Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(FARE GONE) TK: HKG-IST-LAX $802 ai rt 2.4 cpm (Premium Econ)

(FARE GONE) TK: HKG-IST-LAX $802 ai rt 2.4 cpm (Premium Econ)

Old May 15, 2011, 12:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, A3 GLD, AC ELT; AA EXP | SPG PLT, PC PLT, Hilton GLD, Hyatt PLT | National EXEC, Hertz 5*
Thanks for the info.

What if I want to change before the first flight, say moving the stopover from return trip to outbound trip? Should I call XP.com and will they do so free of charge?

Originally Posted by Keter
If this is XP.com - you will have to contact airline for changes once you used your first segment. XP.com will not change anything for you (unless it is an involuntary change).
Old May 15, 2011, 12:56 pm

Programs: BA GGL, UA 1K, AC 35K, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by teddybw
Thanks for the info.

What if I want to change before the first flight, say moving the stopover from return trip to outbound trip? Should I call XP.com and will they do so free of charge?
I booked four of these and then realized trips overlapped due to the changes in time zones.

Called travelocity and cancelled three bookings with no problem. I then re-booked the tickets the way I wanted. I'm sure Expedia is not too much different in their policies. No issue with calling them, just not the airline itself.

I was not charged anything.
Old May 15, 2011, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by lax2010
If you figure out how to pay with USD with US CC on THY website, please let us know. Or anyone, please let us know. Thanks.
Turkish site accepted my Canadian Amex with no problem. Given the fare, I really can't see what the problem is with paying a percent or two for the cc exchange fee.
Old May 15, 2011, 1:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K, A3 GLD, AC ELT; AA EXP | SPG PLT, PC PLT, Hilton GLD, Hyatt PLT | National EXEC, Hertz 5*
Actually I also cancelled one -- bad dates and the stopover was on the outbound. I was not sure whether I want the stopover during the outbound or return trip. For now, I will more likely to use it during the return trip as I booked now, but things might change...

Unlike cancelling, changing before departure, especially after grace period is another story. It would require reissuing the ticket, so I am not sure whether I could still move the stopover without any charge...

Originally Posted by huntk
I booked four of these and then realized trips overlapped due to the changes in time zones.

Called travelocity and cancelled three bookings with no problem. I then re-booked the tickets the way I wanted. I'm sure Expedia is not too much different in their policies. No issue with calling them, just not the airline itself.

I was not charged anything.
Old May 15, 2011, 1:05 pm

Programs: UNITED 1P
Originally Posted by teddybw
Actually I also cancelled one -- bad dates and the stopover was on the outbound. I was not sure whether I want the stopover during the outbound or return trip. For now, I will more likely to use it during the return trip as I booked now, but things might change...

Unlike cancelling, changing before departure, especially after grace period is another story. It would require reissuing the ticket, so I am not sure whether I could still move the stopover without any charge...
now I wish i had booked this on exp rather htan TK's site becuase i need to make changes.. lol!
Old May 15, 2011, 1:19 pm
formerly Baxter&Bessies'Mama

Oh my gosh, thanks, OP!

I'm going to get to HK once and do back to back of these in Nov. I had given up on 1K for next year.

And thanks to Mr. Rebates on EP, I get some return on gas money for the trip!
Old May 15, 2011, 2:10 pm

Travelocity or TK site

Hello, haven't booked yet, due to awaiting confirmation of a cruise, but have checked on this fare at:
1. expedia.com and expedia.de -- unable to get fare despite specifying TK and Prem Econ for dates in Jan 2012. Not sure where the problem is.
2. travelocity.com -- get fare/schedule of US$802 ai but no where does it specify prem econ, and travelocity has no option for prem econ, only econ, biz, or FC
3. Thy.com -- can get fare of approx US$800 (priced in HK$) and for Comfort class (PE).

So my question is, once I confirm my LA schedule, I will book on the TK site, but if I run into problems there, does anyone know if the travelocity fare is for PE or how to confirm that the fare is Prem Econ?

Thanks.
Old May 15, 2011, 2:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.5MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond
China 'Do, here I come!

Booked a roundtrip on the Turkish website, starting on Sept. 3, returning Nov. 9, and a one-way HKG-IST-LAX on Nov. 16. Now I can get to Shanghai for the China 'Do! The DEN-HKG one-way is about $800 (W upgradeable with a SWU), so all I need is a *A award or LCC ticket for HKG-PVG and a LAX-DEN one-way.

Originally Posted by BryanIAH
If this books into A it will not earn 150% EQM on UA.

UA credits TK A class at 100% EQM and 150% RDM. Link

CO credits TK A class at 150% EQM and 125% RDM. Link

But remember, "Continental Airlines and Turkish Airlines reserve the right to change the eligible fare classes at any time without notice." So as TK rolls out more 77Ws and returns the 9W leases CO/UA could easily change A class from First to Premium Economy and disallow the increased earnings.
Thanks for posting this note! Since the Turkish flights don't count toward CR-1 upgrade accrual on UA, and my CO/UA EQMs will be combined at the end of the year anyway, I'll probably use my CO Platinum account number and see what happens with the A booking class.
Old May 15, 2011, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by tangoll
Hello, haven't booked yet, due to awaiting confirmation of a cruise, but have checked on this fare at:
1. expedia.com and expedia.de -- unable to get fare despite specifying TK and Prem Econ for dates in Jan 2012. Not sure where the problem is.
2. travelocity.com -- get fare/schedule of US$802 ai but no where does it specify prem econ, and travelocity has no option for prem econ, only econ, biz, or FC
3. Thy.com -- can get fare of approx US$800 (priced in HK$) and for Comfort class (PE).

So my question is, once I confirm my LA schedule, I will book on the TK site, but if I run into problems there, does anyone know if the travelocity fare is for PE or how to confirm that the fare is Prem Econ?

Thanks.
I actually just booked one with Travelocity. The "Adult fare rules" should indicate that this is a Prem Econ ticket (U2RTHK. COMFORT FARES PREMIUM CLASS SEAT PITCH 46 INCHES APPLICATION AREA THESE FARES APPLY FROM HKG TO AREA 1. CLASS OF SERVICE THESE FARES APPLY FOR BUSINESS CLASS SERVICE....). I guess when this deal is dead, you can always call TK office to reconfirm if this is indeed Prem Econ? If it's not, cancel it?
Old May 15, 2011, 2:37 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Gold, M&M FTL, QR Gold, HH Diamond, PCR Platinum
Anybody managed to book on XP.com beyond 10-April-2012? If yes, please advise how.
Old May 15, 2011, 2:45 pm

greenforest, thanks. Saw the fare rules, just didn't read it thru carefully enough.
Old May 15, 2011, 3:26 pm

Programs: DL MM/Silver; UA 1K ; Hilton Gold; Marriott Titanium; Avis Pref+,Hertz PC
Wish the fare is available x-LAX
Old May 15, 2011, 3:33 pm

Programs: UNITED 1P
I decided to purchase another of these fares as a mileage-run but expedia keeps on giving me the same problem as another poster here (failing at payment stage and putting through multiple temp charges to my card). So I decided to go for Travelocity but travelocity states the fare is not-refundable in the general policies but the fare rules say the fare is refundable. I went ahead with Travelocity but should I be concerned? Thanks!
Old May 15, 2011, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by nanirina
I decided to purchase another of these fares as a mileage-run but expedia keeps on giving me the same problem as another poster here (failing at payment stage and putting through multiple temp charges to my card). So I decided to go for Travelocity but travelocity states the fare is not-refundable in the general policies but the fare rules say the fare is refundable. I went ahead with Travelocity but should I be concerned? Thanks!
I booked my one-way with Expedia.com just few hours ago and did not have any problem. However, I highly doubt I will actually use this fare because despite the very attractive fare, I may end up paying more out of the pocket (positioning flight(s), hotels, days loss in traveling...). I do hope that I actually travel on this one-way (showing that I can select J seats on HKG-IST!!!).
Old May 15, 2011, 3:46 pm

Programs: AA Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by nanirina
I decided to purchase another of these fares as a mileage-run but expedia keeps on giving me the same problem as another poster here (failing at payment stage and putting through multiple temp charges to my card).
I was having the same problem with Expedia a little while ago. I'm going to give it another go in a couple hours and if not, I'll try Travelocity. I'd print out the fare rules to be safe, but I think it should be ok.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.