Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(FARE GONE) TK: HKG-IST-LAX $802 ai rt 2.4 cpm (Premium Econ)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(FARE GONE) TK: HKG-IST-LAX $802 ai rt 2.4 cpm (Premium Econ)

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2011 | 3:19 pm

Programs: UNITED 1P
Originally Posted by speedytimmy
Interestingly, the seat maps for the HKG-IST legs in early June come up as the 1-2-1 old business class configuration with some wording about seat assignments may change due to technical reasons. IST-LAX shows the comfort class 2-3-2 configuration.

"Seat number 09K
have been reserved.
Due to the technical reasons , your seats selected on this screen may change. We apologize."
I forgot to select seat when I booked it and seems like TK.com isn't allowing online seat assignment post purchase even if ticket purchased through tk.com?
Old May 14, 2011 | 3:28 pm

I booked one for next year one way HKG-LAX! Thanks OP! Saturday night departure gets in to LA on Sunday afternoon.

One Concern: I booked on TK's website, but one thing that worries me is it says, after purchase, Cabin/Class "Economy / A". E-ticket shows A class all the way (Class: A; Cabin: U). Should I be worried? Do others who booked say perhaps "Comfort Class / A"? Or is this normal?

Last edited by Angeleno228; May 14, 2011 at 3:48 pm
Old May 14, 2011 | 3:31 pm

Programs: UNITED 1P
Originally Posted by Desdinova
If you specify the fare class, ITA will tell you which days have A availability. Wed, Fri, Sat. are the cheapest--$394. Adding a stopover raises the price to $402.
yah tried that.. no A bucket in all of August! sucks
Old May 14, 2011 | 3:39 pm
15 Years on Site

Programs: AS 100K, DL DM 1MM, UA 1MM
Originally Posted by nanirina
I forgot to select seat when I booked it and seems like TK.com isn't allowing online seat assignment post purchase even if ticket purchased through tk.com?
Seat assignments are available 100 days out.
Old May 14, 2011 | 3:44 pm

Programs: DL silver and UA silver
Question I can not retrieve my booking...

Originally Posted by Away from YYZ
For those you you who booked this ticket NOT from TK.com directly, were you able to look at your e-ticket here -> http://www4.thy.com/mybookings/etinput.tk

Also not much experience w/ TK, what is the earliest for OLCI? 24 hrs?
I booked through Expedia.US and used my ticket number to retrieve my booking from http://www4.thy.com/mybookings/etinput.tk but failed.

Does anyone know what the problem is?

Thanks.
Old May 14, 2011 | 3:45 pm
jtn

Programs: UA 1K
Booked a RT for next year. I wanted to have a stop over in IST, but when I put in a multi-stop itenerary, I can't price it out @ the $402/1 way fare. So I ended up just booking a round trip and will try to add a stop over when all of this is finished.

Thank you much OP!
Old May 14, 2011 | 3:57 pm

If you want to be a bit creative, more RDM and EQM can be had (with an assumption that ticketed booked in 'A' class earns 150% EQM with CO). CO has nice one-way fare to HKG from LAX at around 680 USD and can be routed via HNL and GUM. I think this way, using this TK one-way fare, it earns more EQM as well as RDM with Onepass.
Old May 14, 2011 | 3:59 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

Me too

Originally Posted by bearteacher
I booked through Expedia.US and used my ticket number to retrieve my booking from http://www4.thy.com/mybookings/etinput.tk but failed.

Does anyone know what the problem is?

Thanks.
I have the same problem with my booking. Expedia issued a ticket# and TK confirmation, but it won't work on the TK website.

Also, Expedia has now put a duplicate itinerary (different Expedia itinerary#, but same days/flights) in my account and that one says it's not booked.

Hmmm.
Old May 14, 2011 | 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
50 Countries Visited2M20 Years on Site

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL AC*E50
ok before anyone starts calling TK

*you cannot assign seats until 100 days before departure - and then only by phone
*you cannot view your itinerary online on their website if it wasnt booked there

Those are them rules. Live with it
Old May 14, 2011 | 4:15 pm
15 Years on Site

Programs: AMEX PLT, AA PPro, Spire AMB
Thanks OP...

Booked:

SFO-HKG (UA positioning - fare class W) OW

HKG-IST-LAX R/T nested

HKG-LAX OW.

makes for two RTW MR's...fun, for grand total of 1800 in mostly comfort and UA biz using SWU
Old May 14, 2011 | 4:17 pm
20 Years on Site

I'm not 100% sure but I think you can see your itin via lufthansa.com using the turkish locator.. maybe assign seats there?
Old May 14, 2011 | 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
50 Countries Visited2M20 Years on Site

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL AC*E50
Originally Posted by izzik
I'm not 100% sure but I think you can see your itin via lufthansa.com using the turkish locator.. maybe assign seats there?
No you cannot, Turkish PNR is not an Amadeus PNR = cannot see on lh.com, lot.com or checkmytrip.com
Old May 14, 2011 | 4:36 pm

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by rankourabu

*you cannot assign seats until 100 days before departure - and then only by phone
*you cannot view your itinerary online on their website if it wasnt booked there

Was trying to book more tickets but the TK site just went into maintenance mode; crossing my fingers now ...
Old May 14, 2011 | 4:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
Originally Posted by lax2010
Was trying to book more tickets but the TK site just went into maintenance mode; crossing my fingers now ...
I got the same message
Old May 14, 2011 | 4:48 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

Well...

Originally Posted by rankourabu

I'm pretty sure one of the TK website pages said the site could "see" the e-ticket regardless of where it was booked. Can't get the language now because apparently we've overloaded their IT systems.

Regardless, I can wait to call until after the deal is done...

Edit: Here's the website language (under "view my ticket"):

For Turkish Airlines customers, View My E-Ticket is a self-service online initiative designed to assist you by giving you reassurance about your booking by being able to view itinerary details , providing booking reference , viewing payment and invoice details of your booking . To access View My Booking, you must provide your e-ticket number. Regardless of where you made your booking, your e-ticket number is in our systems. Eticket number is a series of 13 characters containing only numbers and beginning with 235. If you do not have your own e-ticket number on any of your documentation, please contact to THY sales office or agency where you purchased your ticket who will have a record of it.

Add my thanks to the OP (s)!

Last edited by Potreroflyr; May 14, 2011 at 7:30 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.