Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2012, 9:35 am

Programs: Volaris, UA Nothing
Just picked (2) RGN-BKK-ICN-SFO for $251 USD for 03/17/13 on vayama.com.

Going to spend a week or so in Thailand then fly to Burma for the day.

TG from RGN to BKK (coach) and KE from BKK to SFO in FIRST!!!
Old May 1, 2012, 9:35 am

booked 10 hours ago and it doesn't appear to be ticketed.

Last edited by uberuber; May 1, 2012 at 11:27 pm
Old May 1, 2012, 9:40 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by mgo72
In bt-store and I do Not think it is ticketed

Where can I check this?
mine is not ticketed yet from bt store.
Old May 1, 2012, 9:40 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Booked at 8:01a and ticketed at 8:19a (PST)

RGN-PEK in F CA
PEK-HKG in Y OU
HKG-ICN in J CX
ICN-LAX in F KE

370 ai
Old May 1, 2012, 9:48 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum
I booked a ticket, but kept KE out of it. RGN-BKK-NRT-SFO and back. All on TG, NH, and UA. Price was $869, all in J.

No clue if this will be honored, but guessing it has more of a chance than if KE was on the itinerary.
Old May 1, 2012, 9:57 am

Programs: *A Silver, AA Gold + Miles Scattered Everywhere.
what's the visa requirement for US citizens? it's unclear from the state dept website

The Government of Burma strictly controls travel to, from, and within Burma. Since October 1, 2006, Burmese authorities have often prohibited entry or exit at most land border crossings, unless the traveler is part of a package-tour group that has received prior permission from the Burmese authorities. You must have a valid passport with at least six months remaining validity and visa to enter Burma. You should apply for your Burmese visa at a Burmese embassy or consulate abroad before you arrive in Burma. On September 1, 2010, the Government of Burma suspended its "Visa on Arrival" program, which had been in effect since May 2010. In Burma, you will be required to show your passport with a valid visa at all airports, train stations, and hotels. Security checkpoints are common outside of tourist areas.
Old May 1, 2012, 10:01 am

Programs: AA PLT (2MM+); Steerage in most other airline programs; SPG GLD; heckuva guy
Dumb question, which I pretty much think I know the answer to, but I'm out of practice with this lately:

If one of my flight segments is on Virgin Australia, but operated by Singapore Airlines, can I credit the flight to a *A FF program? The SIN-LHR A380 flight on SQ prices much cheaper if the flight number for that leg is a codeshare.

Methinks not, but just want a confirmation. I'm jetlagged from my JFK-LAX-LHR-JFK flight which just returned last night.
Old May 1, 2012, 10:04 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by aaron1262
what's the visa requirement for US citizens? it's unclear from the state dept website

The Government of Burma strictly controls travel to, from, and within Burma. Since October 1, 2006, Burmese authorities have often prohibited entry or exit at most land border crossings, unless the traveler is part of a package-tour group that has received prior permission from the Burmese authorities. You must have a valid passport with at least six months remaining validity and visa to enter Burma. You should apply for your Burmese visa at a Burmese embassy or consulate abroad before you arrive in Burma. On September 1, 2010, the Government of Burma suspended its "Visa on Arrival" program, which had been in effect since May 2010. In Burma, you will be required to show your passport with a valid visa at all airports, train stations, and hotels. Security checkpoints are common outside of tourist areas.
What's so unclear?
Old May 1, 2012, 10:06 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by gopherblue
Dumb question, which I pretty much think I know the answer to, but I'm out of practice with this lately:

If one of my flight segments is on Virgin Australia, but operated by Singapore Airlines, can I credit the flight to a *A FF program? The SIN-LHR A380 flight on SQ prices much cheaper if the flight number for that leg is a codeshare.

Methinks not, but just want a confirmation. I'm jetlagged from my JFK-LAX-LHR-JFK flight which just returned last night.
Usually Star looks at the metal that operates the flight and not the marketed fare, so you might be able to credit the fare.
Old May 1, 2012, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
But Myanmar is just opening up now.. maybe that's their welcome greetings

I'm so tempted to book one of the KE F fares.. seems the best at 439$ RT...
I guess its just difference between currency rates, someone just missused real market rate (1:750+) when real price was listed in myanmar kyat for goverment one (1:6.5). More then 10x time difference.
Old May 1, 2012, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by saturnino3
Just picked (2) RGN-BKK-ICN-SFO for $251 USD for 03/17/13 on vayama.com.

Going to spend a week or so in Thailand then fly to Burma for the day.

TG from RGN to BKK (coach) and KE from BKK to SFO in FIRST!!!
This is a way to get to know the ugly side of KE.
Old May 1, 2012, 10:22 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt/Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold, Hertz Prez
so hold on, say these are being operated by Thai and ANA, if I bail on the Thai section from RGN will that cancel the entire ANA section? assuming yes
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by jfkeze
$512 on TG (including a 380!) and a DL FRA-JFK.... very very tempting...
When? All my routings are giving me KE.

I'm looking for something to ORD for mid-Oct.

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Just booked this deal through Vayama: YGN-SIN-LHR-DTW, with the SIN-LHR on SQ A388 in biz and LHR-DTW on 764 DL in biz. $1144 AI. Booking verified but not yet ticketed.

I also saw options on BA through LHR but wanted to stick with STAR & SKY. Now let's just see if and how these are honored.

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA Gold/1MM, AS MVP 100K, AA Gold
2 of us are ticketed RGN-BKK-ICN-LAX in F in November for 251 each.... I have the ticket numbers so we'll see. We're planning to stay in BKK as well. 9 hours in ICN should be fun!

It's up to 746 each for the same flights now!

Last edited by TechMarauder; May 1, 2012 at 10:35 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.