Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2012, 7:38 am

If anyone cares, MH 190 had a schedule change.. it now departs KUL at 1650. If you've got a flight on MH 741 connecting to MH 190, you've now got an illegal connection.

This change is present in Sabre, but most sites are still booking it at the old time.

Just another fun piece of the puzzle!
Old May 3, 2012, 7:44 am

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Originally Posted by yyzjake
If anyone cares, MH 190 had a schedule change.. it now departs KUL at 1650. If you've got a flight on MH 741 connecting to MH 190, you've now got an illegal connection.
That's my biggest concern at this point. All of my tickets are still in tact, none involve KE, and I'm sitting tight....yes, some of the operating carriers may cancel out segements, but I'm not expecting it. Once vayama, BT, etc wipe out their bookings, that will probably kill 95% of what was ticketed and I suspect the airlines might just quietly let the rest of them go.

But, if there's a schedule change things could be interesting!
Old May 3, 2012, 7:48 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Kimpton IC; IHG Diamond Ambassador;
Originally Posted by ironmanjt
That's my biggest concern at this point. All of my tickets are still in tact, none involve KE, and I'm sitting tight....yes, some of the operating carriers may cancel out segements, but I'm not expecting it. Once vayama, BT, etc wipe out their bookings, that will probably kill 95% of what was ticketed and I suspect the airlines might just quietly let the rest of them go.

But, if there's a schedule change things could be interesting!
That's dirty. They could wreck everybody by simply pushing back a few flights, forcing changes. Scary.
Old May 3, 2012, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by Au4882
That's dirty. They could wreck everybody by simply pushing back a few flights, forcing changes. Scary.
You mean the airlines are purposefully changing schedules to re-price/ get rid of ex-RGN tickets? Not in any way likely.
Old May 3, 2012, 7:57 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
second email

Just got second email from the other agency where I have KE ticket with all the first class travel, asking me that I have similar trip later on, if this is correct or I want to do anything about it. They mention they have received this info from Korean Air...but no words about cancellation...no words yet I guess.
Old May 3, 2012, 7:57 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Bronze
Originally Posted by view
You mean the airlines are purposefully changing schedules to re-price/ get rid of ex-RGN tickets? Not in any way likely.
If one airline is resorting to telling Vayama to cancel ALL tickets on OTHER airlines, and it's working, why resort to dirty tricks like schedule changes?

They're using the nuclear option already, why go back to conventional weapons?
Old May 3, 2012, 8:07 am

Programs: Variety of rectangular cards with my name on it
For what it's worth:

1 - RGN - BKK - ICN - SFO (TG/KE, first leg econ the rest biz) booked on mom. Cancelled after 30 hours of booking
2 - same as above, booked on papa. Confirmed and ticketed (kind of doubting it will stick).
3 - RGN - BKK - AMS - JFK (TG/CI/DL - biz). booked on clear. Confirmed, e-ticket sent. Seats selected for DL via website.
4 - same as above. Cancelled and never ticketed as OTA noted "technical difficulties, refund in 30 days." This 2nd booking was only an hour apart from the original.
5 - RGN - BKK - BOM - DEL - JFK (TG/CX/AI - biz). Booked an hour ago and confirmed. Waiting for an e-ticket
Old May 3, 2012, 8:21 am

Myanmar E-visa?

No flights canceled yet on JL stock. I was looking for a positioning flight to RGN. I saw 'NEW Myanmar E-Visa' link on the main webpage. Anyone use this service before? The link is

http://www.airasia.com/ot/en/latestn...ar-e-visa.page

and it takes you to:

http://www.myanmarevisa.gov.mm/

Last edited by kdam001; May 3, 2012 at 8:33 am
Old May 3, 2012, 8:27 am
Suspended

Programs: AMEX Plat, AA EXP, DL Diamond Medallion, US, B6, SPG Gold,Marriott Gold,Hilton Gold,Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by FlyIgglesFly
I've done the same, also with DL stock. I tried speaking with them on the phone, but that was utterly useless. ICC hell.
Indeed the CS was utterly useless, on top of that it was some guy from India ! He basically lied and saoid there was an error with my payment and that I need to go back to vayama and book another ticket.
Old May 3, 2012, 8:32 am

Programs: UA 1P, BA Silver
Originally Posted by kdam001
No flights canceled yet on JL stock. I was looking for a positioning flight to RGN. I saw 'NEW Myanmar E-Visa' link on the main webpage. Anyone use this service before? The link is

http://www.airasia.com/ot/en/latestn...ar-e-visa.page

and it takes you to:

http://www.myanmarevisa.gov.mm/

It beats going to the embassy while in country.
I've been told it is not 100% ready. The thing asked you to upload a passport pictures of yourself and when people upload random pictures with incorrect dimensions, that's where it fails. Keep in mind, it takes 10 business days minimum to process a traditional (paper) visa at their embassy here in DC.
Old May 3, 2012, 8:46 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL
Originally Posted by honzeek_cz
Just received email from the TA, that Delta is concerned with duplicity on 2 of my flights - unfortunatelly I have JFK-LHR and JFK-AMS on the same day, I did not pay attention as I was thinking that I will change these flights anyways after flying first legs. Lady wrote me that if Delta decides so, they can then cancel both etickets without even refunding money. They are advising to cancel one or the other and request refund.

Very vague definition:

5) Multiple bookings of a fictitious nature are prohibited by DL. In the event DL determines that an individual has confirmed such bookings to one or more destination(s) on or about the same date(s), the carrier reserves the right to cancel all confirmed space associated with the multiple reservations without notice to the passenger or the person making the booking.

Both reservations are ticketed by now... not sure what to do...

Btw, it is the same TA I used for KE tickets and no words on that.

That's BS. Aren't these tickets refundable to begin with? And even if they're not, they can't keep the $$$ if they're the one's cancelling. Not saying Delta wouldn't try it, but I'd bet big $$$ that if you had to take them to small claims you'd win. (Yeah, I know no one wants to sue, I'm just saying....)

So is anyone still trying to buy tickets on this "deal"?

Last edited by XLR26; May 3, 2012 at 8:49 am Reason: ...
Old May 3, 2012, 8:47 am

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by view
Agreed. The paranoia here is crazy. Lots of first-timers it's seems.
Old May 3, 2012, 8:54 am
dll

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by XLR26
That's BS. Aren't these tickets refundable to begin with? And even if they're not, they can't keep the $$$ if they're the one's cancelling. Not saying Delta wouldn't try it, but I'd bet big $$$ that if you had to take them to small claims you'd win. (Yeah, I know no one wants to sue, I'm just saying....)

So is anyone still trying to buy tickets on this "deal"?
That's Delta's infamous RPU (revenue protection unit) at work. This type of action by DL is not unique to this deal in any way. The RPU actively work to extricate duplicate and/or false bookings from their system and sometimes they are a bit too aggressive about it (like reports of cancelling bookings with similar names, even if they're for different passengers).
Old May 3, 2012, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by KissFlyGoodbye
For what it's worth:

1 - RGN - BKK - ICN - SFO (TG/KE, first leg econ the rest biz) booked on mom. Cancelled after 30 hours of booking
2 - same as above, booked on papa. Confirmed and ticketed (kind of doubting it will stick).
3 - RGN - BKK - AMS - JFK (TG/CI/DL - biz). booked on clear. Confirmed, e-ticket sent. Seats selected for DL via website.
4 - same as above. Cancelled and never ticketed as OTA noted "technical difficulties, refund in 30 days." This 2nd booking was only an hour apart from the original.
5 - RGN - BKK - BOM - DEL - JFK (TG/CX/AI - biz). Booked an hour ago and confirmed. Waiting for an e-ticket

This! is awesome
Old May 3, 2012, 9:03 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
My KE-ticketed RGN-NAN-RGN trip booked on a Russian OTA seems to be gone.

On a sidenote, has anyone NOT based in U.S./Canada booked an itineary on Cheapo that requires paper tickets?

Last edited by Temedar; May 3, 2012 at 9:08 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.