Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2012, 2:40 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
So the idea here is that all the fun fares are ex-RGN?
Old May 1, 2012, 2:42 am

Programs: No more status...just doing my best in burning my points/miles.
Originally Posted by yosithezet
So the idea here is that all the fun fares are ex-RGN?
yes.
Old May 1, 2012, 2:48 am

Originally Posted by llamaesque
The only thing holding me back on this one is worrying about what Vayama are going to do if KE cancel these tickets. I'm a bit suspicious about any site that charges $100 for a refund regardless of airline rules.
I'm with you on this. I tried Zuji but they aren't showing these fares.
Old May 1, 2012, 2:48 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, HH Gold, CC Gold, AMB
Originally Posted by patchan8984
BT Travel dumped all my flights into biz on overwater and economy on everything else after i booked, KE flights

Fare code is still R, seats selected in first
same here
Old May 1, 2012, 2:59 am

I bit the bullet and booked on Vayama, RGN-SFO return in March 2013 for $457 USD. Noticed something strange on the confirmation page:

Code:
Charges on your credit card

Korean Airlines	$ 432.02 USD
Vayama	        $ 25.00	 USD
So these tickets are being issued directly by KE?
Old May 1, 2012, 3:04 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Wow, thanks OP! I booked RGN-BKK-ICN-SFO R/T from 12/18-12/26, with segments on TG Y, OZ C, KE F, KE F, KE F, and TG Y. All-in $456. Vayama.com gave me "booking verified" with PNRs for each airline, but no e-ticket yet. We will see; of course I won't buy anything to RGN until we are sure that KE honors it, which I kind of doubt.

Originally Posted by TerryK
But there are no hotels in RGN where I can earn points.
There's a Park Royal, part of the Global Hotel Alliance, and Trader's, part of Shangri-La. The only two chains with loyalty programs, I think. I have been to both, and they are decent. Trader's is probably the hotel in town with the best amenities -- great breakfast, pool, currency exchange (which is very, very hard to find, or at least was before the relative opening that has occurred recently). There are more luxurious places (Governor's House (part of the Orient Express chain), The Strand), but Trader's is also the best location.

P.S. I have a reliable travel agent who can help with visas if anyone needs. They make it easy, though may require you to book the hotel through them. PM me if you're interested.
Old May 1, 2012, 3:12 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
For those in the UK, Opodo is showing these fares, and quoting in GBP.
Old May 1, 2012, 3:16 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, NWA WorldPerks deserter, Alaska Airlines Something-er-Other...
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
For those in the UK, Opodo is showing these fares, and quoting in GBP.

Interesting..... My credit card has been charged several hours ago, got the eticket confirmation and such from Vayama, but now I can't see it under the "My Trips" section.... Tried finding a great fare again (just to check), but it seems to be gone on Vayama..... Hmmmmmm.....

Edited to add:
Oooops sorry! It's still there in August..... Should I go for another one? :-)
Old May 1, 2012, 3:19 am

Originally Posted by llamaesque
I bit the bullet and booked on Vayama, RGN-SFO return in March 2013 for $457 USD. Noticed something strange on the confirmation page:

Code:
Charges on your credit card

Korean Airlines	$ 432.02 USD
Vayama	        $ 25.00	 USD
So these tickets are being issued directly by KE?
How are you finding specific dates. Using a base that someone else used but when I adjust the dates the prices go way up.
Old May 1, 2012, 3:21 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Availability is going fast, but dates are still available.

I'd pull the trigger, but after the OK fiasco recently, I don't know if I can be bothered to go through it again at the minute!
Old May 1, 2012, 3:22 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
I'm shopping around for another one, too. Unfortunately Kayak, with its +/- 3 days feature, doesn't seem to be pulling these fares (even though Kayak usually does find Vayama fares). So it's hard to do a broad search -- I am searching one day at a time. Anyone have any other way? Also I can't seem to have multiple Vayama sessions open at the same time on the same browser.
Old May 1, 2012, 3:25 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, NWA WorldPerks deserter, Alaska Airlines Something-er-Other...
Question

By the way, how is everybody seeing the fare codes & such? And seats? I don't think Vayama allows you to see either.... Is it just people who have used another website to book the ticket?
Old May 1, 2012, 3:27 am

Programs: Iberia, BAEC GOLD/ Priority Club : ROYAL Amb / Miles and More: SEN
What miles and to which miles program do this post?
Old May 1, 2012, 3:32 am

Originally Posted by mgo72
What miles and to which miles program do this post?
Depends on whom you are flying......
Old May 1, 2012, 3:38 am

Originally Posted by yosithezet
How are you finding specific dates. Using a base that someone else used but when I adjust the dates the prices go way up.
I found a cheap one-way price on a specific day and then kept adjusting return dates until it locked it to the cheap rates. Just took a while. Even one day either side on the return date would throw it out.

Originally Posted by Paella747
By the way, how is everybody seeing the fare codes & such? And seats? I don't think Vayama allows you to see either.... Is it just people who have used another website to book the ticket?
Some other people booked through BT.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.