Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2012, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by honzeek_cz
Can you do this for those that are already electronic? What if they are booked through OTA, still can you do it.

I actually called (please read the rest before freaking out ;-) ) two days ago and anonymously asked TA agent if it is possible to chose paper over e-ticket and was told no as they do not have necessary equipment to issue paper ticktets. I do not think that's true though.
All TAs can still convert etickets to paper tickets. They need to do it manually and many agents simply don't know how to process it since it is rarely done. It can be done, you just need to find the right agent and pay paper ticket fee.

Ticketing airlines can also convert it to paper. Many, however, are reluctant to touch your TA booking. If you find a right agent, he/she can take over TA booking and convert it to paper. Airlines will charge a TA take over fee in addition to paper ticket fee.
Old May 3, 2012, 11:37 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by TerryK
All TAs can still convert etickets to paper tickets. They need to do it manually and many agents simply don't know how to process it since it is rarely done. It can be done, you just need to find the right agent and pay paper ticket fee.

Ticketing airlines can also convert it to paper. Many, however, are reluctant to touch your TA booking. If you find a right agent, he/she can take over TA booking and convert it to paper. Airlines will charge a TA take over fee in addition to paper ticket fee.
Do they need to have a certain type of card stock in order to print paper tickets?
Old May 3, 2012, 11:38 am

Programs: Several dozen
Not negligence fares at all. These fares are both predictable and inevitable. Gotta remember that the only things certain in life are death, taxes and that internal controls degrade over time.

Originally Posted by odetophil
We should stop calling these mistake fares. It is an admission that we know these fares shouldn't have happened and airlines have the right to take them away at our expense, even when the tickets are issued and confirmed. Instead, I suggest start calling them negligence fares. It puts the blame squarely on them.
Old May 3, 2012, 11:41 am

Charges from the airlines disappeared from my credit card.

Not encouraging.
Old May 3, 2012, 11:41 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
My booking from 7pm last night (when some of the fares were vanishing) just ticketed. I wasn't quite expecting that.

Last edited by seanp7; May 3, 2012 at 11:59 am
Old May 3, 2012, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Spiff
Do they need to have a certain type of card stock in order to print paper tickets?
It is the same card stock which TAs use to print paper eticket receipts (ATB2?). i.e. a (usually) one page card showing your itinerary and eticket number. TAs can use the same card stock to print paper tickets; they just need to know how to do it manually since it is no longer automated. If an agent joined TA business in the past five years, he/she may not even know what a paper ticket is. Note: some TAs also charge an administrative fee, in addition to paper ticket fee. Paper ticket fee goes to the airlines.

Last edited by TerryK; May 3, 2012 at 11:54 am
Old May 3, 2012, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by TerryK
It is the same card stock which TAs use to print eticket receipts.
I see. Thanks!
Old May 3, 2012, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by odetophil
I have a flight departing from Rgn to Bos next week. Should get my visa monday. Yes I an a risk taker.
Could you explain the visa process? p.m. is fine too, if preferrable for you.
TIA!
Old May 3, 2012, 12:00 pm

Is the fare now gone? Having been burnt by the OK fiasco, I've been monitoring this thread for 2 days. Finally wanted to bite the bullet on Opodo but can't seem to find it for any of JFK, SFO, LAX, EZE, LIM, GRU.
Old May 3, 2012, 12:00 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA E- inhabitant

Last edited by jetta2.0t; Mar 21, 2013 at 5:43 pm
Old May 3, 2012, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by jetta2.0t
I've never run across a DL counter that doesn't have the green/beige paper stock. Paper in this case might just be a valuable currency. Of course, they could blacklist the ticket, but when has DL not honored these before?
I was asking re: travel agents issuing paper tickets. Yes, I am sure the airlines all have the correct card stock.
Old May 3, 2012, 12:04 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by pogonation
assuming its booked through amadeus (which I assume it is) then go to eitr.amadeusasia.com/ then put in your res code and it will show you your ticket receipt along with the fare codes listed under CL ^
is there a sabre version of this?
Old May 3, 2012, 12:08 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA E- inhabitant

Last edited by jetta2.0t; Mar 21, 2013 at 5:42 pm
Old May 3, 2012, 12:11 pm

Programs: The local deli gives me 1 free sandwich after I buy 10
Originally Posted by Spiff
I certainly didn't make a mistake. @:-)
Exactly!
As called some time ago they are 'jumbo sales' or what I yell across the hall to my co-workers, "what a great deal!"

If the airline says it was a mistake and cancel then I find it an easy walk to small claims court from my home. $20 was well worth the fee I paid a few years ago for small claims court to force BA to send a representative twice to resolve a very similar issue before a judge. During the second visit the BA lawyer representative took me aside and asked what can be done to resolve this? We reached a happy resolution that night
Court house is only a 10 minute walk for me. I am ready to meet reps from DL, TG, OZ or AI. Bottom line once ticketed it should be considered a contract between two parties, once broken is a breach.
Old May 3, 2012, 12:14 pm

Programs: United 1P, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Clincher
Exactly!
As called some time ago they are 'jumbo sales' or what I yell across the hall to my co-workers, "what a great deal!"

If the airline says it was a mistake and cancel then I find it an easy walk to small claims court from my home. $20 was well worth the fee I paid a few years ago for small claims court to force BA to send a representative twice to resolve this before a judge. During the second visit the BA lawyer representative took me aside and asked what can be done to resolve this? We reached a happy resolution that night
Court house is only a 10 minute walk for me. I am ready to meet reps from DL, TG, OZ or AI. Bottom line once ticketed it should be considered a contract between two parties, once broken is a breach.
I like you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.