Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(FARE GONE) TK: HKG-IST-LAX $802 ai rt 2.4 cpm (Premium Econ)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(FARE GONE) TK: HKG-IST-LAX $802 ai rt 2.4 cpm (Premium Econ)

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2011, 10:52 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
Why doesn't this fare display on Expert Flyer?
Old May 14, 2011, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by rally
For LAX , if Turkish Air parks at the Bradley terminal and departs as a United flight from terminal 7 than you might have time problems ,

I know some of the Turkish Air flights are United codeshare ,
Codeshare or not is irrevelvant, NH codeshare with UA too, does NH flights depart LAX from T7 as well ? NEVER.

LAX T7 is exclusively all UA metal flights.
Old May 14, 2011, 10:57 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by schley
Compression socks, hydration, vaseline for lips and nostrils, walk around during both flights. You will be fine.

I'm doing the following:

On United
oct 29 bah-kwi-iad-jfk (land on 30)
oct 31 jfk-lax-pdx-lax-jfk (land on nov 1)
nov 2 jfk-sfo-hkg (land on 3)

On Turkish
nov 4 hkg-ist (land on 5)
nov 6 ist-lax (2 1/2 hour transit)-ist (7 hour layover)-hkg (land on 8)

still debating on what to do between 11/8-13 maybe enjoy a destination for once? )

On United
nov 13 hkg-sfo-jfk (land same day, overnight jfk)
nov 14-jfk-iad-kwi-bah (land on 15)
Holy cr@p!! That's like 65k miles in just over 2 weeks!!!
Old May 14, 2011, 11:04 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Plat; no plans for chasing any more airline status.
Originally Posted by atcanobbio
any luck ex-LAX?

What about ex-YVR? Any luck? How much would this run and how (where) should I go about booking this? Not sure if I can do a "same-day-turn" but I'd like to do be as close to that as possible.

Advice...?
Old May 14, 2011, 11:09 pm

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by jasonvr
Holy cr@p!! That's like 65k miles in just over 2 weeks!!!
My all in is $2300, I'll be ok as I did 53,495 back in 2009 in 7 days. That was all UA and most all in E-. I have learned some tricks and my body over the last couple years. It isn't a talent, it is whatever one's body can tolerate. I am no one special that is for sure, just savy for the great opportunity to earn EQM's and visit some great places for a day or so.

As long as people are aware of how to take care of their body they should be fine.
Old May 14, 2011, 11:11 pm

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by ariyo15
What about ex-YVR? Any luck? How much would this run and how (where) should I go about booking this? Not sure if I can do a "same-day-turn" but I'd like to do be as close to that as possible.

Advice...?
You will have to position to get to HKG. Or you could take advantage of the ORD-IST (all economy) fare that is on this page for around $500.
Old May 14, 2011, 11:28 pm

Programs: UA MM, QF Plat, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
This was a great deal OP and thanks for posting it. In my case I grabbed a one way HKG-IST-LAX that's combined with already dirt cheap fair to KUL. I was going to redeem miles for a trip, but for $430 one way for TK premium ecnomy HKG-IST-LAX I can't argue.

One thing worth noting is TK P/E has 46 inch pitch and is 2-3-2 on the 777. Previously United ran a 55 inch pitch in 2-3-2.
Old May 14, 2011, 11:30 pm

Programs: 1P, AA EXP, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by michael9
EXP also gives errors when booking now. At payment page.
I just booked on EXP with no problem. Big ^ to the OP for this deal. Mrs. SFO Turtle and I will get to visit friends in Hong Kong and see Istanbul, a city we've been keenly interested to visit. Have booked ow *A award in C SFO-LAX-BKK-HKG with a 1/2 day of shopping in BKK before we get to HKG. Very cool.
Old May 14, 2011, 11:48 pm

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, DL PM, IC RA
Originally Posted by rally
For LAX , if Turkish Air parks at the Bradley terminal and departs as a United flight from terminal 7 than you might have time problems ,

I know some of the Turkish Air flights are United codeshare ,

I live in LA so never had to transit , but can you even do it in the Bradley terminal without going thru immigration ?

Rally
Lax inbound arrives at T6. Outbound will leave at T7. I read that there is a connection behind security. Am I right that I do not need to immigrate and can go directly from arrival to departure gate?
Old May 14, 2011, 11:55 pm

Programs: OZ *G, HHonors Gold, Aclub Plat
Originally Posted by cgnSenator
Lax inbound arrives at T6. Outbound will leave at T7. I read that there is a connection behind security. Am I right that I do not need to immigrate and can go directly from arrival to departure gate?
Don't think this is true. I believe you need to clear immigration and customs.
Old May 15, 2011, 12:02 am

Programs: AS MVP
Just booked a one way HKG->IST->LAX in mid Oct. 2 days stopover in IST by myself. Is this enough?

Was debating about this fare for the whole day since I still need to figure out SFO-HKG and then LAX-SJC/SFO to go home. Given this fare is refundable/changable, I just booked something around the dates I need.

Hopefully there'll be a SFO-HKG deal between now and Oct.
Old May 15, 2011, 12:09 am

Programs: 1P, AA EXP, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Potreroflyr
I'm pretty sure one of the TK website pages said the site could "see" the e-ticket regardless of where it was booked. Can't get the language now because apparently we've overloaded their IT systems.

Regardless, I can wait to call until after the deal is done...

Edit: Here's the website language (under "view my ticket"):

For Turkish Airlines customers, View My E-Ticket is a self-service online initiative designed to assist you by giving you reassurance about your booking by being able to view itinerary details , providing booking reference , viewing payment and invoice details of your booking . To access View My Booking, you must provide your e-ticket number. Regardless of where you made your booking, your e-ticket number is in our systems. Eticket number is a series of 13 characters containing only numbers and beginning with 235. If you do not have your own e-ticket number on any of your documentation, please contact to THY sales office or agency where you purchased your ticket who will have a record of it.

Add my thanks to the OP (s)!
Has anyone who booked through EXP actually been able to see their reservation on the TK website using the ticket number? I just booked a OW HKG-IST (stopover)-LAX on EXP in August and am curious what my actual fare basis was. It was the $52 OW fare plus taxes, which reading this thread suggests this would be an A fare, but others have said A fares were all sold out for August.
Old May 15, 2011, 12:23 am

There is a lot of misinformation in this thread. Turkish arrives and leaves from TBIT - Tom Bradley. You would absolutely have to clear immigration at LAX Tom Bradley and there is no way around it. Sometimes, economy lines are very long to clear security on departure at TBIT, so I would be cautious about doing same day turn.
Old May 15, 2011, 12:28 am

Damn it, was hoping to do this as a MR during the National Day long weekend in HKG, but it seems TK doesn't fly or have availability for that weekend.

Oh well....
Old May 15, 2011, 12:37 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, DL PM, IC RA
Originally Posted by Angeleno228
There is a lot of misinformation in this thread. Turkish arrives and leaves from TBIT - Tom Bradley. You would absolutely have to clear immigration at LAX Tom Bradley and there is no way around it. Sometimes, economy lines are very long to clear security on departure at TBIT, so I would be cautious about doing same day turn.
Yes you are right. I made a mistake and saw a united codeshare which arrives at T6. All TK flight arrive & leave at Tom Bradley International Terminal!
But I have 2,5h for the connection. I think thatīs save

Last edited by cgnSenator; May 15, 2011 at 12:40 am Reason: correction

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.