Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2012, 5:22 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by mgo72
What do you use to book this?
Vayama and Opodo were both showing these.
Old May 1, 2012, 5:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Just booked one for 30 September via bt-store. Not the best routing nor metal, but quality points earning and a full day in Osaka should be nice.
Old May 1, 2012, 5:36 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Any disadvantage to doing this as two one-ways?
Old May 1, 2012, 5:45 am

Originally Posted by yosithezet
Any disadvantage to doing this as two one-ways?
None. Except that you can only book this originating in rgn so you wouldn't be able to book it as two one ways.
Old May 1, 2012, 5:47 am

Just got my confirmation email saying that I'm ticketed from lastminute.ie

I didn't really see anything suggesting that they would charge any fees to cancel.
Old May 1, 2012, 5:48 am

Wow, the Vayama website sure is slow to book tickets....
Old May 1, 2012, 5:51 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
What I don't understand is what kind of mistake fare this is? Originally I thought it was a KE issue, but as I can book J through Opodo on Thai Airways, BA and Delta, I don't see how it can be just a KE thing?
Old May 1, 2012, 5:53 am

Maybe it's a Myanmar mistake fare and the junta will cancel our tickets.
Old May 1, 2012, 5:53 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by rankourabu
The capacity of KE F on ICN-LAX is 16 seats daily.

Over the next 330 (ok 300 since noone is booking for immediate dates), thats about 4800 F seats - even if 10% of that is booked out on "the deal" - KE will probably not honour it.

Just sayin, look at alternative routings perhaps.
Getting to wherever these start is not cheap for most people, and when people realize that and buyer's remorse sets in, flying on them may not happen for a lot of people.
Old May 1, 2012, 5:59 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Americans on the East Coast are starting to wake up and smell the deal. I just booked RGN-BKK-ICN-LAX, LAX-NRT-SIN-RGN on TG-KE-KE-KE-SQ-MI. Couldn't get SQ 11 in J, only Y, but willing to do that to get this sale fare.
Old May 1, 2012, 6:03 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
What websites besides vayama work? I tried opodo UK but couldn't find the fare.
Old May 1, 2012, 6:04 am

Originally Posted by danger
I'm looking into that. I have sent emails to two Myanmar (Myanmese?) Embassies and I'm awaiting a response. However, reports on Trip Advisor even suggest that getting an email response is hit-and-miss.
Anotehr popular choice is just make visa in Bangkok only 1 or 3 days required, possible by self in embassy or via any travel agence for a small fee
Old May 1, 2012, 6:14 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
What I don't understand is what kind of mistake fare this is? Originally I thought it was a KE issue, but as I can book J through Opodo on Thai Airways, BA and Delta, I don't see how it can be just a KE thing?
Good question. Perhaps someone with more knowledge of how fares are published can speculate? I bought one from Delta and one from Korean, both via Vayama. Both e-ticket numbers have been issued (according to checkmytrip.com).

I noticed that the economy fares were the same as the first and business that I bought. So apparently a mistake fare whereby all fare classes were entered as zero. How can this happen for multiple airlines, and why would it be available for sale only on a couple of sites worldwide??
Old May 1, 2012, 6:19 am

Im finding that J and F fares price differently, and alter which airlines are available.
Old May 1, 2012, 6:20 am

Originally Posted by MegatopLover
What websites besides vayama work? I tried opodo UK but couldn't find the fare.
BT store works.

If pricing on Opodo in F, you'll only find fares to LAX. If pricing in J you'll get fares to JFK, BOS and others.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.