Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2012, 9:42 pm

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Originally Posted by Sykes
Vayama just cancelled my ticket citing Korean Air's request; however, none of my segments were on KE, and it was ticketed on NH stock.
Me, too. I had one ticket on KE with a KE ticket number -- cancelled. And another on with DL/TG and no KE segments with a DL ticket number -- cancelled with the same e-mail referring to Korean Air. Strange.

I used Travelocity to book other tickets with other airlines, so we will see.
Old May 2, 2012, 9:43 pm

Programs: AS 100K
a little (very) late in the game...is this deal dead?
Old May 2, 2012, 9:44 pm

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
Originally Posted by james84
Just got the email from Vayama informing me that my DL ticket for RGN-SIN-LHR-JFK has been cancelled. Eticket receipt on DL.com shows coupon status as VOID.
Same thing for me, got email from Vayama 11.30PM EDT quoting "Korean Airlines" on a 006-DL ticket RGN-SIN-LHR-JFK. Though for me DL.com still shows the SIN-LHR VA/SQ-operated segment.

Looks like fun is over. Next deal...
Old May 2, 2012, 9:44 pm
2mg

You might...

Originally Posted by atcanobbio
a little (very) late in the game...is this deal dead?
Want to just sit back and wait for the next one
Old May 2, 2012, 9:45 pm

Programs: Marco Polo Gold, Alaska MVP Gold, Ivar's Carte Clam, Taco Time Loyalty Card
Originally Posted by KevinInRI
Just my thoughts: "Fulfilling a customer's reservation" really means ticketing the reservation. If they already ticketed the reservation, they don't really have the right to cancel it.
Exactly!
Old May 2, 2012, 9:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: vx diamond
Originally Posted by llamaesque
This thread is moving too fast - has anyone else besides those who booked the KE F fares through Vayama had their tickets cancelled after the tickets were issued?
Mine was ticketed with tix numbers and I got the cancellation email. What is our next step? Seems like people who were past the 24 hr mark are in the clear....
Old May 2, 2012, 9:48 pm

Programs: AA Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by jfk747
Seems like people who were past the 24 hr mark are in the clear....
Not at all. Mine was ticketed yesterday at around 10am PST and it was cancelled within the last hour (no e-mail yet).
Old May 2, 2012, 9:50 pm

Well, Vayama cancelled my RGN-BKK-FRA-JFK ticket. TG/DL issued on DL stock. Cited Korean Airlines as well.

Still have my RGN-SIN-LHR-JFK backup from another OTA. We'll see what happens...
Old May 2, 2012, 9:51 pm

Programs: AS, SQ, SPG, IHG
Originally Posted by Antipode
Not at all. Mine was ticketed yesterday at around 10am PST and it was cancelled within the last hour (no e-mail yet).
Same here. TG/DL ticket gone. Booked on 006 stock, but the e-mail I got references "Korean Airlines".
Old May 2, 2012, 9:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: AMEX Plat, AA EXP, DL Diamond Medallion, US, B6, SPG Gold,Marriott Gold,Hilton Gold,Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by jfk747
Mine was ticketed with tix numbers and I got the cancellation email. What is our next step? Seems like people who were past the 24 hr mark are in the clear....
Not true. I was passed the 24hour mark and I had one ticket cancelled that was booked through Vayama. It was on KE - RGN-BKK-ICN-LAX in F. My other one still stands as confirmed, seats selected on Airfrance through Delta.bomb with a routing of RGN-KUL-AUH-CDG-JFK.
Old May 2, 2012, 9:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, CX DM, SQ Gold
Originally Posted by yyzjake
Very possible. Vayama customers are the only ones who have received the cancellation notices so far, and other KE tickets appear to still be valid.
Correct.

Vayama cancelled my KE ticket. Travelocity did not yet cancel my KE ticket. On the other hand, Vayama did NOT cancel my LX ticket.

My money is on this scenario: KE has instructed all TA to cancel effected tickets and Vayama are just quicker to respond. In other words: My Travelocity-booked KE ticket is probably going to die shortly, too but I still have hopes for my Vayama-issued LX ticket.

The TA has no interest in expending resources to cancel tickets already issued. The push comes from the airline. I do not believe my Travelocity-booked KE ticket will survive.
Old May 2, 2012, 9:58 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, UA Premier, Hilton Gold
Is it even possible to stay airside in RGN? Would be very interested in some feedback from anyone who's been there.

Also, wouldn't you have problems with not being allowed onto the Jetstar flight without a visa?

Originally Posted by indo79
Bought 24 hours ago, ticketed about 5 hours later through TL, NH ticket number RGN-SIN-NRT-SEA, still valid.

Planning to go SIN-RGN on Jetstar. arriving at 11am, and staying at airport until my 4.40pm flight back to SIN on MI. Will not apply for a visa as I will be airside, hell I will even check in for my RGN-SIN flight in SIN if I can
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by rizwank
"Jumbos" --- that's a new term for me.
I think I might have used it first, back in 2005/2006. Since these obviously aren't mistakes, Jumbo is much more descriptive.

Getting a couple of errors trying to view reservations on VirtuallyThere... any help?
Old May 2, 2012, 10:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
I'm so tempted to pull the trigger on a crazy r/t to the South Pacific but I don't know what I'm going to say when I check-in at ICN on the return regarding my lack of a Burma visa... I'd prefer to get off at BKK but I'm not sure if "meeting my agent landside at BKK to pick up my visa" would fly too well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.