Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2012, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
First KE.

Then the rest will follow.

KE can also search out any tickets with their flight number , in any itinerary originating from RGN in the last say, 48 hours. All they need to do is cancel their portion of the reservation and effectively your entire ticket is rendered useless. Basically any airline can do that on a multiple airline/segmented ticket.
Old May 3, 2012, 3:25 am

Programs: Alaska 75K, Delta Plat, BA Gold
RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included, prices vary

I have a flight departing from Rgn to Bos next week. Should get my visa monday. Yes I an a risk taker.
Old May 3, 2012, 3:27 am

Programs: AA Plat, DL PM, *A G, IHGClub PlatAmb, SPG G, Marriott G
Originally Posted by odetophil
I have a flight departing from Rgn to Bos next week. Should get my visa monday. Yes I an a risk taker.
Good luck!! Love to hear how it goes.
Old May 3, 2012, 3:35 am

What airline?
Old May 3, 2012, 3:38 am

Programs: Alaska 75K, Delta Plat, BA Gold
TG stock
Old May 3, 2012, 3:41 am
Suspended

Programs: *A
Received vayama cancellation after ticketing. They reference KE in the letter but I booked mine with TG/NH/NH.

Dear Customer –

Yesterday, May 1, 2012, you completed a booking through our website which we are unable to satisfy due to a fare filing error causing the fares at that time to be artificially lower than required.

As a result of this error we have been informed by our Airline partner, Korean Airlines, of the need to cancel the booking and provide you with a full refund.

Although not what we prefer, this action is in compliance with the Terms and Conditions to which you agreed to at the time of booking. Specifically stated:
Vayama reserves the right to cancel a reservation and provide full refund of all charges on this request in case of fare errors, incorrect fare rules, system errors, availability problems, reservations not confirmed by carriers, and other technical issues that may prohibit Vayama from fulfilling a customer's reservation at the cost provided and in a timely manner.

The issue causing the pricing error has been corrected. With that being the case, we encourage you to return to our website to review pricing and flight options which meet your travel budget and needs.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Vayama

Ticket Details
Ticket ID:
Department: CS - USA
Type: Issue
Old May 3, 2012, 4:03 am

Programs: AA Plat, DL PM, *A G, IHGClub PlatAmb, SPG G, Marriott G
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
First KE.

While you are probably right, it's fun to dream.
Old May 3, 2012, 4:06 am

Good luck, sir.

I want to go after 2 weeks, it was cancelled KE stock. It is sad.
Old May 3, 2012, 4:29 am

Programs: ROP Gold
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
First KE.

So we do not expect any airline to honour this offer? That is quite sad.

PS: Thank you Guy Betsy for the information about the fare condition.
Old May 3, 2012, 4:36 am

Programs: NEXUS; *A Gold
Is anyone truly surprised to see their tickets being cancelled?

The first sign of a mistake fare to the airline or OTA is when an incredible amount of bookings come through for the same routing in a very short amount of time, and of course when it garners the attention of 100+ pages on FT

Dare i mention the huge influx of bookings from RGN of all places??

Remember, too many cooks often spoil the soup!!
Old May 3, 2012, 4:46 am

Programs: Velocity Gold
None of the ones originally booked through SilkAir a month ago have been cancelled. These tickets were exclusively on SQ and MI.

Haven't heard of any cancellations through travelocity yet. Great fun watching this go by.
Old May 3, 2012, 4:49 am

Originally Posted by Neil791
Is anyone truly surprised to see their tickets being cancelled?

The first sign of a mistake fare to the airline or OTA is when an incredible amount of bookings come through for the same routing in a very short amount of time, and of course when it garners the attention of 100+ pages on FT

Dare i mention the huge influx of bookings from RGN of all places??

Remember, too many cooks often spoil the soup!!
So sir, how do we get rid of this extremely high numbers of "cooks" who have spoiled this particular dish of soup.

Too many members here and on the Australian site?
Let's get rid of some, particularly like me a "Newbie"
Old May 3, 2012, 4:58 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, CX DM, SQ Gold
Status update

My KE stock travelocity booking in F is still ticketed.

My LX stock Vayama booking in J is still ticketed.

My KE stock Vayama booking in F got canned 12 hours after ticketing.

I think Travelocity is just slower than Vayama. They will cancel me soon, fairly sure.

For the J ticket on LX stock (departure is 10 days from now), I am still hopeful.
Old May 3, 2012, 5:19 am
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
Originally Posted by 2mg
Those of you with your panties in bunch about suing.

Let's just say your tickets weren't cancelled and you haul you cookies over to RGN, you check in and upon arrival at the gate the GA tells you...

Uhh, there seems to be a mistake, this ticket is actually $XX,XXX and we need to collect the additional revenue. We can't let you board unless you pay the additional costs.

Who is prepared to deal with that?

It's happened to me and to be honest, I raised a stink and they looked at me and said, do you want on the plane or not?

This lawsuit bizness won't mean jack in Myanmar and it doesn't mean jack here. Any lawyer worth their hourly rate will simply pull up Flyer Talk and use this thread to defend the fact that we ALL KNEW this was a mistake.

I hope it sticks.
Look what happened with KE and ROR.
This price is INSANE.
I purchased 3 tickets because the price was so unbelievable.

These are paraphrases of comments I've read and so...
do we really have any room to sue?

Granted it's not like the other mistakes, because this is rooted in currency conversions and not some FAT FINGER issue of days past. And I'm by no means on board with these cancellations, but did they happen within 24 hours? Were they with less than trustworthy companies?

Finally, this is a serious issue that the (FT) powers that be have to deal with. They've gotten TOO big and when something like this appears, it ultimately kills it for EVERYONE.

I for one am all about paid subscriptions at this point

Especially if it will help separate the men/women from the boys/girls.
I think your missing the point although I feel for your predicament. To those that keep wanting to dismiss bringing lawsuits, I appreciate your point of view, but why it so compels you to bring forth such advise it boggles my mind.

It is important to keep in mind that is all well and good that many will just "move-on". It is a critical stage to get rid of many/most parties that will just disappear. It is only then that the airlines and ticketing agents will start to negotiate. I can tell you from experience that in some cases "error" fares resulted in people getting nothing, while on the other hand some here got very valuable rewards for their insistence/lawsuits. There have been some that have been generous enough to where there still are gag orders in effect. Therefore I say to the more determined and willing, to let the armchair lawyers give their monday morning quarterback reports and allow the folks that do not intend to carry on a fight to quietly exit stage left.

Last edited by psyflyer; May 3, 2012 at 6:05 am Reason: sp
Old May 3, 2012, 5:45 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
I woke up to find my DL-issued ticket RGN-SIN-LHR-DTW cancelled, no KE segments, booked on Vayama morning of 5/1. Generic E-mail received overnight mentioning KE even though no KE segments. The ticket was just over $1K and was hoping it might fly under the radar.

A ticket booked on another site on night of 5/1 on TG, NH, and UA is still intact, but who knows for how long.

It was fun while it lasted...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.