Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(FARE GONE) TK: HKG-IST-LAX $802 ai rt 2.4 cpm (Premium Econ)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(FARE GONE) TK: HKG-IST-LAX $802 ai rt 2.4 cpm (Premium Econ)

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2011, 11:05 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Originally Posted by roland_wa
What I dont get. I want to book for mid-end July. It shows me 77W and Premium Economy in Expedia. The 77W doesnt have any Comfort Class, so will I sit in Economy and which booking class will it be then? damn.
As per TK first class in 777W will be removed by the end of SEP with changes to premium economy I guess. Link.

Unless you book the first segment in Y (in case the fare allows) you should be able to change afterwards.
Old May 14, 2011, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by Keter
Where did you get this. This has never been the case for this fare. I noted in the beginning that Travelocity and KVS do not give correct rules in case you are using those sources.
Travelocity, for one-way travel.

What makes you believe Travelocity/KVS rules are "wrong" and ITA/Expedia are "right"?
Old May 14, 2011, 11:08 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Unless you book the first segment in Y (in case the fare allows) you should be able to change afterwards.
Just checked, you should not worry as ITA does not price this fare in case U class is unavailable. So all your segments should be U.
Old May 14, 2011, 11:11 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
I do not know if this is 100% accurate, but a good way to determine if Premium Economy is offered on your HKG-IST-HKG sector is to see F availability. TK owned B77W does not have any F while the 9W leased ones do - i.e. flights with F will not have U while flights without F will have U.
Old May 14, 2011, 11:14 am

Programs: BA GGL, UA 1K, AC 35K, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
UA TK Partner information link:

http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6722,52611,00.html
Old May 14, 2011, 11:19 am

77W HKG-IST No Comfort class in Oct?

As per TK first class in 777W will be removed by the end of SEP with changes to premium economy I guess. Link.

Change from Y to U?

Did a random search on TK site and still shows First class available on 77W HKG-IST and error when searching for Comfort class, so either the swap out of new 777s is delayed or not loaded into their system?
Old May 14, 2011, 11:26 am

Programs: Amex FHR elite travel agent, Ritz Stars, Hyatt Prive, Four Seasons Preferred Partner and others
Originally Posted by huntk
Looks like if you can manage to get the A fare instead of U UA thinks of it as a F fare even though it is premium economy. I would expect that you would get the 150% RDM, especially if you take a screenshot of that page.
Old May 14, 2011, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Well I bought one one-way on Expedia for next March with a 6 day stop in Istanbul for $403.20 all in.

I was going to do it on thy.com - but they could not price out the stopover.

I guess this is refundable and changeable, so no risk here.

Ticket issued within 5 minutes.
Old May 14, 2011, 11:31 am

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by chewy3
Looks like if you can manage to get the A fare instead of U UA thinks of it as a F fare even though it is premium economy. I would expect that you would get the 150% RDM, especially if you take a screenshot of that page.
Between A and U, which one is supposed to be more expensive? What are the differences between the two? Thanks in advance?

BTW, thank you OP.
Old May 14, 2011, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by lax2010
Between A and U, which one is supposed to be more expensive? What are the differences between the two? Thanks in advance?

BTW, thank you OP.
These are the fares - so if you are booking the $52 fare - you are booking A - although, AFIK, there is no way telling from Expedia.

[KVS Availability Tool 6.1.2/Platinum - Sabre: Fares/TVN/CA-STD]
Code:
HKG  Hong Kong Intl HK [VHHH]
LAX  Los Angeles Intl CA US [KLAX]
O/W  May 2011-Apr 2012

Carrier    From    To    Fare      Cur   AdvanceP  Min  Max  Fare Basis/TD | Travel Period
---------  ------  ----  --------  ----  --------  ---  ---  -----------------------------
TK         HKG     LAX        51   USD        ***       12M  A2OWHK
TK         HKG     LAX        77   USD        ***       12M  U2OWHK
Old May 14, 2011, 11:41 am

Programs: Amex FHR elite travel agent, Ritz Stars, Hyatt Prive, Four Seasons Preferred Partner and others
Originally Posted by lax2010

BTW, thank you OP.
Ironically the A fare is cheaper. There isn't too much availability in the summer from what I can see. Also, the A fare only seems to price correctly as a one-way and not as a roundtrip (at least in SABRE) whereas the U fare prices in both scenarios.
Old May 14, 2011, 12:01 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Originally Posted by rankourabu
These are the fares - so if you are booking the $52 fare - you are booking A - although, AFIK, there is no way telling from Expedia.
You can find out the booking code by clicking on the fare rules.
Old May 14, 2011, 12:26 pm

Programs: LH SEN, TK*G, Hertz PC, AVIS PC, Sixt Plat.
Originally Posted by doctor15
Nice find! I booked a trip home for a close friend who is studying abroad in China. I got jealous of the fare and ended up booking a one way from HKG for myself. I'll burn some miles to get out there.

Does anyone else have "Economy" in their confirmation? I bought it from TK and it says U but does not say comfort class anywhere.
Just call them and ask for the Amadeus Code and enter that with your last name - it will show up as Premium Economy there!
Old May 14, 2011, 12:30 pm

Programs: LH SEN, TK*G, Hertz PC, AVIS PC, Sixt Plat.
Originally Posted by Potreroflyr
Change from Y to U?

Did a random search on TK site and still shows First class available on 77W HKG-IST and error when searching for Comfort class, so either the swap out of new 777s is delayed or not loaded into their system?
As of today, there are only three weekly flights on TKs own 77Ws - they feature the Comfort Class! But all Jet-77W should be returned to the lesser September latest! TK takes delivery of quite a few 77Ws this year!

TK-77Ws feature the new product! --> The product itself does compare quite well to North American domestic-F-service.
And TK serving one of the best catering in the industry!
Old May 14, 2011, 12:33 pm
2mg

Originally Posted by rankourabu
Well I bought one one-way on Expedia for next March with a 6 day stop in Istanbul for $403.20 all in.

I was going to do it on thy.com - but they could not price out the stopover.

I guess this is refundable and changeable, so no risk here.

Ticket issued within 5 minutes.
I couldn't get it to price out stopover either. I'm ready to get this, but I've never had to get a 'refund' on an Expedia ticket. I'm pleased that this ticket is refundable, but what kind of experience can I expect if I need to cancel a March 2012 ticket?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.