Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2012, 2:17 am
Used to be highman123

RGN-JNB OW is still showing for $354 on cheapoair.com example 4/1/2013

I guess it's still early in South Africa - none has fixed anything yet.

Programs: AA EXP,AS MVPG,MR Platinum,HH Gold
Originally Posted by a330300
And in preparation for the discussions ahead - remember that the KE deal happened before the new DOT ruling went into effect on Jan 24, 2012.

In theory, all those who paid and were ticketed should be fine. But interesting to see how this will play out.

DOT FAQs

Both sections 399.88 and 399.89 apply to U.S. and foreign carriers and ticket agents (including travel agents) that sell scheduled air transportation within, to or from the United States and tour operators that sell tours with scheduled air transportation as a component within, to or from the United States.

14 CFR 399.88 Prohibition on post-purchase price increase.
(a) It is an unfair and deceptive practice within the meaning of 49 U.S.C. 41712 for any seller of scheduled air transportation within, to or from the United States, or of a tour (i.e., a combination of air transportation and ground or cruise accommodations), or tour component (e.g., a hotel stay) that includes scheduled air transportation within, to or from the United States, to increase the price of that air transportation, tour or tour component to a consumer, including but not limited to an increase in the price of the seat, an increase in the price for the carriage of passenger baggage, or an increase in an applicable fuel surcharge, after the air transportation has been purchased by the consumer, except in the case of an increase in a government-imposed tax or fee. A purchase is deemed to have occurred when the full amount agreed upon has been paid by the consumer.

14 CFR 399.89 Disclosure of potential for price increase before payment.
Any seller of scheduled air transportation within, to or from the United States, or of a tour (i.e., a combination of air transportation and ground or cruise accommodations), or tour component (e.g., a hotel stay) that includes scheduled air transportation within, to or from the United States, must notify a consumer of the potential for a price increase that could take place prior to the time that the full amount agreed upon has been paid by the consumer, including but not limited to an increase in the price of the seat, an increase in the price for the carriage of passenger baggage, an increase in an applicable fuel surcharge, or an increase in a government-imposed tax or fee and must obtain the consumer's written consent to the potential for such an increase prior to accepting any payment for the scheduled air transportation, or tour or tour component that includes scheduled air transportation. Imposition of any such increase without providing the consumer the appropriate notice and obtaining his or her written consent to the potential increase constitutes an unfair and deceptive practice within the meaning of 49 U.S.C. 41712.
To me as a layperson nothing in there says that they can't just outright refuse to honor the tickets, right? They can just cancel them for "operational reasons" rather than try and extort money from us.

Programs: QFF, Krisflyer, US Air DM, VelocityRewards, Hertz Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by RandD
Bad news. I booked RGN-BKK-KIX-LAX on Aug. 5 from Vayama last night and I got a booking verification and airline confirmation codes. I can see that ticket on Thaiair website last night. Today I got the following email saying that it has been cancelled. What should I do now?

============================

Dear Customer

We recently received your online booking request. Quality control has determined that your booking could not be processed at the fare that was originally quoted. Unfortunately, the airline was unable to accept the fare that was quoted earlier and as a result, your reservation has been canceled. Per our terms and conditions, airfares and reservations are not guaranteed until tickets are issued.

We encourage you to select another option that meets your travel needs. However, do not select the same flight option that you just attempted to book as this will just lead to another canceled booking. If you have any questions please feel free to respond to this email and we will get back to you generally within 24 hours.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Sincerely,

Vayama Customer Care Team
I hope you replied to this asking why they are knowingly continuing to publish a fare they know is not available, haven't they heard of misleading conduct.
Old May 2, 2012, 2:20 am

Will be interesting to see if there's any interpretation by the DOT between cancel and fare increase.

The former will likely be interpreted via the issuing carrier's Contract of Carriage.
Old May 2, 2012, 2:29 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
I can't believe these are still pricing.

RGN-SIN-CDG-JFK on SQ, EY and DL - €290
Old May 2, 2012, 2:30 am

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by belfordrocks
Oh well... the only thing I've gotten out of today is a huge loss in productivity...
It's too bad the stuff you were looking for was pulled just as you were getting close to finding the right date in your search. Oh well, we'll have to see how it all plays out, none of us know if we're going to be able to fly this yet!
Old May 2, 2012, 2:33 am

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
To me this was also nothing but a nasty distraction, booking not honoured yesterday...even though I booked like 28 hours ago.
Old May 2, 2012, 2:34 am

Programs: AA EXP,AS MVPG,MR Platinum,HH Gold
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
I can't believe these are still pricing.

RGN-SIN-CDG-JFK on SQ, EY and DL - €290
LOL! There it is. Even RGN-BKK-FCO-JFK on Thai/Thai/Alitalia. So many awesome options. Someone's going to be mad when they get in to work tomorrow :P What I found funniest about all this is that the base fares were all outrageously wrong, but the YQ/YR was all completely correct. That thing is a monster.
Old May 2, 2012, 2:37 am

Programs: lh sen
RGN-BKK-CDG-MIA in C OW on TG/DL is quiet expensive. 730 EUR.
Old May 2, 2012, 2:38 am

Programs: Star Alliance, One World, Skyteam, BR, GA, EK, VX, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, IC
Originally Posted by arcticbull
I tried calendar mode with Matrix over the rest of the year and found nothing on any airlines into SFO. There are still cheap fares, but it's not the $30 basis fares I was seeing before.

There are still some sweet routes though!

RGN-SIN-AMS-SFO on Silk Air, Singapore and KLM on DL stock for $1500.
RGN-BKK-ZRH-CDG-SFO on Thai, Swiss, and Air France for $1500
Lots of routings over the Atlantic.
Can you tell me how to book that RGN-BKK-ZRH-CDG-SFO trip?
Old May 2, 2012, 2:42 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by arcticbull
LOL! There it is. Even RGN-BKK-FCO-JFK on Thai/Thai/Alitalia..
I booked that RGN-SIN-CDG-JKF "just because", and it ticketed within minutes on DL stock. Unbelievable.
Old May 2, 2012, 2:46 am

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
I booked that RGN-SIN-CDG-JKF "just because", and it ticketed within minutes on DL stock. Unbelievable.
On which website/booking engine, if I may ask?
Old May 2, 2012, 2:49 am

Originally Posted by flamboyant 1
On which website/booking engine, if I may ask?
Opodo.fr

Had to force the connections to get the fare
Old May 2, 2012, 2:50 am

This is for ~1500 one way in J?
Old May 2, 2012, 2:52 am

Programs: Variety of rectangular cards with my name on it
I booked RGN - JFK ow in biz for ~350. An hour after booking I received a call from the OTA stating that the itinerary has been confirmed. How odd...I did pick my seats for the DL legs of it though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.