Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2012, 8:12 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Bronze
As long as DL, who issued the ticket, pays my cancellation fee of $1,000 (which was clearly disclosed by me here, right now) I don't really care if they cancel. No segments on KE though, so I still have my fingers crossed.

Also, ulzimates, I have DJ on my itinerary, but operated by SQ. Same problem, doesn't show on their site and SQ's site is vague about what class I'm in.
Old May 2, 2012, 8:12 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
I got canceled by vayama as well. TG+KE+KE, KE ticket #, ticketed 36 hours ago.

Again, thanks to the OP, it was a great ride while it lasted. Sometimes there things work (I was lucky that I got in on the EWR-ANYWHERE-SEA, and TK E+ deals). Sometimes they don't. I really hope some of you get to make your trips, I'll be jealous, but hope it happens. I'm out
Old May 2, 2012, 8:14 pm

Anyone seeing anything to South Pacific on a site other than Cheapo? Thanks.
Old May 2, 2012, 8:14 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by HawaiiO
Mine was on NH and NH stock.

Got generic email from Vayama saying that KE canceled the ticket.
Vayama could at least put in the correct airline company.
Now for that one I would email back and state that you don't have and KE tickets and ask what this email has to do with your NH tickets....
Old May 2, 2012, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by belfordrocks
just hypothetical though, what to do if they call you? Pick up, or ignore it?
do not pick up the phone for at least a week!
Old May 2, 2012, 8:16 pm

I don't want to jinx things, but I do have a question: having successfully booked a ticket from RGN to JFK that has an e-ticket # etc..., at what point can one assume that things are going to work out and begin to take care of the outbound leg? A week? Two? More?
Old May 2, 2012, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by ukinny2000
I don't want to jinx things, but I do have a question: having successfully booked a ticket from RGN to JFK that has an e-ticket # etc..., at what point can one assume that things are going to work out and begin to take care of the outbound leg? A week? Two? More?
Tough question - techincally one would assume to be in the clear a week or two later (ROR aside - different issue)... but who knows!
Old May 2, 2012, 8:19 pm

at what point can one assume that things are going to work out and begin to take care of the outbound leg? A week? Two? More?
I'm going to wait until the earlier of:

1) The end of May (giving me ~6 months to book for my Jan trip)
2) The first successful report of a FTer flying on a fare

I have four tickets, three of them on different stocks and through different TAs, so I'm assuming after 3-4 weeks I'm likely going to be fine.
Old May 2, 2012, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by erik123
do not pick up the phone for at least a week!
Just got two calls from "Private number"- declined to pick up.
Old May 2, 2012, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by belfordrocks
Anyone seeing anything to South Pacific on a site other than Cheapo? Thanks.
Yes, a whopping 17565 EQM to UA for 362$ on TL.
Old May 2, 2012, 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by LilZeppelin
Yes, a whopping 17565 EQM on UA for 362$ on TL.
Details please? Routing?

Thanks ^
Old May 2, 2012, 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by LilZeppelin
Yes, a whopping 17565 EQM on UA for 362$ on TL.
Routing?
Old May 2, 2012, 8:23 pm

Programs: AMEX PLT, AA PPro, Spire AMB
So let's say that TO let people fly on the exact same itinerary I had with vayama. If that's the case and the ticket I had with vayama was not cancelled by the airline but by the travel agency, I can't fight that? Just a thought.

Btw, I have not called and will not until everything does down.
Old May 2, 2012, 8:23 pm
dll

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
If I'm reading the tea leaves here it seems like Vayama is the only agency that had ticketed reservations and is now cancelling them - there were others that cancelled them prior to ticketing. Are there any reports of Opodo, Travelocity, American Express, etc. cancelling these since ticketing?

I suspect it would result in a nasty debit memo to the travel agency if they do not follow through with the cancellation demand from the ticketing carrier and could also result in denied boarding, but curious if Vayama is taking the more financially secure high-road here and just getting out of these bookings to avoid trouble with the airlines.
Old May 2, 2012, 8:24 pm

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Important to note: to this point, for those with NH/DL/JL tickets, it seems to be the ticketing agency unilaterally canceling an d not the airlines.

Still holding 6 here, all ticketed through my GDS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.