Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2013, 8:21 am

Programs: FT
Originally Posted by lewende
What are you talking about? I did both, for several times.

The magnitude and latitude for this fare, including all episodes, are unprecedented. If this fare is not within top 5 of the FT history, I am wondering what the top 5 are.
FT and "low" fares have been around a long time.
Old Jul 29, 2013, 9:41 pm

To late for this deal, but a positive development nonetheless...
http://airlineroute.net/2013/07/24/nh-rgnctu-sep13/

Tokyo Narita – Yangon eff 30SEP13 Service increases from 3 weekly (Day 136) to daily, 767-300ER replaces 737-700ER
NH913 NRT1030 – 1510RGN 763 D
NH914 RGN2145 – 0650+1NRT 763 D
Old Aug 7, 2013, 2:59 am

Programs: AA EXPLAT, HH DIAMOND, IHG PLAT, RYANAIR NO OTHER OPTION FLYER
As RGN was my first actual MR (brought tickets for 2 previous but had to cancel) am really interested to know what people's top 5 are. So will be many other FTers I imagine and so have been presumptuous enough to start a new thread. Look forward to hearing your views there.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...t-history.html
Old Aug 7, 2013, 9:43 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Changed last two segments of DL R1 tickets to JAN and FEB-14 for me and my friend respectively. Had to call DL three times at least and two times were unsuccessful where the agents were claiming the ticket expired and can only be used as is (it 'expired' in May 2013 and last segments were already booked to SEP-13 before the change).
Old Aug 7, 2013, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by seanthepilot
Great fare. But hardly makes the top 5 of Jumbos. No date changes, no stopovers.

The best one in some time, but there will be better
And... no date changes? You also did it wrong
Old Aug 11, 2013, 5:49 pm
Suspended

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
Bump....

For the first time in fifteen months, this original RGN thread is about to drop off the first page of FT MR discussion.

So...

Bump.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 12:56 pm

Just changed my KE ticket's return portion from AKL to RGN to FEB-2014. I did 2 no shows already.

Now I had to pay an increased fuel surcharge of USD 100. The surcharge came from the fact that I could not have originally ticketed airlines because of currently available schedule and had to change an OZ to a KE flight.

This triggers as some may imagine the fare substitute from an OZ to a KE fare for the same routing in historic recalculation and now both KE flights accrue Q-charge, so USD 100 is new Q charge for KE (previously zero) less OZ YQ already paid.

I am not clear why they could not put me to an OZ flight operated by TG, I assume this is beyond the 'agreement' they had with other airlines (or own statement) under which they agreed to honor the fare.

Even after USD 100 the ticket is about USD 450 (RT) ai which is still a good value

And I am impressed by the efficiency KE handles tickeeting in general - any change with Delta takes an hour on average on the phone and I need to tell agents what to do (where I know what I am doing and agents don't...).

With such efficiency of the airline I am really surprised they missed the RGN sale In fact they did me some kind of favor because they recalculated the return portion of my flights using the KE fare which expired before an OZ fare I bought the ticket under.

The above indicates not the favor of course, but the fact that the GDSs/ systems are only able to recalculate historic fares based on date and not on the time of ticketing (in fact this is how manual recalculation works - you only input date and not the time). And this opens a door to some opportunities...
Old Sep 25, 2013, 11:32 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL PM, *A G, IHGClub PlatAmb, SPG G, Marriott G
A sign of things to come?

During my last trip to RGN, we had to circle the airport for about 10 minutes due to "heavy air traffic in the area". Ah development has its price.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 11:37 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL PM, *A G, IHGClub PlatAmb, SPG G, Marriott G
Not to bump this thread too many times, but I did also want to thank the OP. I purchased 8 of these R1 fares and flew 7 of them (work gets in the way sometimes). Only two of these were truly MR. All the others I managed to coordinate with work trips or vacation. And being able to see Burma was a wonderful experience. Thanks again OP!
Old Mar 23, 2014, 6:19 am

I ran into multiple road blocks and diversions with Air India USA reservations and their office in NYC to change dates on a partially flown AI ticket. In a last attempt I sent an email to the AI Jakarta office Friday requesting the changes. I received an email back same day confirming the reservation was changed and they called my hotel in Jakarta nearly apologizing there would be an additional charge for the change and if I could come by their office to pay - $20 for the KUL airport tax since a stopover was added. I fly out tomorrow.
Thanks OP - this was a great experience.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Regarding actual price, and the possibility to build MRs in premium cabins, this deal must be the best MR material I've seen.

I got two TPAC F returns to SFO with KE, and although credited to AS, they are considered orphan miles. But the KE F experience was nice.

Also snatched two C TATL one-ways with BA to BOS, credited to AA, except the SQ leg to SIN in the *A purse.

So, many Kudos to OP ^^^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.