Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(FARE GONE) TK: HKG-IST-LAX $802 ai rt 2.4 cpm (Premium Econ)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(FARE GONE) TK: HKG-IST-LAX $802 ai rt 2.4 cpm (Premium Econ)

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2011, 2:14 pm

Programs: A3*G AC*nobody TK*nobody
For those you you who booked this ticket NOT from TK.com directly, were you able to look at your e-ticket here -> http://www4.thy.com/mybookings/etinput.tk

Also not much experience w/ TK, what is the earliest for OLCI? 24 hrs?
Old May 14, 2011, 2:15 pm

Programs: A3*G AC*nobody TK*nobody
Originally Posted by aaron1262
hmm.. something interesting i just found for crediting miles. if you're able to confirm A class on these tickets, you could potentially get double RDM if crediting Agean.

According to Agean's website, Turkish "A" class is considered First Class which is 200% Accrual. + what's even better is that you only need 20K to get *Gold!!!

There's more...

"Once you have collected 16,000 miles within one year from the date which you qualified to the Blue status, you will receive the Gold Card."

So, if i interpret this correctly then you essentially need to fly 1 way from HKG-LAX to hit * Gold because HKG-IST-LAX nets nearly 12,000 miles * 2 for the bonus. Am I right? Could one really get *Gold for $400?
Look possible... and if I am going to ditch AP, I will switch for A3 just for *G status!

Oh wait, I don't think bonus count towards EQM, but if you do HKG-IST-LAX R/T then you can!
Old May 14, 2011, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by Away from YYZ
For those you you who booked this ticket NOT from TK.com directly, were you able to look at your e-ticket here -> http://www4.thy.com/mybookings/etinput.tk

Also not much experience w/ TK, what is the earliest for OLCI? 24 hrs?
No.

TK is a great airline.
A 100 days before your trip you can call to assign seating.
Old May 14, 2011, 2:20 pm

Programs: UNITED 1P
booked a one-way for myself, although in U... ah well I will credit to AC then since no hope of me getting to 1K on UA anyway... thx FLYERTALK!
Old May 14, 2011, 2:33 pm

Programs: *A Silver, AA Gold + Miles Scattered Everywhere.
for those of you fly ex LAX trying to get to HKG, CA(Air China) has a $476 from LAX in the fall free stopover in PEK. Could make this a nice mini-rtw trip. along with earn *A miles. I found Vayama has some good oneway deals as well.
Old May 14, 2011, 2:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AS MVP Gold, AA Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Away from YYZ
Check your schedule, if I remember correctly IST-LAX TK9 only have flight on Tue, Thu, Sat, Sun.
Found it, thanks!

One more question though, the website shows a 65 Euros ticketing service charge if I want a stopover. But the CC charges on the confirmation page seems to be missing that fee. What's up with that
Old May 14, 2011, 2:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Deleted

Last edited by hawk209; May 14, 2011 at 3:00 pm
Old May 14, 2011, 2:53 pm

Programs: UNITED 1P
Originally Posted by hawk209
Just booked for 5/28 HKG-IST-LAX on expedia. Third-party reservations cannot be accessed on the TK website, but you can call their reservations number to confirm and get seat assignments within 100 days. The US number is 1-800-874-8875. Just press 2 for English. (I got transferred straight to an agent - no waiting on hold!)
Is there a benefit to booking on EXP vs TK's own website? I am assuming that there's no cost to change/cancel booking on this fare from TK...
Old May 14, 2011, 2:55 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by aaron1262
for those of you fly ex LAX trying to get to HKG, CA(Air China) has a $476 from LAX in the fall free stopover in PEK. Could make this a nice mini-rtw trip. along with earn *A miles. I found Vayama has some good oneway deals as well.
Seems to book into V which only earns 50% on UA. Even worse on CO where it earns 50% EQM but 0 EQP
Old May 14, 2011, 2:56 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by notsosmart
Please don't call Tk or Expedia or anybody else. I'd like for this one to live longer than a few hours.
The US number is 1-800-874-8875. Just press 2 for English. (I got transferred straight to an agent - no waiting on hold!)
Old May 14, 2011, 2:57 pm

Programs: AA Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz Gold
The US number is . Just press 2 for English. (I got transferred straight to an agent - no waiting on hold!)
not very wise to call now and potentially alert them to this fare. It's possible it's not a mistake but best to play it safe. Wait a few days, maybe a week before calling for seat assignments.
Old May 14, 2011, 3:02 pm
jtn

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by izzik
Originally Posted by Antipode
not very wise to call now and potentially alert them to this fare. It's possible it's not a mistake but best to play it safe. Wait a few days, maybe a week before calling for seat assignments.

Exactly. Thank you for posting.
Old May 14, 2011, 3:09 pm

Interestingly, the seat maps for the HKG-IST legs in early June come up as the 1-2-1 old business class configuration with some wording about seat assignments may change due to technical reasons. IST-LAX shows the comfort class 2-3-2 configuration.

"Seat number 09K
have been reserved.
Due to the technical reasons , your seats selected on this screen may change. We apologize."
Old May 14, 2011, 3:17 pm

Programs: UA1k, AA EXP, PC Plat, Club Carlson Concierge, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Just booked mine for Late September 4403 ai, Thanks OP
Old May 14, 2011, 3:17 pm

Programs: NW-PE (ret.) DL-Diamond & 1M, Hertz #1, UA-1P
Originally Posted by nanirina
seems like A class is only available on certain days....the days I need to travel in Aug do not have A for the one way
If you specify the fare class, ITA will tell you which days have A availability. Wed, Fri, Sat. are the cheapest--$394. Adding a stopover raises the price to $402.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.