Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2012, 12:15 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by jetta2.0t
I wouldn't even wait for a TA response, I'd high-tail it to a DL counter and have it printed.
Not an option for me; I'm not flying Delta. Others might consider this, but right now still might not be a good time for presentation of tickets to a human.
Old May 3, 2012, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Clincher
If the airline says it was a mistake and cancel then I find it an easy walk to small claims court from my home. $20 was well worth the fee I paid a few years ago for small claims court to force BA to send a representative twice to resolve this before a judge. During the second visit the BA lawyer representative took me aside and asked what can be done to resolve this? We reached a happy resolution that night
Court house is only a 10 minute walk for me. I am ready to meet reps from DL, TG, OZ or AI. Bottom line once ticketed it should be considered a contract between two parties, once broken is a breach.
I'd be interested in details, if you don't mind sharing. Just received cxl e-mail from Vayama for my two itineraries. I have ticket numbers, KE stock.
Old May 3, 2012, 12:18 pm

what if more than one comes through?

I am waiting for the confirmed reservation from yesterday to come through and get ticketed on AI, but in the meantime, in case it falls apart, I am tempted to make a second reservation on TL.

I see many people booking more than one reservation, I am wondering what you are supposed to do if, let's say, both of them come through?

Is there smart strategy for this? I don't want to wait until tomorrow to find out my original one falls apart, then TL deal is gone.

TL tix is non-refundable, right? or at best you can keep the credit for a year on the same company? I know for sure i will NOT be needing AI credit.

what should I do? go ahead? or not..?
Old May 3, 2012, 12:27 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Question

Originally Posted by pogonation
assuming its booked through amadeus (which I assume it is) then go to eitr.amadeusasia.com/ then put in your res code and it will show you your ticket receipt along with the fare codes listed under CL ^
Thank you so much. Couldn't find my ticket # at opodo.co.uk, but found it using this amadeus link. As I suspected, I have DL/006 ticket stock.

I got the DL confirmation #, and was able to pull it up using the confirmation # at dl.com. My SM# must not have made it through on the booking, because I can't find it in My Itineraries at DL.com, but was able to pull it up with the DL confirmation #. I can add my SM# at DL.com now.

Interesting things:
* All legs except the initial RGN-BKK leg show up on the itin. The BKK-RGN final leg shows up just fine. Both are on TG.
* Passenger name is JOHNMR DOE, not JOHN DOE, or MR. JOHN DOE.
* Reservation made yesterday (Wed May 2) AM EDT, ticketing date is today May 3.
Old May 3, 2012, 12:30 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by backwardsir
I am waiting for the confirmed reservation from yesterday to come through and get ticketed on AI, but in the meantime, in case it falls apart, I am tempted to make a second reservation on TL.

I see many people booking more than one reservation, I am wondering what you are supposed to do if, let's say, both of them come through?

Is there smart strategy for this? I don't want to wait until tomorrow to find out my original one falls apart, then TL deal is gone.

TL tix is non-refundable, right? or at best you can keep the credit for a year on the same company? I know for sure i will NOT be needing AI credit.

what should I do? go ahead? or not..?
Wow, first post after 3 years! Welcome to FT!
Old May 3, 2012, 12:35 pm

Other than BT or Vayama, Cheapoair should also be the target if anybody plans to have a lawsuit against. 'Due to the other airlines', the ticket cannot be issued when the ticket number is confirmed and record locator is issued? I had two other tickets through CO/UA earlier this year through them, and they just kept delaying our response when some problems occurred and I demanded to cancel the ticket. I am fine with Vayama canceling the ticket within 24 hours after issue, but the Cheapoair contacted us exactly a day after the ticket was confirmed and issued. It is nasty, but I will be very pissed off if Cheapoair doesn't push it through.
Old May 3, 2012, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

From Travelocity's website:

Everything about your booking will be RIGHT, or we'll work with our partners to make it right, right away. Learn More
Of course, if you click the link, you get to the wrong page - something about price matching.
Old May 3, 2012, 12:36 pm

Programs: LX HON Circle
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.168 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/130)

Got my 2 tix on DL stock transformed into paper tix today at a DL ticket office in Europe.
Old May 3, 2012, 12:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat
I'll be in JFK, SFO, LAX, and HKG in the next 4 days.

I will try to get my tickets reissued on paper. We'll see if that can happen.
Old May 3, 2012, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by f4freeJunior
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.168 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/130)

Got my 2 tix on DL stock transformed into paper tix today at a DL ticket office in Europe.
Good to hear - any difficulty when you did this? Did you have to pay a paper ticket fee?
Old May 3, 2012, 12:39 pm

Programs: The local deli gives me 1 free sandwich after I buy 10
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
I'd be interested in details, if you don't mind sharing. Just received cxl e-mail from Vayama for my two itineraries. I have ticket numbers, KE stock.
If you don't mind reading a little you can read all about it here starting at this post give or take 50 posts.
You will see several on that thread also on this thread

The media loved the BA story just like they did on the Wicked Fare to LCA.
I would think this airline 'sale' from RGN by several airlines and the currency situation in Myanmar is also a great story.
Old May 3, 2012, 12:41 pm

Smile ideas?

Originally Posted by skunker
Wow, first post after 3 years! Welcome to FT!
yup right, my first post!
would be nice if someone give me some ideas...
Old May 3, 2012, 12:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat
Originally Posted by f4freeJunior

What travel agency were they issued with, and how much did it cost?
Old May 3, 2012, 12:49 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
i have 988 stock ticket from travelocity.
but the pending charge is from Bangkok airways.
is it normal?
Old May 3, 2012, 12:56 pm

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
An update:

DL issued tickets from Vayama cancelled via "Korean Airlines" email. Tickets show void on checkmytrip. Email to Vayama unanswered so far.

Booked AI coded tickets today RGN-CCU-DEL-JFK for $418ai J on Amex Travel. Ticketed within 10 minutes. 5 digit PNR given. Was able to pull up on AI website, but now nothing comes up, yet no cancellation notice. Because of 5 digit PNR, can't use checkmytrip....puzzled on this one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.