Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(FARE GONE) TK: HKG-IST-LAX $802 ai rt 2.4 cpm (Premium Econ)

(FARE GONE) TK: HKG-IST-LAX $802 ai rt 2.4 cpm (Premium Econ)

Old May 14, 2011, 8:12 pm

Programs: Oneworld sapphire (IB)
EXP also gives errors when booking now. At payment page.
Old May 14, 2011, 8:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, SPG Plat
Just booked on TK website, leave Mar and return May 2012. 575 Euro, great deal.
Old May 14, 2011, 8:24 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, UA LT Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by michael9
EXP also gives errors when booking now. At payment page.
I am not sure what you are talking about but I just made another booking for spring break without any error at all. And like the first booking that I made, the ticket number was issued quickly. BTW, the last date to book this fare is 3/13/2012 or while it is still alive
Old May 14, 2011, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by blueslip
the last date to book this fare is 3/13/2012
My flights are 3/13 to IST, and 3/17 to LAX

Spring break
Old May 14, 2011, 8:40 pm

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
Also seeing it again on the TK Site, i have booked a ow fare HKG-IST (stopver)-LAX - will add on other segments later (AKL-HKG / LAX-AKL)

Got confirmation straight away from expedia, so we can't select seats until 100 days out from flight? Whats the best way to do this? Ring TK? Any way to get a TK booking ref rather than just one from expedia?
Old May 14, 2011, 9:15 pm

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Rebound
Also seeing it again on the TK Site, i have booked a ow fare HKG-IST (stopver)-LAX - will add on other segments later (AKL-HKG / LAX-AKL)

Got confirmation straight away from expedia, so we can't select seats until 100 days out from flight? Whats the best way to do this? Ring TK? Any way to get a TK booking ref rather than just one from expedia?
1. relax
2. don't worry about seat assignments right now, as others have said 100 days out is when you can do this.
3. expedia gives you a eticket number for TK as well as a TK confirmation code shortly after booking. Check your itinerary.

Enjoy the fact you got in with this deal and smile rather than getting nervous about small details.

I just got in for a november HKG-IST (short stopover)-lax-ist-hkg. Coincidentally I already had a JFK-SFO-HKG-SFO-JFK W fare on UA for $1400 a.i. that I have SWU's applied for. This premium economy deal fit right in.

Thanks to OP and all who are contributing to clarifying the details. Again people relax and don't be a nervous nellie, also don't call TK, i don't care if it is the weekend or not. Take a deep breath and congrats to all.
Old May 14, 2011, 9:18 pm

Programs: Club interjet; Airbnb
Originally Posted by blueslip
BTW, the last date to book this fare is 3/13/2012 or while it is still alive
My IST-LAX leg is in April 2012, 330 days rule.

Did you perhaps mean this from the fare rules:

[Sales Restrictions]
FOOTNOTE RULE
TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/BEFORE 18MAY11.
Old May 14, 2011, 9:34 pm

Programs: OZ *G, HHonors Gold, Aclub Plat
Originally Posted by gallen5555
yeah, have no experience in lax, i could book a hotel room for 1 day, but defeats the m/r concept. if i miss connect i wonder how turkish air would handle? i dont think they have another flite for 2 days

i should add, i booked on their site,and they offered the routing, so if there is a misconnect, how would they handle it
Bump.

Thinking of booking a MR myself on this without having to stay overnight but am worried of the tight turnaround. Have transited through LAX before and it can be a pain. Will TK protect?
Old May 14, 2011, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by calvinoeh
Bump.

Thinking of booking a MR myself on this without having to stay overnight but am worried of the tight turnaround. Have transited through LAX before and it can be a pain. Will TK protect?
I'm doing a same day turn with the 2 1/2 hour turn in LAX. No checked luggage thus it shouldn't be a problem as we are transiting. I wouldn't recommend this at all for those who have checked luggage, I don't know TK well enough to know how they would handle this issue, or even if you would have to clear customs if you are on the same day turn.

I wouldn't count on TK protecting, and if you miss plan on regular old economy class for whatever flight you get on. TK has every other day service, LAX-IST-LAX, not every day.

BTW here is the link on the TK website for their premium economy product. Very interesting. better than domestic first as they have in seat avod and a footrest.

http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-INT/comfortclass/
Old May 14, 2011, 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by calvinoeh
Bump.

Americans and Canadians should be fine.
I won't make any promises for the rest of you.
Was through TBIT LAX a few months ago. 90 minutes to get through the customs hall. That was the evening arrival push.
Is the afternoon any better?
Old May 14, 2011, 9:54 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, BMI Gold, Subway Sandwich Mustard and was UAL 1K for 2010, now 1K for 2011 too :)
For LAX , if Turkish Air parks at the Bradley terminal and departs as a United flight from terminal 7 than you might have time problems ,

I know some of the Turkish Air flights are United codeshare ,

I live in LA so never had to transit , but can you even do it in the Bradley terminal without going thru immigration ?

Rally
Old May 14, 2011, 10:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AZ Exec, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
Just booked a double-RTW MR/holiday June 2-11... this was too good to pass up, considering I'd been wanting to visit IST for a long time and I adore HKG.

June 2: YYC-YEG-YVR-HKG (AC)
June 4: HKG-IST
June 7: IST-LAX
June 9: LAX-IST
June 10: IST-HKG
June 11: HKG-YVR-YEG-YYC (AC)

I'm very concerned about IST-HKG-YVR-YEG-YYC. 2 hours should be enough to transit in HKG, but I'll be getting off a 10 hour flight on to another 10 hour flight. If I survive it will be a small miracle. This run should put me to 65k miles in one month of flying. Even I didn't realise how crazy this was until I wrote this up.
Old May 14, 2011, 10:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by hiyo
My IST-LAX leg is in April 2012, 330 days rule.

Did you perhaps mean this from the fare rules:
My last leg is May 3, 2012--when booking on tk site, this was the latest date I could book.
Old May 14, 2011, 10:44 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
Both A and U on TK accrue 110% on Aeroplan
Old May 14, 2011, 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by Santander
Just booked a double-RTW MR/holiday June 2-11... this was too good to pass up, considering I'd been wanting to visit IST for a long time and I adore HKG.

June 2: YYC-YEG-YVR-HKG (AC)
June 4: HKG-IST
June 7: IST-LAX
June 9: LAX-IST
June 10: IST-HKG
June 11: HKG-YVR-YEG-YYC (AC)

I'm very concerned about IST-HKG-YVR-YEG-YYC. 2 hours should be enough to transit in HKG, but I'll be getting off a 10 hour flight on to another 10 hour flight. If I survive it will be a small miracle. This run should put me to 65k miles in one month of flying. Even I didn't realise how crazy this was until I wrote this up.
Compression socks, hydration, vaseline for lips and nostrils, walk around during both flights. You will be fine.

I'm doing the following:

On United
oct 29 bah-kwi-iad-jfk (land on 30)
oct 31 jfk-lax-pdx-lax-jfk (land on nov 1)
nov 2 jfk-sfo-hkg (land on 3)

On Turkish
nov 4 hkg-ist (land on 5)
nov 6 ist-lax (2 1/2 hour transit)-ist (7 hour layover)-hkg (land on 8)

still debating on what to do between 11/8-13 maybe enjoy a destination for once? )

On United
nov 13 hkg-sfo-jfk (land same day, overnight jfk)
nov 14-jfk-iad-kwi-bah (land on 15)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.