Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(FARE GONE) TK: HKG-IST-LAX $802 ai rt 2.4 cpm (Premium Econ)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(FARE GONE) TK: HKG-IST-LAX $802 ai rt 2.4 cpm (Premium Econ)

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2011, 3:29 am

Programs: All of Them
Originally Posted by schley
If there is a fare difference then yes you will. Fully refundable tickets don't mean carte blanche wherever you want to travel in the world for the original fare paid. For example if you book hkg-ist-lax and want to change hkg-ist-lhr-jfk-lax, if lhr and jfk weren't a part of the original permissible connection cities for your fare basis then there would be an fare difference because your new routing wouldn't qualify for your original fare.
Thanks schley for the response!
Old May 15, 2011, 4:13 am

Programs: TG*G, SQ, QF
Anone else spotted an error with the itinerary that is emailed after booking on the TK website.?

Flight TK 010 shows Dep LAX 17:55 and arrival in IST 17:10 same day. Surely this is next day arrival...???
Old May 15, 2011, 4:34 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, DL PM, IC RA
In the fare rules it sais that: "UPGRADE TO ANY HIGHER FARE IS PERMITTED". But how does it work? Do I have to pay the upgrade from $802 to $5XXX or is there a fix amount I have to pay from U class to J class? That could be cheap
Old May 15, 2011, 5:20 am

Programs: BA GGL, UA 1K, AC 35K, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cmdsea
Anone else spotted an error with the itinerary that is emailed after booking on the TK website.?

Flight TK 010 shows Dep LAX 17:55 and arrival in IST 17:10 same day. Surely this is next day arrival...???
Mine shows next day arrival for this leg of the return trip. Strange, something I would look into further.
Old May 15, 2011, 5:31 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, UA LT Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott LT Gold
To book = to purchase a ticket on this fare, provided TK won't pull out this fare.
Old May 15, 2011, 5:46 am

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
i've received TK confirmation etc, so should be valid.
Old May 15, 2011, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I booked HKG-IST (3-day stopover)-LAX-IST-HKG and a o/w HKG-IST-LAX, so adding a o/w from the US to Asia, I'll have two trips to Asia, in early July and late October. I usually use miles to book C to Asia, but I think this premium economy will be fine for me, although I do like the lie-flats in C.

Thanks a lot, OP.
Old May 15, 2011, 6:00 am

Programs: UA 1K, BA Gold, TK Elite, GE
Originally Posted by huntk
Mine shows next day arrival for this leg of the return trip. Strange, something I would look into further.
It's simply a mistake in the confirmation mail. TK10 arrives next day at IST.

For those who're looking for some "real life" pictures of the Comfort Class, there's a nice trip-report in the German forum: http://www.vielfliegertreff.de/turki...tml#post394012

It's written in German of course
Old May 15, 2011, 6:34 am

Programs: OZ *G, HHonors Gold, Aclub Plat
Booked 2 return tickets for me and wife in Nov for a week getaway in Socal.

Booked one more in end of March next year for a MR (with the 2.5 hour turnaround) just in case I dont have enough miles for *Gold. I am not a US citizen so still worried if I can make it in time. Will have 8 months to think about this MR and whether to cancel or not.
Old May 15, 2011, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Booked one of these for late October which came to C$722 a/i. However, while booking process referenced COMFORT Class, my final confirmation says ECONOMY/U. Anyone know if there are showers in the LAX STAR lounge? Glad I have Global Entry to get through Customs at LAX quickly.
Old May 15, 2011, 7:01 am

Programs: UNITED 1P
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Booked one of these for late October which came to C$722 a/i. However, while booking process referenced COMFORT Class, my final confirmation says ECONOMY/U. Anyone know if there are showers in the LAX STAR lounge? Glad I have Global Entry to get through Customs at LAX quickly.
how did you get this to 722 canadian? Even with the exchange rate, the return 802 USD doens't translate to 722?
Old May 15, 2011, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by nanirina
how did you get this to 722 canadian? Even with the exchange rate, the return 802 USD doens't translate to 722?
Oops, you're correct. Copied wrong set of numbers. It's C$784 from Euro574.
Old May 15, 2011, 7:28 am

Yes there are showers.
Old May 15, 2011, 7:33 am

Just realized that A and U fare earn 0 miles on OZ/Asiana WTH!?!
Old May 15, 2011, 7:36 am

Programs: A3*G AC*nobody TK*nobody
Oops, you're correct. Copied wrong set of numbers. It's C$784 from Euro574.
+2.5% exchange 'fee' on credit card, it get closer to ~806CAD...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.