Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2012, 10:00 pm

Programs: AA Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by forumpersona999
but I still have hopes for my Vayama-issued LX ticket.
It appears that Vayama is slowly but surely cancelling ALL tickets regardless of whether it was issued by KE or had any KE segments. I expect any tickets booked on Vayama to be cancelled. I hope that others who booked with other OTAs have better luck!
Old May 2, 2012, 10:00 pm

Programs: US CP, DL GM, AA Plat
Originally Posted by yevlesh2
Is it even possible to stay airside in RGN? Would be very interested in some feedback from anyone who's been there.

Also, wouldn't you have problems with not being allowed onto the Jetstar flight without a visa?
You could get a letter from the embassy saying you don't need a visa to catch another flight. I took a mileage run through GRU one time and didn't have a visa.
Old May 2, 2012, 10:04 pm

I got the cancellation e-mail. I booked 3 itineraries.
The first two I booked were KE. No e-mails about them.
The most recent, non KE reservation is the one that's been cancelled.
I had a friend book an identical itinerary on Opodo. I would hate to send him by himself.
I wonder if Vayama is cancelling in order of most recent bookings. Has anyone who booked early received a cancellation?

If anyone doesn't receive a cancellation, I would suggest saying NOTHING!
If a few can away with this it will be worth it.
Old May 2, 2012, 10:04 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Bronze
Vayama has cancelled, citing "Korean Airlines." As I'm ticketed by DL and not flying KE, I'm very curtly asking them what the **** that has to do with me."
Old May 2, 2012, 10:05 pm

AI fares still available at Tvlocty.uk
Old May 2, 2012, 10:06 pm

CheapO still has all the Australian/South Pacific fares...

If I had known I should've booked on something other than KE metal... oh well.
Old May 2, 2012, 10:09 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Santander
I'm so tempted to pull the trigger on a crazy r/t to the South Pacific but I don't know what I'm going to say when I check-in at ICN on the return regarding my lack of a Burma visa... I'd prefer to get off at BKK but I'm not sure if "meeting my agent landside at BKK to pick up my visa" would fly too well.
I've got the same question. I'm already going to be in Southeast Asia in August and September. And am thinking about buying a RGN-BKK-ICN-AUK-ICN-HAN-RGN for $355 RT a/i. ICN-HAN is on Asiana and HAN-RGN is on Vietnam. Will Asiana let me board to HAN?
Old May 2, 2012, 10:10 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL
Originally Posted by TAWS
What is the point of suing the airlines? If they issue you a refund, you have no damages. I don't think you can be awarded punitive damages for a branch of contract. Am I missing something?
I don't see how punitive damages would even come into play, let alone be awarded in a situation like this. As for damages, there's an alternative equitable remedy called "specific performance", which is exactly what it sounds like...though it's rather difficult to obtain in circumstances such as this, not to mention most courts aren't too keen on granting it.

Originally Posted by Xyzzy
...I don't think this is so cut and dry. If ne has ticket numbers doesn't one then have a confirmed reservation? Hasn't the sale then been completed? In the above language, Vayama is essentially saying it can cancel and refund a ticket at any time for pretty much any reason if it wants to. At some point, though, one has to believe one has a real and guaranteed reservation. 24-36 hours after ticketing seems like a more than reasonable time to wait for that to have taken place. Yet, sme people are reporting getting cancelled longer than that after ticketing.
Is there a difference between having a ticket and a reservation? (I really have no idea.) If there is, then those who've already been issued a ticket might be able to argue that the Vayama language does not apply since it only states that Vayama "reserves the right to cancel a reservation". Vayama's disclaimer does not, however, reserve the right to cancel a ticket.

The next question would then be can Vayama cancel a ticket that's already been issued the airlines? (I have no idea on that question either. )

Just throwing out possible arguments to be made for anyone who wants to fight Vayama on this.

Good luck.
Old May 2, 2012, 10:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hyatt Plat
Is it even possible to stay airside in RGN? Would be very interested in some feedback from anyone who's been there.

Also, wouldn't you have problems with not being allowed onto the Jetstar flight without a visa?
Hence I will try to check in for my MI RGN-SIN flight in SIN before I fly SIN-RGN, or show my receipt and itinerary.

Also through this http://www.worldtravelguide.net/myanmar/passport-visa, I see that Visas for Myanmar are required by all nationals referred to in the chart above except transit passengers continuing their journey by the same or first connecting aircraft, providing they hold valid onward or return documentation and do not leave the airport.

Oh well we will see.
Old May 2, 2012, 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by XLR26
I don't see how punitive damages would even come into play, let alone be awarded in a situation like this. As for damages, there's an alternative equitable remedy called "specific performance", which is exactly what it sounds like...though it's rather difficult to obtain in circumstances such as this, not to mention most courts aren't too keen on granting it.

Is there a difference between having a ticket and a reservation? (I really have no idea.) If there is, then those who've already been issued a ticket might be able to argue that the Vayama language does not apply since it only states that Vayama "reserves the right to cancel a reservation". Vayama's disclaimer does not, however, reserve the right to cancel a ticket.

The next question would then be can Vayama cancel a ticket that's already been issued the airlines? (I have no idea on that question either. )

Just throwing out possible arguments to be made for anyone who wants to fight Vayama on this.

Good luck.
I'm on the phone with Vayama now. Been placed on hold after being told there was an error during processing (false), then that it was never tickets (also false).
Old May 2, 2012, 10:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: AMEX Plat, AA EXP, DL Diamond Medallion, US, B6, SPG Gold,Marriott Gold,Hilton Gold,Starbucks Gold
Anyways, I gave them a piece of my mind earlier.

I replied to their cancellation email .

"Dear krpjr -

Your language certainly speaks to your frustration. I understand as the decision and demand from Korean Airlines to cancel your booking has a negative impact on us as well.

I again apologize for the frustration and inconvenience.

Sincerely,
David
Vayama Customer Relations Manager"
Old May 2, 2012, 10:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, CX DM, SQ Gold

Myanmar being Myanmar I would just go get a visa if my LX-stock tickets end up surviving.

I would not try to board my positioning flight to RGN without a visa. They could deny me boarding and I miss out on awesome cheap EQM.

RGN could make drama about my fare and deny me boarding and I would end up sleeping in the the airport until there is a way out. Too much can go wrong. Do not gamble on sneaking in without a visa and staying airside, even if the terminal architecture may allow it (which I don't know).
Old May 2, 2012, 10:25 pm

After being placed on hold for 10 minutes, I was told I would "called within 24 hours by vayama with an explanation." I am not confident I will receive a call.

And, for the record, I only initiated contact AFTER the cancellation.
Old May 2, 2012, 10:27 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
Originally Posted by SensFan
How often do currencies get devaluated from 6.4-1 to 818-1 overnight though? I am thinking that this fare must have been around since the beginning of April when that happened.
And lasted for <48H after being posted on FT
Old May 2, 2012, 10:30 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, AA G, Ex-DL GM, Ex-UA 1P
My KE ticketed itinerary booked on travelation.com has also been canceled:

MISCELLANEOUS 01DEC BANGKOK
SATURDAY *****THE AIRLINE WAS UNABLE TO CONFIRM YOUR
RESERVATION REQUEST*****

This was after the reservation was confirmed and ticketed 18 hours prior.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.