Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2012, 9:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Happy to report that all my tickets are still intact. I've never liked Vayama, so luckily didn't ticket anything there.

I mostly have F TPAC tickets. Only one KE, thankfully.

I believe that if there is some so called mistake, that it needs to be caught and rectified quickly. Normally I use the less than 24 hours after ticketing. The new US law is interesting.

For those canceled by Vayama, I would vigorously defend your tickets. I'm sure smarter folk that me, will come up with a good plan.
Old May 2, 2012, 9:32 pm

Location: Lat. N41., Long. W-75, in the NJ foothills of the Poconos
Programs: Ex-Con Million Miler, UA MM, CO Plat dozen, Onepass member since 1988
UA EQM

Can I earn UA EQM on the Air India legs?

I looked on .bomb and AI.com, they seem to have limited partnerships.

Bernoulli
2mg

Originally Posted by danger
That may be all well and good but I don't know any airline (or booking agency) that works in reverse.

If I mistakenly book a fare (for example, book into EWR instead of LGA or my eyesight is poor and think an 8 is a 6 or whatever) then everyone seems to argue 'your fault, too bad, your problem, not ours'.

If an airline can use 'it was a mistake' as an excuse, there's no reason why the same luxury shouldn't be afforded to the passenger.
You obviously weren't part of the OK deal.

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Kimpton IC; IHG Diamond Ambassador;
Originally Posted by heramato
After 48hs and 90.000 views I had to highlight his comment.

THANK YOU OP - VIE380 for the fun.
Agreed.

After having one canceled and one remaining, whatever happens, it's been a fun couple days. Sure has cut into my productivity at work, not going to lie.

Looking forward to continuing to see this develop... good luck to everyone who is still ticketed!
Old May 2, 2012, 9:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, UA Premier Gold
Just got the following email for a TG/JL/AA/QF/AR/TA RGN-BKK-NRT-LAX(stop)-MIA-EZE(stop)-LIM-GIG which they had initially said was being ticketed using paper tickets, reservation still shows confirmed on all airlines:

Thank you for choosing CheapOair.com.

This is in reference to booking #XXXXXXXX.

Due to the airlines involved, we were unable to issue the itinerary that you booked. We were unable to find alternate fare options that closely matched the quoted price.

If you are flexible with your travel dates, please call us using our toll free number 866-654-5204, option 2, or forward a copy of this email to [email protected] and provide us alternate dates so we can begin looking for cheaper fare options.

Thank you,
CheapOair.com
Ticketing Department
Old May 2, 2012, 9:35 pm

Location: New Orleans on a sabattical. My roots are in Los Angeles.
Programs: Chase Palladium, AMEX Plat, UA Plat, AA EXP, HH/SPG G, PC plat
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
There are reasons why many Jumbo fares aren't on Flyertalk any more. Calling any time while tickets are still available is a no-no.

Calling up to threaten the airlines is just not a wise choice. I've flown dozens of Jumbos, and have never had to call up and try to "scare" some billion dollar airline.
"Jumbos" --- that's a new term for me.
Old May 2, 2012, 9:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold - A3 Gold - FB Gold - IHG Plat - SPG Gold -Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by joshekg
Just got the following email for a TG/JL/AA/QF/AR/TA RGN-BKK-NRT-LAX(stop)-MIA-EZE(stop)-LIM-GIG which they had initially said was being ticketed using paper tickets, reservation still shows confirmed on all airlines:

This is in reference to booking #XXXXXXXX.

Due to the airlines involved, we were unable to issue the itinerary that you booked. We were unable to find alternate fare options that closely matched the quoted price.

If you are flexible with your travel dates, please call us using our toll free number 866-654-5204, option 2, or forward a copy of this email to [email protected] and provide us alternate dates so we can begin looking for cheaper fare options.

Thank you,
CheapOair.com
Ticketing Department
EZE-LIM-GIG was going to far! Good luck with it.
Old May 2, 2012, 9:36 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by joshekg

Uh oh. This is the first report of issues with CheapO, no? Did you have e-ticket numbers, i.e. was it confirmed yet?
Old May 2, 2012, 9:37 pm

Programs: AA Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz Gold
I haven't received an e-mail from Vayama yet about my NH ticket on SQ/NH, but I checked the itinerary on Vayama and NH and it appears to have been cancelled.
Old May 2, 2012, 9:38 pm

Location: Austin, TX -- AA Life Platinum; QF Life Silver; UA Silver
Originally Posted by ironmanjt
I'm not a contract lawyer, but I do do financial risk management

If the airlines sold goods in MMK, and didn't put alerts in place to monitor exchange rates, that is complete and utter incompetence. Anyone with a BS in Finance should know better than that.
When the EGP dropped 10-20% vs the $ a few years back, oneworld still honored the AONE5 ticket I bought.

The interesting thing, is supposedly the MMK 'black market' rate has been 800:1$ for some time. Could you previously buy tickets for MMK cash in Myanmar?

Last edited by hauteboy; May 2, 2012 at 9:43 pm
Old May 2, 2012, 9:40 pm

Programs: AAEXP, BASlv, UAGold, Hyatt Diam, IHG Plt, SPG Plt, HH Diam, MR Plat, CC Gold, Nat ExecElite
Originally Posted by rankourabu
SOL when it comes to Vayama:

Vayama reserves the right to cancel a reservation and provide full refund of all charges on this request in case of fare errors, incorrect fare rules, system errors, availability problems, reservations not confirmed by carriers, and other technical issues that may prohibit Vayama from fulfilling a customer's reservation at the cost provided and in a timely manner. In these cases Vayama will always look for an alternative and when we find the fares to be higher than the original offer the customer has the right to decline the offer.
Just my thoughts: "Fulfilling a customer's reservation" really means ticketing the reservation. If they already ticketed the reservation, they don't really have the right to cancel it.
Old May 2, 2012, 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by hobo13
Uh oh. This is the first report of issues with CheapO, no? Did you have e-ticket numbers, i.e. was it confirmed yet?
Booked through CheapO, confirmation received, no issues yet. Fingers crossed...
Old May 2, 2012, 9:41 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, IHG Diamond, GHA Titanium
Just got the email from Vayama informing me that my DL ticket for RGN-SIN-LHR-JFK has been cancelled. Eticket receipt on DL.com shows coupon status as VOID.
Old May 2, 2012, 9:41 pm

Programs: UA*S/Club, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by ironmanjt
Again, in my experience, agree.

Courts in the US repeatedly hold that a written contract, once agreed to by both parties (and a ticket number I would think constitutes this) cannot be unilaterally canceled.
Stepping in for MatthewLAX, who I thought was still in law school (if you've been admitted congrats!), but one party to a contract can unilaterally cancel a contract. The question then becomes whether they are in breach of the contract. Even if the party is in breach, courts are generally reluctant to award specific performance (i.e. force the airlines to honor your tickets). The question then becomes what are your damages? If you've made non-refundable travel arrangements, you should be reimbursed for that. You also might/should receive some compensation for your trouble (lost opportunity, time wasted, etc.).

ETA: This is not legal advice

Last edited by Bulldog83; May 2, 2012 at 9:46 pm
Old May 2, 2012, 9:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by hobo13
Reservation shows as confirmed, but no e-ticket numbers is it was being paper ticketed. I still have a ticketed (but e-tickets) flight booked using TL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.