Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2012, 1:15 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by thierry

Still have one booked on Opodo.fr and ticketed on DL stock sticking....
Me too.

Here's hoping.
Old May 3, 2012, 1:39 am

Anybody had any bookings on TL cancelled yet?
Old May 3, 2012, 1:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by jakesideas
Just wondering why an airline would price a ticket in another currency besides their own countries? Doesn't that set them up for issues like these all the time?

So buying a McDonalds in Amsterdam should be in US$ just because its an american company?
Old May 3, 2012, 1:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ironmanjt
Disagree. I invested lots of time in this, finding a route I wanted to fly on a fare the airline offered me. I put in time and effort that they as a merchant was not able to. Minimum, I expect to be compensated for that if they try and unilaterally cancel the contract that's been created.
They (airline) only need to cancel the reservation.

Your e-ticket might still be intact.. or they cancel this ticket.

So even if you reinstate the booking, the two won't match up ... once that happens you need to reissue. To higher fare.
Old May 3, 2012, 1:47 am

I'm starting to get buyer's remorse...
Old May 3, 2012, 1:47 am

Programs: Lufthansa-BA-Ethihad-Turkish Airlines-China Airlines-Oman Air - Hilton - Marriott...
It looks like JNB/CPT is the "last hope" now.
gosh that was scary, rng-nyc only still works with air india on last leg now :-(

booked rng-ho chi minh- hkg - johannesburg - 5 minutes ago- business class on vietnam - cathay and south african = 234 €

Last edited by sweetbread; May 3, 2012 at 2:01 am
Old May 3, 2012, 1:52 am

Programs: UA LT Gold, Air France Platinum Ulti, AA 4MM EXP, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
which travel agency?
Old May 3, 2012, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ukinny2000
I don't want to jinx things, but I do have a question: having successfully booked a ticket from RGN to JFK that has an e-ticket # etc..., at what point can one assume that things are going to work out and begin to take care of the outbound leg? A week? Two? More?
You don't think the airlines involved are watching this thread? They know whose document (plate) that are issued .. and all they need to do is command a search for all unusual activity for tickets issued originating from RGN and voila. KE will eventually let all Skyteam partners know.. or maybe its even DL.

This won't go away just because you keep silent. It might be now, later, tomorrow, next year.. but the airlines can decide to cancel your reservation anytime.

Then they refund your money... when asked.

Basically once e-ticketing came into play.. the days of airlines honoring mistakes are gone.
Old May 3, 2012, 1:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by indo79
Bought 24 hours ago, ticketed about 5 hours later through TL, NH ticket number RGN-SIN-NRT-SEA, still valid.

Planning to go SIN-RGN on Jetstar. arriving at 11am, and staying at airport until my 4.40pm flight back to SIN on MI. Will not apply for a visa as I will be airside, hell I will even check in for my RGN-SIN flight in SIN if I can
There may not be 'airside' transfers..especially for military run airports. Best to apply for a visa. Jetstar may refuse travel to Myanmar if you do not possess visa if rules state that you must have a visa even if you do not plan on leaving airport.

People will eventually find out that Myanmar visa may not be as cut and dry as some other countries.
Old May 3, 2012, 2:21 am

What about connections in Hanoi? I've got a 1:20 connection VN-OZ, is that enough?
Old May 3, 2012, 2:33 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, NWA WorldPerks deserter, Alaska Airlines Something-er-Other...
Question

Hey..... I wonder if having bought the trip insurance would count for anything.....

And if not, would you get that reimbursed?
Old May 3, 2012, 2:36 am

Okay, if I'm having reservations and could possibly change my mind, what are my options w/r/t cancellation?

At worst it's only $270 so I could cut the losses, but still...
Old May 3, 2012, 2:45 am

How about DL, SQ, TG ticket?

I got email by Vayama for Korean airlines was cancelled.

LH, SQ, DL ticket was cancelled also?
Old May 3, 2012, 2:55 am

Programs: AA Plat, DL PM, *A G, IHGClub PlatAmb, SPG G, Marriott G
Originally Posted by Kwang su
I got email by Vayama for Korean airlines was cancelled.

LH, SQ, DL ticket was cancelled also?
Yes, if these flights were on the same itinerary. Although Vayama is blaming Korean Airlines, it sounds like they are cancelling (almost) all tickets regardless of which airline they were booked/ticketed on.
Old May 3, 2012, 3:03 am

Programs: AA Plat, DL PM, *A G, IHGClub PlatAmb, SPG G, Marriott G
Upcoming flights?

Just checking. Does anyone have a flight still ticketed for the next 1-2 weeks?

I'm scheduled for a MR RGN/BKK/ARN/JFK/AMS/BKK/RGN on TG-DL-CI departing 3 weeks from today if it remains (booked and ticketed through TL)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.