TATL, other TPAC, booked through Czech booking engines (letuska.cz, studentagency.cz), still waiting for BT to issue the last one.

RGN-BKK-ICN-SFO-ICN-BKK-RGN 180...stock
RGN-BKK-AMS-BOS-LHR-BKK-RGN 297...stock

RGN-HAN-ICN-LAX (BT not yet issued)...guesing VN stock since first 2 are operated by VN

Still thinking if I should pull one more or not

Only thing that R now shows as ecnonomy for ICN-SFO-ICN part, but I guess that's resolvable once the buzz goes away

Frankly I don't believe that KE will not cancel their part, but we will see
Old May 1, 2012, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mecabq
Good question. Perhaps someone with more knowledge of how fares are published can speculate? I bought one from Delta and one from Korean, both via Vayama. Both e-ticket numbers have been issued (according to checkmytrip.com).

I noticed that the economy fares were the same as the first and business that I bought. So apparently a mistake fare whereby all fare classes were entered as zero. How can this happen for multiple airlines, and why would it be available for sale only on a couple of sites worldwide??
I am curious as well. It is not a blanket error for all ex-RGN fares. Only a few airlines, KE/NH/AI/DL, and specific markets are affected. DL shows a 2-digit low fare to JFK, yet a normal $2118+ fare to west coast. Baffling.

Each ticketing airlines may decide if they will honor it or not. Choose your airlines wisely.
Old May 1, 2012, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by TerryK
Each ticketing airlines may decide if they will honor it or not. Choose your airlines wisely.
And of course I chose the airline recently notorious for ruthlessly cancelling tickets. Might be worth booking a J fare on SQ/TG to the east coast, in this case.
Old May 1, 2012, 6:43 am

Programs: Iberia, BAEC GOLD/ Priority Club : ROYAL Amb / Miles and More: SEN
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
The only reason I'd do this is for the Avios.

Book it on BA metal (a much as possible) to JFK for $1100, and that's around 18000 Avios through paying on my LTSBPDA, plus whatever I'll earn from flying on the BA metal. If I can time it so I'm in SIN on business anyway, it might work for me.
Is that The Same as mine?

Rgn-bkk- lhr- JFK and back?

How did you calculate the miles?

Where does LTSBPDA stand for?
Old May 1, 2012, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Im finding that J and F fares price differently, and alter which airlines are available.
My RGN-LAX F was $1 more than J.
Old May 1, 2012, 7:03 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Originally Posted by llamaesque
And of course I chose the airline recently notorious for ruthlessly cancelling tickets. Might be worth booking a J fare on SQ/TG to the east coast, in this case.
Exactly my thought. This is why I bought a J trip to BOS/NYC for $900 ticketed by DL, in addition to multiple F trips to SFO for $450 ticketed by KE. If the latter doesn't honor theirs, then at least I will have one good itinerary (which includes the TG A380 to CDG). Couldn't make any SQ, BA, or MH segments work on my dates of interest.
Old May 1, 2012, 7:06 am
hsk

Programs: *A, OW, Hyatt, Marriott
Where are you guys finding these C3-C2-C1 routings? Is it manual? Thanks.
Old May 1, 2012, 7:07 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Went to pull the trigger on BT-Store, but when I came to choose seats the BA ones weren't available (obviously) but the return leg from LHR-BKK was showing seats in Y. The DL legs were only showing row 9, which I think is a J seat?

On the booking page, the class for all flights shows as Business.

Some crossed wires somewhere.
Old May 1, 2012, 7:10 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Originally Posted by llamaesque
When/with whom did you book? I booked through Vayama about 6 hours ago and nothing yet.
Booked with Vayama around 8:00 am EDT today. Ticket issued within less than 20 minutes.

I booked another one through vayama a little later, deliberately choosing ANA for some flights. This second ticket issued on NH stock, also within less than 20 minutes of booking.

It's a little difficult, but I've been able to get the fare to show up on ZUJI's Singapore site. If you're willing to do an all-day NRT-HND connection, you can get the TYO-SIN segment on SQ in J (77W). I'm tempted to book a third one, but I really don't need it.

I'm booking RGN-LAX in January, going back in April 2013 in time for Songkran in Thailand. So I'm limited to airlines that will book out as far as 350 days.
Old May 1, 2012, 7:20 am

It's a little difficult, but I've been able to get the fare to show up on ZUJI's Singapore site. If you're willing to do an all-day NRT-HND connection, you can get the TYO-SIN segment on SQ in J (77W). I'm tempted to book a third one, but I really don't need it.
How are you forcing the route through NRT? All RGN-LAX I've seen on Vayama have been the same: BKK-ICN-LAX.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.